46 Years Old and Tired of People Telling Me I Look Tired All the Time!

I am a healthy active person and eat well,...

I am a healthy active person and eat well, exercise and take care of myself, but I have become frustrated with being told I look tired all the time (which we all know we interpret as "you look terrible"). After a few years and much thought and research I decided to have Lower Lid Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty to my baggy lower eyelids. I am a bit nervous but am hoping for positive results!

Day after surgery

Today has gone pretty well. I only needed to take one pain pill yesterday and so far have just been a bit puffy and a little sore. I also have a bit of soreness in my hips where some fat was taken to transfer to my lower lid, cheek area. All in all it has not been too bad. I will continue to update as healing progresses.

Two days post op

Two days post surgery and the bruising has set in a bit more, still not too bad but more noticeable than yesterday. I started my lower lid exercises and have had very little seeping from either eye. My hips are pretty sore today, had a hard time sleeping last night because they are pretty tender. I have a follow up next week and will update then. I am pretty happy with things so far! Thank you for the kind words and encouragement!

5 days out

Had my second follow up with the doc today. All is healing well, still some bruising but I actually put on makeup for the first time and it doesn't show too much. So far so good!

5 days post op

A little makeup today

Trying again to post photo

Couldn't seem to get the last photo to post...healing well

Back to work

I put on some makeup and headed back to work today, still puffy in the cheeks which does not show as much in pictures, but it gets better each day.

Ten days down!

Yesterday marked the ten day point since my surgery, I feel great, swelling has almost totally subsided and bruising is minimal. I have taken great care to be careful and not over do any activity and for me it has paid off. This was so worth the results!

Two and a half months out

I am very happy I had this done. My son got married in May and it was so nice to show up bag free! I haven't kept much of thefts transferred, but I am pretty active and knew that might happen. Overall I am very pleased.
Dr. T. Hubbard

OMG you look so fresh...
You look incredible! Thanks for sharing :)
You look fantastic! Thank you for sharing. I'm going for same procedure on 7 July. Getting nervous but also excited. I'm 45 and sick of people saying I look tired! I'm a bit shy of uploading my pics thinking someone will recognise me. Did you tell many people you were having out done? What was there reaction?
I did not tell many folks, and honestly no one thinks I had anything done! I am very active so I have not kept much of the fat around the eyes, but it still looks south better than before. I am posting an updated photo after two and a half months. Good luck !!! I feel it is so worth it.
Thanks for your reply. X I'm getting very positive feedback and support through this site. It's great. :)
@Sleepee I wish I could see your before Pix.. Just to figure out what to do myself I have wrinkles (i guess crepey skin) not sure if its fat and also loose skin on the upper lid too.. I hear you and @junebug68 speak about fat transfer to the cheek area how do you know that's whay you need?? I was looking @ myself this am and I'm starting to see an indent so I'm wondering if this is what peeps refer to as hollows?? Please advise any information is helpful..
OMG You look so great!!! Congrats congrats
Wow you look wonderful! They did the surgery on the inside of your lid? Did they re-position fat?
The surgery was on the inner lower lid, and I did have fat transfer as well. I am not super happy with the way my cheeks look but I know it takes time for the swelling to diminish. It doesn't show as much in pictures but I. person it is still pretty puffy. Patience! I came to work today even though I still have some bruises and chubby cheeks.
I had chipmunk cheeks too. I know what you are feeling, but believe me the swelling will eventually go away. You look wonderful. Welcome to the No More Bags Club! ❤️
I want to join the club! :)
I am having my surgery in the morning. Like you I'm healthy and I look young until you see my under eyes. I took pics this weekend with friends and my under eye bags looked horrid. My heart dropped :-( I finally decided to have the surgery my doctor had an opening tomorrow morning. I have known him for years he inserted and removed my implants. He did an excellent job I was just getting a lot of neck and shoulder pain and after trying different things I decided to remove them...I miss them a little but I feel lighter. Anyways you did so well. I'm just having the fat cut out with conservation. I am nervous...you always think what if...what if, but when I look in the mirror I know this is a good decision. My surgery is in nine hours. Praying for a restful night and successful surgery.
It can be frightening when you know it is your eyes! I am sure it will be worth it in the long run :) Hoping all goes well and please keep us posted.
Thank you. I'm super swollen right now. I can't wait to see the outcome.
Cant wait to hear more good luck
You look great. I would love to see more pics. I can't believe how little bruising you have. Did you take anything special to keep the bruising down, or are you just one of the fortunate ones?
Thank you!! Zoo am definitely glad I went through with the surgery. I was so afraid for do long. I used a little arnica gel and made sure I did not bend over forward at all. I also drank tart cherry juice as a natural anti inflammatory. Tried to post a picture today but for some reason it's not showing, will try again.
You look great after only 1 day after surgey! It will get better and better. You will be so glad you did it. It is amazing that you didn't swell or bruise too much. Would love to see some pics a few weeks down the track too. Fab result!
Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf. I agree with everyone, you look amazing already!  I can absolutely relate to how you felt before getting the surgery and having everyone tell you how tired you look- so annoying!  Keep us posted on your healing progress :)
One day out? You look great! You can already tell that you will have a fantastic result!
Thank you! I sure hoping for it. Took me so long to work up the nerve to go through with the procedure. I do think it is going to be worth it in the long run... and wow... you look great!
Thank you! I am now two months post op. I am very happy to be free of my bags... You will be too. You look so beautiful... And it will only get better. :)
Omg look @ you how great!!! You're already very beautiful but look @ you FANTASTIC!!! How Awesome!! Can't wait to hear about your progess!! Congrats!!
Thank you! hoping for the best as the healing progresses.
Wow you look good for the day after!