Ready to Get Rid of my Big Nose!

I've decided to finally get a rhinoplasty. I've...

I've decided to finally get a rhinoplasty. I've wanted to get one since I was in 7th grade. Everyone kept saying that I would grow into my nose, but that hasn't happened. Everyone I've told says I'm beautiful the way I am, but this nose isn't on their face! It took me a while to figure out how to tell my parents. They know I've wanted to get this done for years, but I think they were hoping I would decide not to do it. Amazingly, I got up the courage to look up doctors in the Chicago area and make an appointment. Now I've put down the security deposit and scheduled the appointment. I'm actually pretty surprised I got up the nerve to get this far. Now I'm starting to freak out that it will be painful and the outcome won't be what I expected and I'll want my nose to be smaller or something. Did anyone else go through this?
I'm so glad you started your story on RealSelf! Pre-op anxiety is really common. Make sure you've chosen a board certified plastic surgeon who has elite credentials and has done many, many noses (successfully). Also make sure you thoroughly communicate what you do and don't want out of this procedure. Please keep us posted as you get nearer your big day! Here's a list of recovery supplies that might come in handy.