Lap Band October 2012 - Birmingham, UK

I had my lap band on the 2/10/12 at the dolan park...

I had my lap band on the 2/10/12 at the dolan park hospital, bromsgrove birmingham . i was at the point in my life that dieting just wasnt for me any more after so many years of yoyo dieting i desided surgery was my only option.

Since having it done ive lost 12lbs im due my first band fill in 2weeks it has changed my life but the weight loss has slowed down probebly as im due my band fill ive no regrets just looking forward to getting to my goal weight.

hiya do you still have burping problems and gas wind in stomach?

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us. Congratulations on your surgery and your weight loss so far! You must be excited to have your first fill!

If you don't mind sharing, how much weight do you need to lose to get to your goal weight?

Please do keep us updated with your progress!

Ive another 3 stone to loose to get to 9stone 12 but if possible id love to be 9stone
The Hospital Group

my reason for this rating is that my consultation with paula leaddy was a disaster. it lasted the whole of 8 min i wasnt even able to ask any questions which wen i went in for my lap band i didnt no wat to expect. Dr halstead my consultant soon put me at ease tho and explained the procedure and how it would be done and what results to expect from having the lap band, my only concern is the after care isnt up to much i heard from my after care nurse for 2 days after and its now 5 weeks after having the procedure and havnt heard from anyone except an email giving me my first band fill date. I expected the after care to be better than ive recieved for the amount of money i payed for the procedure and they advertise the aftercare as being so good and are always on hand should you have any questions or concerns i dont feel this is true.