Lower Transconjunctival Procedure - United Kingdom, GB

Hi, had lower bags for years, every time walked...

Hi, had lower bags for years, every time walked passed a window/mirror all I could see were huge shadows beneath my eyes. Had a consultation with surgeon who was straight and to the point, told me I would still have my wrinkles and crows feet which was fine with me. The bruising (only slight) lasting 5 days. I didn't ice AT ALL on my surgeons advice, although was sceptical given all the Internet tips regarding recovery. I must admit, although fine on the outside, 12 days on and it is only now that i dont have discomfort on the inside of my lower eye. Had a GA and surgeon and hospital were fab, he delivered exactly what was promised (so far!)
You look great!
You look really good. Gosh, I wonder why he said no ice? Makes me wonder if it is not beneficial, and I would have been better off not doing it.

Thanks for sharing!  I also had a transconjunctival lower bleph- have you been doing saline rinses?  I found that helped a lot whenever my inner eyelids felt dry or irritated.

Welcome to the Community :)

16 days post

Hi, thanks for your comments. Oops tried to edit photo for a close up-didn't succeed, I will post some decent photos with the help of hubby! Still very pleased with how recovery went. I was using lucrilube for my eyes at night but have now stopped as my eyes seem fine. Have slight dark shadow which I cover with make-up and my lines are still there but surgeon said Botox would sort that out. Would not hesitate to have it done again.
Hi there, he said sometimes can make it worse, suppose if you maybe press too hard! If you healed ok and found it soothing then it was the right thing for you to do. I must admit I am quite lazy and it was nice not to get the ice compress out every 15 mins!
Hi there, no saline rinses, just lucrilube, that was all that was advised. They are fine now, it's amazing how quick recovery can be.

It really is amazing how fast you are back on your feet, so to speak, and able to go about life again.  Congrats on having an easy recovery!

London Plastic Surgeon