Fraxel Co2 for White Stretch Marks

Because I can't find before and after photos or...

Because I can't find before and after photos or reviews, I've decided to start my own review on Fraxel co2 for abdominal stretch marks. I know there are many people with stretch marks that are looking for cures or improvement possibilities just like me, so I wanted to write this review to help other people. On the 4th of April, I go in for my First of three treatments of Fraxel co2.

My First Fraxel Treatment

I had my first fraxel today. It was super easy and fast! It was all done in about 15 minutes, and it didn't hurt at all. I do have the expected redness post treatment, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be. Although I am skeptical about how great my results will be, I am still excited to see if they improve.

2nd Day After First Fraxel Treatment

The redness is almost completely gone. I am healing very quickly. I didn't feel any pain, and I didn't get very red. I hope this doesn't that I'm not responding very well to the treatment.

Day Three After First Treatment

I don't know if it's improvement or if the marks are just inflamed, but marks on the left side look a little smoother. The ones on the right side are still puffy and red, so I can't tell on those ones.

10 Day After First Treatment

It's been 10 days since my first fraxel treatment, and I am starting to see the results. The stretch marks on my right side have completely filled in. They're still a little red, so I don't know much darker they have gotten. But as of now, they definitely look better. The marks on my left side were very deep, but I can tell they look a little better. They are are a little darker, but they're still glossy white. I can really tell the treatment did something. I can't wait to see how they look with time. I was very skeptical at first, but I am excited about my next treatment!

Second Day After Second Fraxel Treatment

I had my second Fraxel treatment yesterday. I couldn't post a pic for the first day because I didn't back in town until late. This time she increased the heat and covered my whole stomach instead of just the marks. I stayed red this time, but I still didn't feel any pain.

Second Day After Second Fraxel Treatment

Day Three of Second Laser Treatment

It's starting to look really good. I'm happy with it so far.

Day Three

Day Seven After Second Laser Treatment

All redness is almost gone, so I decided started back up on the Retin A and aquaphor. That's why my tummy is so shiny. It's looking good so far. I also had a breast lift today, which is why my chest is all taped up. More updates coming soon!

Day Eight

Very Happy With my Results

I've just compared my before photo with the photo I took today. I am very very pleased. It was totally worth it.

New photos

I found a old photo on my digital camera of my stretch marks. It's a very good photo as is shows the the marks in great detail. I took another photo yesterday with the same camera of my stretch marks after treatment. What a difference!

Do you have any more updates? And how is your progress are you still seeing improvements?
Mr. Blobby - I am posting a review within the next day or two. I have before, middle and after treatment photos to share. For me it was a definite improvement (say...maybe 75%). It helped with the color and mostly the texture.
Great thanks I will keep an eye out for your review, it sounds like you have had some good success with it. Be sure to let us know which type of laser you used as there is so many different ones and sometimes people forget to say what exact treatment they had. I keep seeing a before/after photo on this site and the result looks remarkable but it does not say what treatment was used annoyingly.
I had 4 treatments with the 1540 Palomar laser. It is completely non-ablative resulting in little downtime.
Mr Blobby -My review is up and running!
Hi Jan40 sorry took a while to reply. I had a consultation several months ago and was recommended to use the same Palomar Lux 1540 laser. I have been putting it off as many have said it may not work at all, though the clinic told me 50-75% improvement could be expected. I've spent all this time looking for alternatives and there are lots of options just not many reviews. Thanks for posting yours I will be sure to check it out.
It worked well in my particular case. The marks are so much lighter, smoother and smaller.
Hello guys . Mm I had my first session 15 days ago . And the redness still noticed . Kind of brownyyy . Is that normal . ?
Very normal. If you exfoliate, some of it will come off. It's the dry top layer. I always feel like by the time everything is back to the same color, it's time for another treatment. I feel like I'm never going to wear a bikini this summer.
I did add a pic to my profile after having one laser treatment. I'm going to try to add another after second treatment.
Hey - just checking in.....have you had your 3rd treatment?? I had mine last week. Always hard to tell if there is a difference until all coloring is back to normal. What is your overall opinion so far? I think it is helping, but I keep getting nervous when I read bad reviews. Do you think any of this could be counter productive (like make skin more wrinkly...etc). I keep asking questions, but I'm learning that there aren't too many people who have used this in my PS office for stretch marks.
WOW. This makes me so hopeful. So happy for you! It's insane how good your physique can be yet still be frustrated w/ your body b/c of SMs. Ugh! Story of my life. I've lost 60+lbs and cant quite seem to celebrate my weight loss b/c of my SMs/loose skin. Your results are awesome and you've got a nice belly. Do you think they'll tan well now? Are you reluctant to tan b/c of UV radiations tendency to breakdown collagen etc.? Tanning my untreated SMs looks like someone etched my skin with a radioactive highlighter lol AND I live in Arizona, how convenient. Ha!
I am also doing laser treatments and have been told to stay out of the sun. I will be using some serious sunscreen this summer.
Gotcha! Thanks for answering my questions. Do you think a self tanner would take to skin where there once were SMs when you're done with treatments seeing that the skin is regenerating (if I understand the process correctly)?? Sorry to obsess w/ tanning, I just love being tan, esp living in a warmer climate but I'm so reluctant to bronze either outside or from a can b/c of my SMs. What type of laser treatments are you getting if you don't mind me asking?
HI! So sorry it took me so long to reply. Thank you for your complement and congratulations on your weight loss! I also have lose skin and stretchmarks. I hate it! Unfortunately, stretchmarks never tan. They're scars, and scar tissue doesn't create melanin like healthy tissue does. Tanning will not make the marks darker. Healthy skin around the marks will get darker when you tan causing the stretch marks to look whiter and more prominent. I am really fair skinned and would love to tan, but I am scared of making my marks look worse.
Do you think you could find the same camera you took for the old photo you found and use that for the next picture as a good way to compare? Also is the texture getting more smooth/normal yet and do the stretch marks still shine in the light?
I had started my first session last week . I hope things will go as I wish .
Hey - out of curiosity....are you finding that right after getting lasered the marks are much less visible due to redness and swelling and that after your normal skin color sets back in a few weeks later that the stretch marks sort of "come back" (but maybe not as noticeable)? This has sort of been my experience. Hoping with each session that they come back less. I go for session 3 next week.
Yes, mine are starting to look really white again
Hi i have read your post about your stretch mark treatment with laser, I have the same problem as you. I'm from Norway, I have researched lot about laser treatment. Found this page in the end, it is much negative and few positive tings about this treatment on realself. I have however much stretch marks on my legs, but I wonder if the stretch marks sort of "comes back" after your normal skin color sets back. I read here that the are starting to get really whit again?Do they come back as they have been? Have some of your stretch marks disappeared completely? You look great? :) Hope to hear from you
Norwaygirl - I ended up setting up a review for my experience with having my stretch marks lasered. I think if you click on my user name in blue it will take you there. In the end, I experienced much success and am very happy that I did it. After 4 treatments mine came back with minimal depth, a better color and a better texture.
hey Jen :), I have seen your blog but I feel it is difficult to see before and after result as the images are not quite clear. In the pictures it seems like you only have 3 very very small strechmarks. Do you have any other pictures that are more clear, before and after? thank you for responding to my questions :)
Hey jane :) Do you think you could add some new before and after pictures in more light? The pictures on your profile is hard to see the pictures because they aren't that clear. Stretch Marks are not that noticeable in the dark or some times inn the house, but out in the sun light or in very bright light they often are very visible, I wonder do the stretch marks still shine in the light? hope to hear from you ;)
Wow, just seen the latest pictures you put up which are much clearer. The difference so far is incredible! Pleased it is working out for you and it has not even been that long really since you started, and the skin is likely to keep regenerating even after you have had your final treatment - by then they may be almost invisible! I did not expect results like this so quick :)
I didn't expect it either. I'm very happy with it!