Finally Worked Up the Courage for a Review...

Having always hated my nose since in my teens i...

Having always hated my nose since in my teens i decided to have a Rhinoplasty around 20 years ago.

It took me a long time to save the money as i was a single mother at the time and so when i had the (unsuccessful) surgery and was soo very dissapointed with the results i was devastated.

It took me many years to finally work up the courage to once again see a PS to see what could be done.

5 years ago i saw a PS here in Adelaide who showed me a computer image of what i wanted done...(looked fabulous) and then proceeded to tell me he could'nt do it..I was shattered to say the least.

So off i went once again and resumed my life still very unhappy with my nose until a few months ago when i found this incredible site. I am addicted. I have been for an initial consult with my PS who works out of APSA and he seems very confident he CAN do what i am wanting. I'm still struggling to believe it?

I'm having a 2nd consult tomorrow as i just need to hear him say it again and reassure me i guess!

I'm pencilled in for surgery on the 29th of April, and i say pencilled as i still may chicken out lol, this is where i need all of your help and support (pleeease) I will try and upload some selfies i took, bear in mind it is early in the morning and i'm not wearing any makeup at at. The PS says he will do a closed surgery with no bridgework as this part of my nose is ok.He says he will feminise my nose as the tip is long, crooked and pointy and also i am wanting the projection (side on) brought in a bit.
Petrified is an understatement!!

done and dusted

well i lived to tell the tale, now for the recovery...ps i look like a pig atm, but i know it is swelling so i'm not letting myself get down about it. Just glad it's over... the surgery was a breeze! don't know what i was stressing about lol!

days two and three...

OK so i'm feeling quite good today, not wearing the drip pad anymore as just minor discharge, sleeping quite well with my U pillow and still NO pain. Love the cool comfort of Arnica gel, very soothing on face and around nose. Top lip still very swollen and stiff, still worried about whats under this splint? trying not to obsess about though! Starting to be able to breathe a bit through my nose so swelling must be levelling out, very crusty with dry blood though, but too scared to clean it as only internal stitches and scared of dislodging one, plus the nurse specifically said, NO CLEANING, NO WIPING, NO TOUCHING....UNDERSTOOD!!! yep, i got it! I look like a cross between a monkey and a pig right now lol and remember i paid good money to look this way! I know the tip is higher than it will be (whew) as it has tape pulling it up at the moment...Got to be rational about this right! Fools and old women judge things half done, heard that somewhere so i'm using it :)

Finally, the day is here, cast off day, it's been a long week.

Well here it is, the day i've been waiting for. It's been a long BORING week...i mean you can only watch so much t.v. and sleep right. I'm not feeling happy with the look of my nose so far, it does look too high atm and over-rotated, but hoping that will drop slightly...i'm also very worried about the projection and profile, but whatever the outcome i will have to live with it! I think i am more nervous today than i was on surgery day, but can't wait to come home and have a proper shower and hair wash! So wish me luck...here i go...EEEEP

Just got home, feels a bit weird...

Wow, bit of a shock having cast off. Nose is still very swollen but awesome to have it off and be able to very gentle wash my face. Skin on my nose is a bit leather like and my nostrils are still assymetrical but Dr says that will settle down with time. Much straighter and shorter from front view, side view actually seems bigger in projection at tip than previously?? what do you guys think? Anyway at least i can go to the shop now, bruising clearing up nicely. Still got dry blood in my nose but Dr says lots of stitches so leave it be...grrr, annoying

one more from front at home 2 hours later!

Before and afters...

Still not sure, so for myself decided to do some before and afters, i know the tip stays swollen the longest, i know it's only 9 days from actual surgery, i know i'm being obsessive but i can't seem to focus on anything else at the moment...
Dr Tim Edwards

So, i have now been for a second consult with my PS..just to make sure we are on the same page and asked him to tell me what it was that i was wanting, rather than me just telling him again. He opened my pictures on his computer and explained what he would do, it was exactly as i would have said it, so i felt very happy and confirmed my surgery for the 29th April, and received all the relevant paperwork! Yikes! I also asked him what his policy was regarding patients who are not satisfied with their result and he assured me any revision work (better not be) will be done free of his surgery charge. So far so good :)

Hey there. Im from adelaide as well. I had my rhino done in march. Ive sent you a private message.
You look fantastic!
How are you recovering hun? Any updates? Been thinking of you :)
Big changes from the day when you had your cast off. It looks very beautiful already. Don't worry your nose is definitely changing to the better. Happy for you.
It looks great already! So happy for you! & will be looking forward for new updates :)
Thank-you so much, will keep updating :)
It looks so good already, can't wait to see your updates in a few weeks!
Cheers for that, will post more pic,s in a couple of weeks...
I love it!! It really does look beautiful. And for only 9 days later it is looking so natural! Do you still have to sleep on your back? Have you gone back to your old moisturisers? The only thing I'm dreading is not wearing make-up for 6 weeks :| that's going to look great at work!! Do you work? If so, have you gone back? xx
Thanks, but am a bit sad at the moment, just rang APSA and have to go back in to see a nurse tomorrow :( I realized I wasn't breathing very well out of my left nostril and was having a bit of pain. I looked up and can see a skin flap or piece of cartilage which has come loose and is covering my airway YIKES...best get it checked out asap. I am sleeping on back still but only lower as I couldn't do the sit up thing any more. I am gently cleansing the skin on my nose AND wearing makeup? nobody said I shouldn't so I was unaware? also using my normal moisturiser as well as Arnica Gel which is very cool and soothing. I have been using a concealer to cover my under eye bruising, which is hard to get rid of and as i'm going back to work on Monday and nobody there knows what I've had done, if they notice any bruising they'll think who knows what lol? will keep updating on here xx
Ouch!!! Is that normal? Hope you don't have to go under again! :( Oh really?? I googled about make-up and they all say no make-up for at least a few weeks - especially on the nose. Concealer around the eyes is ok. My PA personal assistant (from APSA) told me this - NO he doesn't recommend doing anything differently prior to surgery - avoid fake tan one week prior surgery on your face - post surgery you cannot touch the nose for 6 weeks so no make up or tans should be sprayed or rubbed in - you can use make up around the eye area if you have any residual brusing but again no specific recommendations. Hope this helps. Haha hopefully your bruising is gone by then! Bring concealer to work :) Let me know how you go with your appointment :( best of luck xx
Looks great! Just give it some time and please keep us posted!
thank-you, yes I know it's still early yet, but i'm impatient AND obsessive lol
It looks good so far. I think it's still swollen so give it some time. Glad you're all done!
Thank you Z, I've had a bit of a setback though? loose bit of skin or cartilage has dropped down and is covering my airway in my left nostril? Going back to see nurses tomorrow as is my PS day off and i'm back to work tomorrow :(
It looks very nice-- one of the better "Australian results" I have seen on here! Congrats.
Looks very cute!!
Hi who was your surgeon amazing results
thank you so much! Dr Tim Edwards in Adelaide, South Australia :)
I like it! Definitely natural looking. Much better from before. You look younger. Don't be so hard in yourself. Think positive:)
thanks for saying that! All I can get from my partner is "nothing wrong with your nose" which he said before AND after so very hard to know what its like lol, men?
Your nose looks great and natural..my surgery is tomorrow morning ahhh
Oh how exciting! good luck for tomorrow! I hope it goes well for you, sooo close now :)