Smartxide Dot Fractional Resurfacing Review - United Kingdom

I am 38 with sun damaged skin. I had my first...

I am 38 with sun damaged skin. I had my first treatment 9 weeks ago. I wanted to get rid of mild acne scars, reduce pore size, even out tone if skin, reduce eyebags and under eye wrinkles (list not exhaustive haha). I used topical anaesthetic over an hour before the procedure.

First five minutes was ok but then the cream started to wear off and the pain was immense!!! After I was shaking like mad until I got home about an hour and half later. Strangely the pain subsided really quickly and I felt ok. Next day I was really swollen, pin point bleeding and oozing, this carried on until day 3. I was swollen for 6 days and red for about 14 days. I suffered terrible acne breakout especially on my chin, but the worst was the itching! Sleep deprivation was rife!

2nd treatment 5 days ago. (Scale 1-10 on aggression if treatment is 5) Recovery reduced no acne so far less itching, swelling only a day!  Live and learn

1 - only use Vaseline for the first 48 hours (causes acne breakouts) after that use e45 for 2 days then your regular
moisturiser

2 - take antivirals, antibiotics, strongest antihistamines you can get your hands on! (preferably the drowsy ones)

3- keep you skin clean!!! Use vinegar washes, apply creams with germ free hands, sleep on clean towels upright if possible. Keep hair off face.

4 - use anaesthetic cream exactly 45 mins before no longer no less!!! Very important and pat it on in a very thick layer!

5 - get a diamond dermabrasion treatment done exactly 2 weeks before procedure( this will help get rid of any underlying bacteria and clogged dead skin, this in return will prevent acne eruptions)

Finally be patient, I can still see some scarring but I am aware that I need thee treatments increasing in aggressiveness to tackle them. I have started to see that my skin is already getting plumper (not swelling) acne scars and wrinkles are slightly reduced but I know the best is yet to come! No pain, no downtime, no gain, don't believe the hype and have realistic expectations ;-)