Was Hoping for a Full Plump Upper Lip - Universal City, TX

I simply wanted an upper lip. I had a full vile if...

I simply wanted an upper lip. I had a full vile if juvederm injected in 2 appointments. It's been 2 1/2 weeks- I'm very lumpy on the underside of my upper lip. I can't see much if a change. The "block" worked great the first visit - no pain at all during procedure. The 2nd visit was a bust. The block shot numbed from under my eyes to my nose. My lip was NOT numb. The first injection of that visit was felt-- wowswers. I just don't think this is meant for me.

I simply wanted to have an upper lip.

Before any Juvederm in my upper lip
I think I can see a difference between your most recent pic and your before pic, but the angles are different so it is hard to really tell.  It is subtle.  I'm not sure I would notice the unevenness had you not pointed it out- at least not in person (versus a zoomed pic).

Did you ask your doctor about the lumpiness and if it will go away?

I'm sorry you are having lackluster results, that is disappointing (especially for the money spent).  Let us know if you start to like them better or if you don't think it was worth it.
Jill~ I called and spoke to his nurse about 3 days after first injection. She assured me te lumps would go away. When I was at visit for 2nd injection (rest of vile) The doctor thought the 2nd injection works smooth things out. I am very happy for the ones that ave had great results. :) IF (huge if) I get this done again I will try another dr/injector. My results are so very subtle in my upper lip yet all the "skin" above my upper lip (under nose) is very thick now. I so wanted a lip....now I look like The Joker from the old old Batman shows.
Awww you don't look like the Joker at all.

I simply wanted to have an upper lip

Picture from tonight. The upper lip is barely bigger hurt above my lip- where a mustache would be- it's very hard & swollen/big. Guess my entire vile went into my "mustache" area?
Im sorry but it sounds like it was injected above ur lip.....and he didnt have a clue as to what he was doing....cos if u have filler way above ur lip it doesnt usually migrate that far up..and it sounds like he overfilled that area and thats why its not in ur lips anywhere....cos it was injected all above ur lip....and if there was any in ur lip there wasnt enough to show a difference..cos juvederm collects water when its injected,,and that why all the swelling..but u need to go back to him and complain and tell him u want ur money back...too many times people dont go back to that person and tell them that ur not happy...and so they get away with ripping more people off for something they have no business in doing....good luck to u..and i hope u take my advice about going back to him...
how experienced the doctor is will indicate how things will go. If they don't really know what they are doing it goes all wrong. I've had the same procedure by different doctors with totally different results. Good luck.
Sorry you are unhappy with your results . I too had this problem with juvederm . loved it in the beginning then noticed assymetry developing in the right side of my lip which sags when I talk and smile. There is also filler above my lip on the right which somehow migrated upwards. I am several months out now and am still dealing with this unhappy result waiting for it to go away. Blahhhh ! I'm nervous to get the enzyme to take it down BC it may be assymetrical again after . then I would have to purchase more juvederm and reinject which is sooo scary. Until then I'm just trying to own it and use lipatick to disguise the right side. Its almost like the lip line on the right is artificial BC it's not my lip color but is puffy like it should be my lip. If that makes sense ? I hope your symptoms calm for you. But you really don't look bad :)
Dr. Mark Naylor

He's a dermatologist- expert injector.