Worth All the Pain and Would Do It Again Tomorrow - United Kingdom, GB

I have always been a little on the large size,I...

I have always been a little on the large size,I went though my teens mostly unhappy and over weight, I didn't do the girls shopping thing as I hated anyone knowing what size I was, I always preferred shopping by myself as I was so big.

At about 15 I slimmed down to about a uk size14 and I felt normal, I got married at 19, had baby's at 20, 21 and 24 my babies were all beautiful and all good weights but I never really gave my body a chance to recover and I have suffered the consequences of three big babies ever since by horrible saggy belly has plagued me ever since and my weight continued to rise.

Three and a half years ago I weighed around 300lbs and my lovely boyfriend proposed to me and although I was over the moon I was scared of all the attention getting married would give me so I set about losing some weight, tow years ago we got married, I was around 185 lbs and felt comfortable and extremely happy, but the mahoosive overhanging belly was still there.

For two years I have continued to lose weight and I am now 84lbs lighter and feet great, but the belly has continued to haunt me, I exercise, have a healthy diet and lifestyle but it's still there.

Then one of my friends had cosmetic surgery to remove all her excess fat after losing weight, I was so impressed by her surgery and the difference it made to her body I started looking at a tummy tuck for me, although I had always dreamed of it I had never looked seriously at it untill then, my thoughts were -normal people don't have things like that, it's too expensive, to painful, too long a recovery, what would my family and friends think, all these things kept going through my mind as I considered it but then I decided.
This is about me not them, I work hard, earn a good wage and I need to do this for me.
My husband wasn't keen but knew how much I hated my body so when he said yes go for it I could have cried, this was in July

Soooooo
After checking out a few surgeons I decided to go with the one my friend had recommended and booked it for 21st August 2012 about a month.
I didn't do much planning for it as in the end I booked it so quickly, I didn't worry about it as I was so excited, I watched a tummy tuck operation on you tube so I knew exactly what was going to happen to me and I talked to my friend so I knew what the recovery was likely to be, im sure I drove my hubby mad in the few weeks waiting for the operation as I kept holing onto the flab and saying not for much longer baby :-)
On 21st Auguat I went into hospital for my long awaited tummy, still excited untill the point I was having the anaesthetic, by then it was too late.

When I woke I felt like I'd been hit by a bus but I didn't care, looking down at my tummy it was flat, I had a unattractive girdle on and two drains coming out of my pubic area and couldn't keep my eyes open but I didn't care I was happy.

I have made a few post on the forum about my recovery, I seem to be doing good, I am now 24 days PO (post op) and feel great, I have days when I'm tired and don't do much but I haven't regretted it for one minute, I have been clothes shopping and am currently obsessed with buying fitted clothes something I have never been able to do before, my scar is healing lovely and and although it is a big scar I am so please that the overhanging skin has finally gone I don't care about the scar. I have swelling and have truly been to swell hell on a couple of occasions, I haven't been able to sleep sometimes and couldn't walk far, drive or eat much - added bonus I suppose but it's still worth it for the end result.

I can't even contemplate how much of a difference doing this will make to my life as it has made a massive difference to me already even while I am still swollen.

What I wish I knew before hand :
How much of a difference this would make to me.
I never realised that during the operation they could tighten the muscles in your upper abdomen -added bonus that's given me a great shape.
I found out I had two large hernias, the surgeon kindly fixed these free of charge.
I can have the tummy I always wanted and deserved.
My only regret not doing this years ago.

10 weeks post op and I have to say it seems...

10 weeks post op and I have to say it seems longer, I had to get my calendar out to work out how many weeks it is, I feel great most of the time, I do still have a bit of swelling but it does come and go and is not constant, it is mainly in the vjj area and can be quite bad but it comes and goes and appears for no reason sometimes.
I am unfortunate in that when they did the TT I had a double hernia repair too, sadly one of them hasn't worked so I have a bulge on my left side which can be painful and will need a further operation to fix it. Due to this I haven't been back to the gym but I am going swimming for the first time tonight so hoping it will be ok.
I no longer wear my spanks and sleeping on my side and back isn't a problem and I have tried sleeping on my tummy but didn't like it, I think I was nervous of something - what I have no idea but I didn't stay on it for long and it's not a normal position for me anyway.
Hubby and I have resumed normal relations and all is good, I feel more sexy now so this has enhanced the good relationship we already had. I also appreciate the added comment from him and others about my new shape, and how good I look.
I have to add at this point that there is only one or two of my friends who know about the TTbut added with a large weight loss of around 80lbs over a few years I do look really different, the TT has just helped me finish my journey and correct the damage caused by having my babies all those years ago, I lost weight through good diet and exercise and plan to remain like this now for the long term, I never ever want to go back to the overweight, saggy, fat sad me, that used to hide in the corner and cry when I saw my picture.
I have always struggled with how I look and hated having my photo taken but I actually now have photographs that I keep looking at and thinking wow that's me I look great, which is a really amazing feeling.i recently went to a friends wedding, I had great fun finding an outfit and felt a million dollars in my little lovely dress with my pretty hat, clearly the effort paid off as everyone kept coming up to me and complementing me, the bride even hugged me on the day and told me I looked absolutely stunning (as did she) and then reminds me of this every time I see her.

10 weeks post op and I have to say it seems...

If your considering having a TT just do it, if I'd have imagined for one minute the difference it has made to my life I would have done it 10 years ago, I love my new body,my new found confidence and most of all my new wardrobe, the minor troubles along the way are all worth it for this wonderful feeling I now have.

What I wish I knew before hand - how much of a difference this makes to me and how I feel - go on just do it for YOU - YOU DESERVE IT YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE its not a rehearsal!

Hi today is 8/1/2013 I'm four months and about...

Hi today is 8/1/2013
I'm four months and about two weeks after my initial surgery, I have just returned home after more surgery, I had three, yes three large incisional hernias from my TT, I knew it was a big hernia but didn't realise I had three large ones. I took it really easy after my surgery and didn't return to work quickly so an really disappointed this happened as I now have to take more time to recover, I need to find out now if this is something the surgeon did wrong or does it just happen.

A year that changed my life forever

It's almost a year ago that I made the decision to have a TT I didn't do much planning or research, I had always hated my horrible saggy belly so when I discussed it with my hubby for the zillionth time and he said yes I didn't wait for him to change his mind, I found a surgeon that a friend had used and booked it, three weeks later I had the op, I had a few issues after surgery but nothing that made me think I hadn't made the right decision, I had to have further surery through my TT scar but even that's healed up lovely, I'm still numb on my belly but that's not a problem.
I haven't had one regret with the results they are amazing, I love my new body and love wearing tight fitting clothes, I love shopping for clothes and continued to lose weight until in may this year I reached my target weight at my slimming club too so all is good, I feel amazing, everyone tells me I look amazing, I so wish I had done it years ago, if you are lucky enough to be able to go for it don't hesitate.

You DO look amazing, congratulations. I'm sorry about your hernias, happy healing
You're looking awesome
You're looking awesome
Well said....I am 10 weeks too but have lots of swelling still but still love it!!!! You go girl!!!!
congrats dear,hope things went smoothly with you ,and safety healing ,could i know ur doc name ?
Dr Alan Park at the BMI Meridian Coventry