One Year After my Chin Liposuction - United Kingdom, GB

Hey guys, I wanted to share my experience with...

Hey guys,

I wanted to share my experience with chin liposuction. I was nineteen when I had the operation last year. Some would say that's too young, but my chin was ruining my confidence! I can say 100% it's one of the best things I've ever done. I had put on so much weight in the previous two years, and I really needed something to kickstart my weight loss, and help me get my confidence back.

I went to the clinic three hours before the procedure to take the appropriate meds, I had my own little room to relax and watch TV.

The operation was extremely uncomfortable, but not painful. It probably lasted about 40 minutes to an hour, I was awake for the whole operation and responsive but had plenty of drugs in my system so it was all a bit of a blur. Three small incisions were made in my chin and one in my neck.

I was completely exhausted after the operation and after taking so many drugs for pain relief, etc. I walked myself out of the operation room into my temporary bedroom and had a nap for an hour or so. I woke up and felt very numb and swollen, my face was all squashed up in a brace. About an hour later the brace was removed and my chin was bandaged up. At this point, I felt pretty good and almost back to normal. The pain relief was still working too. I left and went to starbucks, got a few weird looks with the huge bandages hanging off my face!

In the following days it was a little bit sore but not too uncomfortable, when I took the bandages off my skin was stretchy, but it firmed up within about four days. I returned to a busy schedule within two days, and had a long haul flight a week later, having the operation pretty much had no effect on my day to day life. The affects reversed and my chin was very swollen for about a month or two but eventually it went back down, and also the cuts healed within two months and there's no visible scaring now. I'd say you probably need to wait six months until you see the final result of the liposuction, but it should look really good within 2-3 months.

I hope this has been helpful for you, this is the kind of information I was looking for before I got the operation. I am really happy I went ahead with it. My health has improved massively too, lost over three stone since got my confidence back!

Good luck!

Huge difference!

The one on the left is me now, and the one on the right is me about 4 months before the operation!

A better picture from the side

I can't really find many before pictures, mainly because I tried my best to conceal my double chin in pictures. Here is a recent picture though. I feel like I'm starting to look like I did when I was a teen, before the weight gain. (I'm only 21 but I looked considerably older before the op.)
Dr Harryono Judodihardjo

Amazing! I am two months out and feeling sort of discouraged. Hoping for some positive progress soon. Did you have loose skin?? I do, and I'm terrified it won't retract! I'm so self conscious and scared right now, but hoping for the best.
Thanks for sharing! I got mine done about a month ago and still feeling "iffy" about my results, I can still see my double chin but I also feel lumps so I'm hoping in another month it'll shrink up more because I really don't like having a double chin still lol
You look great!
You look fantastic!!! Congratulations!
? Where did u go ? How much cost
I had it done in Cardiff, or cost £2,500 :)
Thanks for sharing.  Sounds like this procedure really was the kickstarter to a healthier lifestyle, congrats!  How long did you experience swelling post-op?
Thanks! Well it swelled up after about three days and the swelling gradually went down in about three months but I didn't see the final result for about six months, it's looking nice now, I'm going to upload a picture of the difference it's made to my jawline now actually so you can see properly :)
Oh it's also worth noting that even when swollen it looked a lot better than before!
That is great!