Need Some Reassurance Please - United Kingdom

I had my eyebrows tattooed yesterday but they are...

I had my eyebrows tattooed yesterday but they are very dark and look odd against my hair colour. Can anyone reassure me that they will go lighter and look more natural and not look like two caterpillars on my face as they do at present.

I was bought up in the 70's when thin eyebrows were all the rage and since then I have always plucked my eyebrows and have never grown them back. I had them tattooed in 1997 and the lady that done them just done 2 thin lines but didn't give me any shape. I have put up with them ever since and have spent years penciling them in as the tattoos faded. However,I finally decided to have them tattooed again and have some shape addded as I realised that 2 thin lines looked silly and out of date, but am now wishing I hadn't gone through with it. I don't know if it is due to the fact I look so different, or if it is due to the fact the colour doesn't look right, all I know is that I never want to leave the house again!

My husband and my daughter tell me they look much better than when I used to pencil them in, and they are trying to reassure me they look fine, but I really don't believe them, I feel they are just trying to be kind to me as they know this is stressing me out. I want to scream everytime I look in the mirror and wish I could turn back the clock.

I have taken a week off work hoping they will settle down, and even though it is early days and the lady that done them reassured me they would go 30% lighter after 7 days I am already starting to wish I had not had them done as they look so false.

I am due to go back next month for a top up, but at the moment I wish I could reverse the process!

Is there anyone out there that felt the same way as me, and if so did it get any better after a week once it had healed?

Your answers would be most appreciated.

Many thanks!

Doctor was very good, patient and experienced.