Mom of 4 Jumbo Sized Babies' Journey to the Flat Side!

Today I begin my (short) weight loss journey. I...

Today I begin my (short) weight loss journey. I hope to lose 10-15 lbs by my surgery date (not set yet). My consultation is set, however, for May 19th!!! I am super nervous for the recovery time, since my children are still small. They are 2, 5, 8, and 10. My babies ranged from 9lbs 2 oz to 9lbs 8 oz at birth. Since I am stretching to hit 5'4", my belly went straight out and there is a LOT of evidence. I am adding a few pre weight loss pics and hope to take measurements tonight.

Your title "Jumbo Babies" made me laugh. I had jumbo babies as well. Please let us know how your consultation goes!
Will do! They definitely felt huge when I was carrying them! LOL
I know that's right! This is a little why I did mines new start on life started by making myself feel good about myself first. I will wear a 2 piece I think it's been a longggggg time coming. I will post pic soon. Just be careful whenever you do because you still have little ones.

Trying not to obsess

I got on the scale a couple days ago (in the afternoon) and about had a heart attack. So I started counting calories. I've downloaded and subsequently deleted a food journal/calorie counting app twice in the past 3-4 days. I get really freaked out (obsessed) by the numbers. I can't do it. So I am just consciously making better food choices, trying to have more frequent/smaller meals and avoiding going out to eat as much as I can. I'm hoping to start working out more too. Ugh, having 4 kids and a full time job doesn't make losing weight easy. At all. Boo!

I know I'll have a good result whether I lose weight or not. I've dieted and exercised like a fiend before but quit because the belly wasn't budging. I think I will really be a lot happier with myself once the surgery is done. I'm not going to obsess over it. At least I'll try not to. :/

On the upside, I weighed this morning before I ate and I was a good 6 lbs lighter than on the first day. That's something... Right? LOL

Anxious

I am SO anxious for my consultation. As I look through all of these reviews I get more excited for the end result. While the recovery is a big worry for me (babysitter, cleaning, cooking, etc) I can't wait!

Yes! Eating smaller portions throughout the day is the way to go! I lost 115 pounds and I hear ya….I hate that completely full-over did it with a meal-bloated feeling. But you can do this. I know it's hard with kids and working full time. Just take one day at a time, and surround yourself with good food choices. When is your consultation?
My consultation is May 19th. I've been trying to do just that. I was really bad about going through a drive through on the way to work and getting a fattening breakfast. Between cutting that out, replacing my Sweet Teas with splenda sweetened tea, stopping diet coke, and trying to eat more fruits and vegetables through more frequent/healthier meals, I am pretty confident I'll loose a bit. I have started to work out a bit too. My back hurts so bad from working out though, no core strength!

Had hubby go by and spend my Kohls cash before it expired...

Had hubby go by and spend my Kohls cash before it expired. He bought me something for my work outs... LOL I will not be wearing this in public for quite a while. I may do a before pic in it though :/

Here's the outfit...

Good luck;)!
Thank you!
Good look with your journey! You will do well with the weight loss but keep in mine you will need hubby to do the lifting of the babies and not be as mobile once you get your surgery. Best wishes!

Scale didn't budge this week...

Boo. Scale is holding steady, I didn't get to work out much though. Sick baby and busy at work. Hoping for a change this week. Here is the before in the "booty shorts" my hubby bought. Hoping for a much nicer "after" photo one of these days. At least I didn't gain right? :)

Getting closer!

Although I haven't weighed in over a week, my dieting has gone down hill. On my kid's field trip we went on a nature hike and ended up a mountain (really a big hill) lost. I'm still sore from that hike 3 days ago so... Oh well. I took a few pics today of me doing my best "sucking it in" and I am getting excited!!! Consult in 4 more days!

Pics didn't post!

I really like your striped shirt! I bet it'll be so loose after surgery!

Tomorrow is the Consultation!!!

Nervous and excited for tomorrow, I hope he doesn't tell me to lose more weight before he'll do the surgery... :/

I hope all goes well on your consult today. Let us know what they say :-)
Good luck! I just had my pre-op today! Made me even more nervous lol.
How did your consult go??

Got my date set!

I am scheduled for June 25th!!! It doesn't even seem real. The nurses and doctor were all very informative and helpful. I paid my consultation fee and my surgery reservation fees today and I go back June 17th for my preop visit and again on the 25th for my TUMMY TUCK!!! My total cost is just under $6,400.

I'm joining the flat side on 6/16/14, very close to yours. Congratulations on all you've achieved. The pictures of you holding it in look good, imagine how the MR will hold it like that for you PLUS the extra skin will be gone. Your gonna look great.
Yay for us! I can't wait for my skin "flap" to be GONE!
Congrats & good luck!

In the home stretch!

At this time next week I'll be on the flat side!! I am also SUPER happy that I just started my period and THAT should be over by surgery time! Now to get my house prepared!

I got mine just before my surgery too, thank god! Not long now, how exciting!!!
We are scheduled for the same day!!!
Yay!!! Are you nervous?

SURGERY DAY

I'm out of surgery and back home resting comfortably. Now that is RESTING comfortably, getting up for the bathroom is AWFUL! I don't get to unwrap until my post op appointment on Tuesday so here is what I look like (excuse my hubby's crappy photography).

I can't wait to see pics:))
Can't wait to see after pics! Get well soon!
I have a catheter in so no getting up to pee but I keep getting up to walk and for me that's a nightmare

I've been home 2 days now.

I'm still pretty much bedridden, but today I have gotten up twice on my own and made my way to the bathroom and gotten back into bed. So progress is being made! Slow and steady. Thanks for the encouraging words ladies!

Look at you! Congratulations on crossing over to the flat side :)
We did it girl !!

One Week Post Op

I was one week post op yesterday. Finally got to shower and my dressings off! Praying these drains come out next Tuesday when I go back. I had severe nausea from about day 4-6 but I finally got that under control and have an appetite again. I never even felt pain in my incision until the dressing came off and now it is a burn here and there. My drains do burn rather frequently as well. Here are my updated pics! I'm excited about my results so far!

Cross your fingers

Going back to see my PS tomorrow. I'm desperately praying that these drains come out! They are on my hips in a very inconvenient place. I don't know how the ladies with them at the crotch do it!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Still have one of my drains until Monday.

Ugh, this drain is sore and annoying! I just want it out! Here are my updated pics. I think I am a little swollen now in week 2.

Hey looking good!! I love that your drains are right along with ur incision! Mine are below ugh. How is your swelling? Mine went down a lot but I still have a lot more.
Mine was less in the first 2 weeks. It's not terrible but I can tell it is there. I finally got my drains out at least!
Looking great!

Drains are done!

I finally got my 2nd drain out at 19 days post op! I felt like a prisoner released from jail! Swelling has definitely been an issue but not so much I can't deal. I wish I could wear regular clothes but oh well. I attempted regular button fly lightweight khaki capris (that I wore before my TT but were technically too small and I squeezed in with a major muffin top) and the waistband was a bit snug but not tight but I think it made me swell worse. So I'll give it another week and try again I guess. I have about 3 weeks until I go back to work and I need to wear real clothes! Anyway here is my week 3 updated collage...

Dr. J. Stewart Humphrey

Doctor and staff were all very informative and patient. Very professional environment and nice facility.