CO2 Laser Against Old Burns Scars - United Kingdom, GB

I had two CO2 laser treatments with Dr Tapan Patel...

I had two CO2 laser treatments with Dr Tapan Patel at Viva Clinic in London on my old facial burns scars (23 years old scars). I have really bad scars on my face and hands after gas explosion in childhood. After two treatments on my face the scars have become visibly flatter. Of course, the scars will not go away as a miracle the next day, thats why Dr Patel said that at least 4-5 treatments are necessary.

The benefits of the CO2 is that it is done under local anesthetic, and you recover quite fast -about 1-3 weeks. Last time it took 3 weeks, and this time its 1.5 week to recover for me.

What you should prepare for, is a bit of pain, which is tolerable. I was really afraid before the first treatment, because I didnt know what to expect. But now I know what to expect, and beauty requires sacrifice after all. After the treatment my face was all swollen, and looking not best of course. I was prescribed antibiotics, and antiviral medicine. The next day I washed my face already with antibacterial mild soap, and was putting lots of vaseline. As soon as my face was feeling hot, I was washing it as I was afraid of infection.
I am now very happy that my scars are getting flatter, and cant wait till the next treatment! i have a hope now.

Dr Tapan Patel, Viva Clinic