Need Some Reassurance Please - United Kingdom

I had my eyebrows tattooed yesterday but they are...

I had my eyebrows tattooed yesterday but they are very dark and look odd against my hair colour. Can anyone reassure me that they will go lighter and look more natural and not look like two caterpillars on my face as they do at present.

I was bought up in the 70's when thin eyebrows were all the rage and since then I have always plucked my eyebrows and have never grown them back. I had them tattooed in 1997 and the lady that done them just done 2 thin lines but didn't give me any shape. I have put up with them ever since and have spent years penciling them in as the tattoos faded. However,I finally decided to have them tattooed again and have some shape addded as I realised that 2 thin lines looked silly and out of date, but am now wishing I hadn't gone through with it. I don't know if it is due to the fact I look so different, or if it is due to the fact the colour doesn't look right, all I know is that I never want to leave the house again!

My husband and my daughter tell me they look much better than when I used to pencil them in, and they are trying to reassure me they look fine, but I really don't believe them, I feel they are just trying to be kind to me as they know this is stressing me out. I want to scream everytime I look in the mirror and wish I could turn back the clock.

I have taken a week off work hoping they will settle down, and even though it is early days and the lady that done them reassured me they would go 30% lighter after 7 days I am already starting to wish I had not had them done as they look so false.

I am due to go back next month for a top up, but at the moment I wish I could reverse the process!

Is there anyone out there that felt the same way as me, and if so did it get any better after a week once it had healed?

Your answers would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!

Hi Britt, I'm new here but would love to upload some pictures but don't know how to. I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. I appreciate any help.
Hi Britt,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, you are right. After the third day the scabs fell off and hey presto they were much lighter and looked so much better. Luckily it was hot during those 3 days and I was able to go out in a pair of large sun glasses!

Now they look great, and I wish I had had them done slightly darker, and wish I had had them done a long time ago. It's so much easier than using a pencil and looks more natural.

I am due to go back on the 21st May so now I know what to expect I will have them done a little darker and hide away for 3-4 days until the scabs fall off.

I hope this helps anyone who reads this as it was quite worrying knowing this is permanent, but give it time and everything will be fine in the end.

I will get my husband to take some photos so I can post them on here for everyone to see.

Thanks again for your reply.

Jbee

No problem jbee,

I'm so glad everything worked out. Sometimes it just takes a little reassurance and some time ;) Let us know how your next appointment goes and yes we would love to see pictures.

-Britt

Doctor was very good, patient and experienced.