Can I Get It Back in Maryland? Tummy tuck, reduction, and Lipo to the flanks

Can I get it back? My body back? I am 32 with...

Can I get it back? My body back? I am 32 with three kids all born via c -section. I dislike my body and decided to do something about it. After months of research and getting approved. ...I am strongly thinking about a tummy tuck, breast reduction, and Lipo of the flanks. I am about to contact a few doctors for appointments and see which one I will trust to do this for me. Wish me luck!

appointment tomorrow

I am meeting with a doctor that I meant year for hopefully my final consult before I make the big decision. My husband and I wrote down a ton of questions and I am excited and nervous all at once. I hope I do not get on the staff's nerves lol

Date set and freaking out!

After meeting with 5 Doctors I decided to book with Dr. Lickstein. My date is set for May 23, 2014. I have paid the doctors and just waiting on the day.

Photos

Here are some photos of what I deal with.

hmmmmmm

So D DAY is only days away. I am so scared and nervous right now it's ridiculous. I am sleeping which is a good thing. I have gone to the stOre but feel like I am missing a lot of stuff. I will update soon with my list of stuff, photos, and what I'm doing to prepare for surgery.

Pills..... Pills. .....PILLS!!!!!!!

Sooooooo, I am taking 15 pills per day right now. I am doing the VitaMedica Clinical Support which include a morning and evening formula ( 3 pills per day per formula with food), Bromelain with Quercetin ( 2 pills three times per day on an empty stomach), and Colace (2-3 pills per day).

Then on Thursday night I have to put on a transderm patch and take 1 anxiety pill.

Finally after surgery I have hydrocodon and promethazine for pain, clindamycin, and arnica. NOW that's on top of what I'm currently taking. Smh. Did I mention I do not like taking pills! !!!!! Help :'(

current thoughts

What if I do not like the results? Still feel fat? Boobs come out too small? Too big? He not aggressive enough? I can't handle the pain? I regret not buying a recliner? Lose sensation in my nipples?

FREAKING OUT

WHAT AM I GETTING MYSELF INTO? !

AND. .... I'm off

Doctors just called and told me to come on because he is ready. I actually looked in the mirror and thought, "I don't look bad. I'm hiding it well! What's wrong with my boobs. ..." smh. I guess as they say, "see you on the flat side! !!"

it's over. .... its begins

Surgery went well and now the healing begins. The doctor was very pleased with the results. I'm a little looosy so i will blog later

Thus far. .... not worth it

I feel my boobs are too small. My stomach looks a mess and I better off before. I'm not flat. What happened to the freaking flat side? !

Continued

I just came came from my follow up appointment with the nurse. I don't want the nurse. I want the doctor. I paid for his services. My insurance is paying for him. Why did I get this done? My boobs are too small and my stomach look like fat flabby rail road track. I swear it looks worse! !!! I didn't all this money on this? !

hours before surgery

follow up visit continued.

The check in was effortless and the ladies at the desk are extremely nice. The doctor office has plenty of water, coffee, and tea which is always a plus. We forgot some documents so my husband left me and went back to gather the papers. Within a couple of minutes the nurse called me back. She didn't even remember me from less than two weeks ago smh. The appointment consistent of her looking at my boobs, tummy, and telling me to discard my Lipo foams by day seven. She also told me after my next visit I should be ready for a different bra. I asked her about my cg as I was measured for it weeks ago. Not sure what's the deal with that but I thought I already paid for a cg and if this cheap white thing I have is it. ..... that's crazy! I had these after my c section. Again, I would have loved to see the doctor and not a nurse. I told them before I booked that I'm not the one for a nurse only.

One full week. 7 days post op thoughts

Hmmmm where do I begin. .....

1. The things that were a must - pain pills and all prescriptions prior to surgery, wedge pillows from bed bath and beyond, buckets, sponge/wash clothes, stool softer, extra strength Tylenol, slippers/no skid socks and got me earrings and lip gloss.

2. Things for hospital - pillow (even though I took a pillow from hospital) to ride with and take pressure off the seat belt, all medicines so they can record them, hair bonnets/scarf or whatever you need, button up shirt and an easy pull on bottom.

3. Things you should do prior to leaving hospital - make sure your oral meds are sufficient for pain without a lot of side effects and go over medicine schedule with a nurse or your doctor.

4.Things not to do - Rush your recovery, miss your meds, look at body too soon. Lucky my husband stayed home with me and made sure I did not miss my meds and allowed me to rest. DO NOT complain too much to your spouse. I made him feel down because I full of negativity.

5. Lessons learned - As stated above. Try to say something positive. Others around you can be effected if you are full of negativity. Find something good to say. Remember to write down your drain out put. My husband forgot a couple of times. Lastly,within a week get out of the house. I mean walk to mail box, ride to the stOre, just do something. Fresh air and the outdoor makes yOu feel better.

1 week photos

I had mixed emotions about my post op body. I fell my boobs are so small and my stomach is a mess. However, as ppl in the May 2014 tummy tuck group and my husband told me. ...... maybe because I'm use to G cups they seem small.

I had a lot of stretch marks so I'm coming around

husband due to for work so of course the pain increased right! ?!

I am sleeping in my bed with two wedge pillows and some regular pillows. Getting out of bed in the morning is comical. I look like a beetle on its back lol. Therefore, I'm nervous about my husband leaving tomorrow. I often get too comfOrtable on the sofa or snooze off and can't get back. Then. .....

My drain site is a bother. They are placed in my groan and bother me when they tug or get pulled. I felt something stinking and realizes they are oozing and the stitch is pulled almost out. I phoned the doctor and he gave me two choices; 1. Pull them out and keep my regular scheduled appointment for this week or 2. Tape them, remain as still as possible, and see him on Tuesday. We decided on the latter.

And then there is Monday

2nd post op visit was yesterday, June 3rd

I was originally scheduled for my second appointment on June 5th. However, My drains started coming out and leaking over the weekend. I called the doctor and he told me to tape them and see him first thing Tuesday morning. So much for that because they didn't bring me in until 3pm. AND I saw another nurse and her assistant. Smh

The wait was not that bad and the nurse was concerned with my belly button because it's black. She tried washing it and decided it was drIed up blood and wants me to keep an eye on it. Did I see the doctor? No. Apparently I won't see him till the end of the month!!!! Oh and AGAIN I was asked what I got done. They thought implants lol. They cut all whiskers that were hanging out, took out my drains, cleaned my navel, and told me to let my TT scar breath. I can now shower 24 hours after the drain removal which did not hurt ( I took two extra strength Tylenol pills before).

2 weeks post-op

I am now two weeks post-op! !! The drains are out and showering feels great. Word of advice. ..... have someone close by the first time you shower.

I have been to the mall twice and find driving comfortable. Therefore, I'm not driving yet. Oh and, I'm now off all medication except arnica. I probably should take Tylenol but I don't.

I am still not in love with the new body but I like it. I think my stomach looks weird and my boobs are small. Yes, there is a difference but I'm just not in love. Maybe because I'm swelling? I don't know. Party of me feel that I was flatter after week one. Again, I could just be swelling.

New items of the week/ thoughts

I purchased sport bras from Wal-Mart. They were seven dollars and have seven small hooks in the front. I also purchased assets shape wear from target and khols. I really wish my doctors office provided assistance with this. I would recommend them giving their clients a list of "recommended items to purchase".

Oh and I'm not putting anything on my scars yet. I was told to wait until eveRything heals then start scar therapy. However, I get itchy, skin is peeling, and a bunch of glue is still falling off.

3 week up date

1 month

can't believe I have not been posting!

Wow! Can't believe I have not been posting. .... I am can to work and miss being home. I think if you can afford it, take four weeks off work. I did three but wish I did four. I was not walking that well and everyone noticed it lol.

What was I thinking? ! I honestly thought no one would notice the work I had done. Yeah I know, stupidity at best lol. I do not openly talk about it but a few people know I had a breast reduction. I barely like talking about it so those close to me know it's a sensitive subject right now.

OOOOHHHHH I FINALLY SAW THE DOCTOR

I saw the doctor a little after four weeks. He was pleasant and seemed pleased with his work. He told me I would get smaller after the swelling goes down and cleared me to swim, lift weights, sleep on my side and go to the gym. He also prescribe sleeping pills because I was not sleeping all night and he believes proper sleep helps you heal. Why am I not sleeping? The freaking Lipo areas. ...ouch! I think I should have also got some 800mg because the Advil was a joke.

He wants to see me in a month.

ummm

So I have noticed that I've become"regular"since my surgery. Not sure if anyone else noticed this but I did. Smh lol.

THIS CAN'T BE! !!!

Am I getting fat again? ! I think my stomach is getting fat :-(

I missed an appointment!

My phone told me the appointment was at 2:30 but oh no I just knew it was 4:30. Well, the time in my phone was accurate and I missed my appointment! Crazy thing is the doctor can not see me until August 19th now. Ugh! I truly messed up.

my two months photos

Well at least my stomach looks good in this dress!

2 months post op and got into an accident! My body is sore and I just want to rest. on the way out if the hospital door, I rubbed my stomach and said "at least my belly looks nice in this dress! "Lol
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

What type do wedge pillows did you get? I'm foregoing the recliner as well.
I think you look very good! From before and after just amazing. Your on the right track and cant wait to see more of your journey
Thank you! Sometimes I feel great and other times. .....I feel fat with small boobs.
If you do comparison pics. You will be like dammmm I look good! And your healthy now, with a successful procedure. Enjoy your new body. You look good.
Wow... What a difference!! You look great! Have you started working out? I have and swell hell has arrived :-( you look so good though n
Thanks lady! I am walking three miles a few times per week. I am going to gym this week to visit the elliptical and arc trainer lol. You look great!
It is most likely swelling unless you've been eating and drinking too much like I have lately, lol. I guess that's what vacations are for, right?
Oh a vacation sounds nice right about now! Where did you go? Did you wear a bikini or nice swim wear?
Hey lady, don't stress yourself it's most likely the swell hell stages for you. Keep in mind you will experience it from time to time for at least a year. How are your breast healing?
I am healing well. My breast are silk sensitive but that's expected. I do not like my marks but oh well.
All I can say is Wow!!! What a transformation :)
Thank you!
Want surgery and debated for years. Was it worth it? Any other doctor you would suggest.? Scared but want to start process.
Yes, it is worth it! Are you in Maryland? If anything I recommend a board certified doctor with lots of experience!
i am def doing that. there are just so many to choose from. I am in MD.
You look great..I am also heavy chested and am looking into having the same surgeries. Would you recommend your surgeon?
His work seems to get a lot of praise. If you are looking for a very personable surgeon and surgeon office. ... um. ... um...idk. BUT an on time doctor who will give you nice thin marks... yes! There is another girl on here and her boobs look wonderful! !!!we had the same doctor.
considering procedure but scared, Was it worth it, or would you recommend anyone else? apros and cons with all doctors. just need help choosing.
I had consultations with Drs. Jeffrey Schreiber, Larry Lickstein, Alan markmann, and Ronald Schuster. My top two were between Schuster and Lickstein and I decided on Lickstein. I also loved the work from another doctor but he does not take insurance so I didn't even make an appointment :-(
My insurance won't cover any of a tummy tuck. I was thinking lickstein or Rodriguez . Was going to maybe try basner or markmann. Who was other dr you liked? Are you happy with your results, aftercare and scars?
Who was other doctor?
Very similar bellies before surgery! Swelling is HELL but you are doing great! New breasts look good too...kinda wish I did a lift on mine now.....hopefully when you are completely healed you will like everything. Not too sure about not seeing your PS each visit, mine I saw each visit. Happy Healing!
Same to yOu. I did nit see my doctor till I was a month post - op. I went to his office twice and did not see him. He did come and visit me the day after surgery in the hospital.
Our before stomachs are similar.
Yes but I think you have less stretch marks which is awesome lol