Looking for a Doc to Take These Silicone Implants OUT!

I have had small silicone implants for 5 years. I...

I have had small silicone implants for 5 years. I continue to develop capsular contracture. The first time it was the right side, then it was the left side. It is worsening and continues to be firm and not as natural looking as I would like. I would like to just be small-breasted again.
I think that this site is SO very helpful to those that are unsure about procedures--especially one like implant removal which is sort of taboo to most plastic surgeons. I have some consults this week and will keep you all posted on the doctor that I choose!

Pics

Here is a pic

Consults

I have a couple consults scheduled this week. I'm hoping to find the right doctor soon

I FOUND A DOCTOR!

After visiting several doctors in Arizona, I finally met the right one. Dr. Meger listened, did not insist upon exchanging the implants, and gave what I think is a fair price for the procedure. I will be scheduling the explantation very soon. Also, I preferred to have only local sedation, and he said that he would accomodate me even though this procedure usually is done under twilight sedation. FINALLY A SURGEON WHO DOES NOT PUSH HIS OPINIONS ON HIS PATIENTS!!!

I have a date!!!

My explant is scheduled for 3/17/14...dr. Meger's office called me due to a cancellation. I am good to go, local only since I opted to forego anesthesia. I AM READY!!!

They are out!!!!!! Woo hoo!

Today was my surgery. I had local only, the entire procedure took only 40 minutes or so. Dr. Meger used local numbing, waited a bit, then took out these silicone sacs!!! He also revised a scar I had from the breast augmentation. I think I will have an issue with the scar under the right breast, but I do not care. It had begun retracting inward for the past few months. It may have to do with the capsular contracture. ANYWAY......I am the proud new owner of natural breasts!!!

Advice on Firming Product....CREME DE LA MER WORKS MIRACLES!!!

hi, i want to share some incredible products to use before and after the explantation. la mer can be purchased at high-end retailers like neiman marcus, nordstrom's, etc. yes it cost A LOT, but, this is your only set of boobs. i got the lifting contour serum which i put on the entire breast area including the decollete (chest). then i put the la mer firming body cream over that. Try to apply these products twice a day. once my incisions heal i will massaging the original thick creme de la mer cream on them twice daily. you will probably be super impressed with the texture and firmness of your skin after using these products. AMAZING STUFF!! i know that some people us cocoa butter and stuff like that, but the truth is that it does not get better than la mer. good luck ladies!!! you can probably start with a couple samples first; sometimes you really do get what you pay for :) i will continue to post pics of my boobies for all of you as time goes on.

Three week pics

Awesome staff

I had a follow up appointment today. I feel like one of the family at Dr. Meger's office, they are so friendly!

One month later!!!

Everything continues to improve I am very pleased with my results and I love the way I look in and out of clothes!

2 months after

I am still completely thrilled with my boobies :)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

I found Dr. G. Robert Meger and was immediately reassured that I had made the right decision by choosing him. I walked into the office and was greeted in a very friendly way I was made to feel very comfortable. the nurse was super informative when it came to the procedural aspects of the surgery. Dr. Meger finally made his way into the exam room and never tried to convince me to put implants back in. He was very upfront that I would have no upper pole fullness and that's fine with me. Originally they were pretty booked out and I would not have been able to get my procedure for several months but they did call me a week later or so and let me know that a cancellation happened and I would be able to do it on March 6. Well that's all she wrote I signed up and I've never looked back! Apparently he does a lot of face work a lot of breasts and a lot of tummy tucks, lipo and stuff like that. The most important thing is that he is a board-certified plastic surgeon, there are so many doctors out there doing these procedures who are not qualified to do so.

You look so great girl! Thanks so much for sharing!! Love reading all these positive outcomes!! :)
You look great! Your post explant pics are a million times better than pre. No wonder you are thrilled! Thanks for sharing.
I appreciate that. This site is so helpful!
I don't know why you wouldn't be thrilled, as they look fabulous! You look really great. Thank you so much for sharing.
I am happy to share my journey! Thank you :)
You look awesome Hun what a nice result congrats xx
Thank you so much for that it has been a long journey I am happy to be done with it!
I'm not surprised you are thrilled with your results! You obviously work out - do you think that helped tighten the skin?
I'm sure it didn't hurt, but your skin quality has a lot to do with healing :)
wow you dont look much different without them... in fact better without them :))
Thank you! I'm thrilled without them :)
:))))
You look great. So he left the capsules in there? Now I'm going over all the reviews to see if I can tell a difference in the ones who had the capsules removed and the ones who didn't.
The capsules usually only get removed when there is a severe capsular contracture, otherwise it is safer to leave them
Wow! They look great!! Tomorrow is the big day for me.. I can't wait.
best of luck to you!!!! take it really easy after :)
Good Luck MissZ, please let us know how the surgery goes, well be sending good thoughts your way!
Hi there :) and thank you! It went good, glad to be finally implant free! I'm feeling fine, just a tad sore on my right boob ( I had grade 3 cc) other than that I'm ok! Hopefully tomorrow I will get to see how they look post op.
I'm so happy to hear it went well today. Did you have a local? Also what type of compression did you go home with? I can't find your profile story on here, just questions that you have asked, did you do a profile? I still navigating around this site and learning! Happy healing:)
Lovely results, and can only get better! :)
Thank you, that's the truth!
Did they give you any tips to stop the scar tissue sticking together inside?x
No just compression for several weeks after
Hello Ilovenatural! thank you for sharing your story! You look perfect!!! I have my explant in 1 week, so excited to be back to my natural self and tops fitting me better! What did you use for compression, and how long did you wear it? How was the surgery with just a local? That is what I'm having as well. Have many people noticed/said anything?
I was compressed with an ace bandage for 48 hours. I would basically double up my sports bras every day after that, I still continue to keep them pretty tight because it just feels good. I really like just having local because I don't want all that anesthesia in my system if I can help it. I'm not shy about it but I don't just come out and tell all people, and yes I've gotten several comments like "have you lost weight?" Keep in mind I'm a pretty small girl, 118 lbs, and people still think I lost weight because I got the implants out. I LOVE THEM NOW!!! I am happy for you and will send thoughts and prayers to you.