Open Rhinoplasty -United Kingdom, GB

Hello everyone! I broke my nose when I was a kid...

Hello everyone! I broke my nose when I was a kid by smashing my face off a pavement! I hated my nose ever since, it has been the source of a lot of my insecurity growing up and I was teased about it relentlessly by my peers, boyfriends, my family...everyone! I finally decided it was time to get my broken nose fixed and also to sort out the fact that I couldn't breathe properly from one nostril!

The procedure wasn't so bad, the whole experience was a little uncomfortable but it didn't last long! When I got my cast off, although I was SO SHOCKED to see a new nose on my face, I absolutely LOVED it and in the car on the way home I couldn't stop looking at it and cried tears of joy! I was so lucky that when I had my cast on I didn't have any bruising at all, it was strange...BUT twelve hours after I had the cast removed my nose started to swell and it has LITERALLY not STOPPED swelling since! :( I'm so disheartened, because my nose doesn't look how it did when the cast was removed. It now appears much less defined and although it doesn't have a bump anymore (which I'm thrilled about) it still looks much the same as it did before at the tip! Has anyone else experienced this? I was so thrilled when I had my cast removed initially, I just want that cute nose that fits my face back :(

Any advice anybody can give regarding CRAZY swelling, it would be so appreciated!
Regardless, I am still happy with it and happy I did it! My doctor was also
Your nose after cast removal does look great! Sorry the swelling has been rough, but that's not unusual. Here's what some doctors say about swelling after rhinoplasty.

Please keep us posted as you continue to heal!
thank you! and thanks for the link, was very reassuring! :)
Sorry yo hear about the swelling. Hopefully it will subside soon. Have you discussed the issue with your doctor?

Absolutely fabulous ent/plastic surgeon!