Picosure Removal on my Arm! - United Kingdom, GB

Hi, where to start lol! I've got a fully finished...

Hi, where to start lol! I've got a fully finished sleeve tattoo down my arm only problem is the lower part (about 75% of my forearm) was done by another artist as my the original artist had moved on, I rushed in and got it finished as quickly as possible by this new artist, within days I could see the difference in the colour of ink and the outlines and immediately hated it. I know I've only got myself to blame but I made my feelings known to the artist more because I trusted him that he could match his ink with what was already there (I did ask). Anyways to cut a long story short I decided more or less straight away to get it lasered off, having done plenty research online I thought best option is to go with the picosure as I've heard so much good about it. More costly maybe but it was more about the time it would have taken with the other lasers. I need my confidence back and hopefully the picosure can do that! Unfortunately I haven't got a pic of the tat before the treatment but here's a couple of ones 4 days after my 1st session at trueskin medispa. A lot of swelling and blisters but surprisingly not much pain. Sorry there not great pics!

2nd treatment!

Been a few weeks since my 2nd treatment so time for an update!
The pain wasn't as bad this time, still sore enough for my liking but hopefully from now on the less ink the less pain. Hope it works out that way.
Didn't suffer as many blisters this time and there weren't half as big as last time, swelling went down in 4/5 days and apart from one or two dense areas the scabs didn't last long either. All in all I think my skin copes really well with the laser and heals in no time at all.
All the shading has been completely blasted, well almost there's a few areas round my wrist that are gonna take many more sessions. The areas where the shading was is now pink or a lightish brown, as worried as I am the now I've got to remember I'm getting a cover up to complete my sleeve.
What's been bothering me is the outlines, some are so light you can barely see them yet centimetres away there are lines that look like they haven't been touched yet. I understand it could be more the inconsistency of the tattoo artist while doing the outline. Some lines being deeper than others.
If you have a look at my 3rd pic you can see the difference in the outlines. It's hard to see on my pics as I'm not the best at taking them sorry.

Original pic

Sorry for another update but I found a pic of my tattoo before any treatment, sorry it ain't great but it's of my phone, I know because of the lack of quality in my pics you struggle to see what difference my arm is after 2 treatments but believe I'm amazed at the results so far.
I also ordered a cover up sleeve for my arm, which I wear almost all the time, it feels so comfortable and sometimes I forget I have it on, gives me some confidence as I'm struggling with that issue at the minute.

Hope you all had a great christmas and New Years, despite all this bother I'm going through mines was good, I became an uncle and I think by the times my little niece celebrates her 1st birthday all this will be a distant memory for me!

Picosure on scarring

Quick update just to say that I originally had a 2 inch scar on my arm from when I was a child which was tattooed over. Having had 2 treatments the shading which covered the scar has completely faded and believe it or not the scar is barely noticeable. How and why I don't know. Maybe it's because there's still a bit of redness there but time will tell. It doesn't really make much difference in my case as I'm getting it recovered in time but I thought I would share the news as It may give hope to those worrying about scarring!
Trueskin Medispa

Your results are encouraging, has the redness subsided?
Hi Eva, yeah the redness is going away on certain parts, I find lower down my arm is where it's at it's worst. But like with everything it's just going to take time.
Good to hear the redness is going away, I am sure it will calm on the lower arm... like you said - just takes time.

Remember to drink lots of water to flush out the ink and healthy food to keep that immune system strong.
That would be because of less blood being able to get there. My feet were the same way.
Hey, you mentioned you decided right away to get your tattoo lasered off. Just wondering how long you had to wait to start the process and if you feel you had more difficulty in removing it considering it was fresh, as I'm in a similar situation. Thanks for sharing and good luck! Looks like you're getting great results.
Hi, yeah I decided straight away to laser it but it was about 3 months before I got round to having my 1st session. You're best waiting till the tattoo is fully healed which is usually anything over 6 weeks or so, otherwise I've been told you'll have more chance of scarring. Obviously the older the tattoo the easier it's going to be to fade as tattoos fade on there own over a long time, but I'm having good results after 2 sessions, I think a bigger factor on how well it's going to fade is the depth of the ink rather than how new the ink is. Hope this helps. Good luck if you go through with lasering.
Looked really good mate. I'm having the "pink" problems as well. So much so that my second session had to be cancelled as the skin was still too pink. And that was after waiting 8 weeks from the first treatment! It seems when I get hot/during excersice the arm turns really pink. The rest of the time it's find. Is that similar to yours?
That's interesting about the pink mate. How long have thy postponed for? It sounds like your in safe, sensible hands, which is good.
Another 8 weeks as I'm on holiday for a week next month. Very frustrating but I appreciated they're playing it safe. It feels fine but gets really pink sometimes. I have no idea why?
Ahh man, I can imagine that's frustrating, but it's absolutely for the best. In the mean time your body will still be working at the ink, no doubt it'll fade more, so don't think of it as wasted time, quite the contrary. Are you putting anything on the skin each day that could be perpetuating the redness? I imagine your body's repair system is still flared up and it's still sending lots of blood to the area, giving it the pinkish look.
Yeah the pink areas gets worse during exercise or if I take a shower. But it's getting better over time, when the skin is exposed to the heat from the laser it's going to take quite a bit time to heal.
No not putting anything on the skin. The technician said to try bepanthol (sp?) so I've been putting that on before bed. Before that it was only alloa Vera while it was healing. It's just frustrating as it prolongs an already very long process! Hey ho
Cheers that puts my mind at rest. Where did you get your forearm cover from?
I got the cover sleeve off amazon. A company called tatjacket from the US. Well worth purchasing.
Yeh I ordered one yesterday from there but thought you may know somewhere in the UK. How long did it take to arrive?
Also which one did you get as it seems the 8 inch forearm one isn't that big. The picture only seems to go half way up the forearm
I took about 2 weeks or so. Yeah mines is the 8 inch one, I could of done with at least another inch but it covers most of my forearm.
Hey, how much you paid for your picosure treatment? I'm considering to get 5 of my tattoos with picosure.
Wow, gotta admit that's really impressive for only two sessions! Looks like a huge amount has gone. Are you lining up another? Or do you think after a few weeks of fading that it might be light enough to cover?
Thanks! The problem is I want my cover up to look similar to whats already on my upper arm in terms of colour and shading, and it's pretty light so I will defo need more sessions. I know it's hard to predict how and when but I was thinking I would need 4 sessions minimum before I starting talking to the artist about covering it. I'm not going to rush into anything and however many session are needed before it's ok to get started I'm probably not going to start covering it until June/July time.
Hello mate, how's the arm looking? I noticed before you mentioned about some lingering redness, and I can see you've posted a question which looks very similar to the situation I was / am in. How would you describe the colour? Has it almost turned a light brown? Pop up an update soon, if you can.
Hi mate, I had my 2nd treatment few weeks back so I'll take some pics and get it posted later tonight. As for the colour yeah it's light brown round my wrists but further up my arm it's more of a pinkish colour. I'll tell you more about it on my update later.
How's the blisters and the swelling mate? Mines pretty swollen and painful at the moment. Blisters popping all over the place
Hi mate, swelling went down after about 5/6 days and the blisters are going down too, think only one of them popped so was pretty lucky! My arm is all scabbed now but seems to be healing pretty well as it's just been over a week since the tx. Only thing I'm a bit worried about is the redness of my arm where all the light shaded ink was. How's your arm looking?
Yeh getting better now. Was pretty swollen and painful for the first couple of days. Finally it seems to have calmed down a bit and majority of the blisters have popped and gone away. I'm going to post an update on mine soon so won't high jack your thread but my shading seems to have completely gone, pretty impressive for only a few days. Has yours stopped swelling yet?