Lowe Eyelid Surgery...to Do or Not to Do...

I am looking into having lower eye lid surgery - I...

I am looking into having lower eye lid surgery - I don't have $5,000 dollars to spend but I do want to go with someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to this surgery - it is my face and I can't go back once I have done this. Can fellow RS members who have had this surgery point me in the right direction? I am in the NY area - thank you very much for your help!
Unknown

make sure it is someone with a lot of experience. you do not want to go to someone who experiments on you. or has no sense of aesthetics as opposed to just medical knowledge . and many many reviews already. also,make sure what this persons policies are on aftercare and revisions if needed.just because a doctor has been to medical school and has all of the measurements and procedures down pat bookwise,it doesn't necessarily mean they know how to preserve your beauty. I learned this the hard way..... research well....
I've would have never imagined such pain could exist in this world on a daily basis - biggest mistake of my life. I go for the expensive lipiflow treatment tomorrow - all these problems brought on by a sloppy blepharoplasty at Strax Rejuvenation in 2010. My eyes have been measurably malpositioned since, and this has caused me unbearable pain and depression and fear of going blind. Not worth it ever.
Even if you go to someone with extensive experience, the surgery itself (the removal of the orbital fat pads) over time, is aging and will leave you with hollowed out, sunken eyes in their orbits. Most of the satisfied reviews on this site are from people who have had surgery fairly recent...look at a person who has had the surgery five-ten years ago...hollowed out eyes. Fat is what makes our faces look youthful, by removing the orbital fat, it instantly changes the contour of your eyes. My eyes were almond shaped & beautiful (people complimented me all the time) now they are rounded and hollow and sinking in their orbits. You can go to the best of the best of plastic surgeons but if the surgery itself is flawed & not aesthetically pleasing, you will never have a beautiful outcome.
i wouldnt have either, no wihave fuzzy vision and sensitive to bright lights lights in general, and the fuzzyness doesnt go away. its not cateracts i had that taken care of 3 yrs ago the eyelid surgury was june of this yr. does any one else have problems like this with eyelid surgury?
Don't do it, worst mistake of my life..years after you are left with hollowed out sunken eyes...the PS don't tell you this but by removing the fat pads the eyes sink back into their orbits & that causes you to look older, definitely not better or younger.... just weird looking. I went to a "top doctor" castle connely lister for over ten years, board certified, etc, etc..doesn't matter, the surgery is not aesthetically pleasing after a few years...look at Micheal Douglas, Janice Dickenson, Courtney Cox's eyes...yuck..wish someone had told me the honest long term ramifications of this surgery, I never would have done it.
Definitely would go to Dr. Prassad. Check him out on line. I think he knows his stuff. Please keep me posted. I'd really like to see him. I live in Ft. Lauderdale though. Best Wishes - jill
thank you - I just requested a consultation - his work looks very good!
Sorry that I cannot be helpful as not in your area however, I believe you can rely on the Real Self doctors' responses. Catherine, Toronto.

Good luck finding a surgeon that you are comfortable with.  Check this out for some tips and help:

9 Things I Wish I Knew Before Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty)

Keep us posted on your journey!