Full Face and Neck - United Kingdom, GB

I am 46 and had ultherapy - full face and neck -...

I am 46 and had ultherapy - full face and neck - in May. I had a very strong reaction to the treatment - swelling, welts, swollen lumps for up to 10 days after. Also one burn. It was also extremely painful and I generally have a high pain threshold. I have uploaded a photo so that others can see that this is not a no down time treatment for everyone. I had to teach two days after and my face was like a football - embarrassing!

Having said that, I have had good results. Many people have asked me what I've done although I haven't told people about the treatment. Good result on forehead with eyebrows raised, lessening of nasolabial lines, but the most noticeable thing is fuller cheeks and much improved skin tone. I started to notice the positive effects about a month after the treatment. I'm particularly happy about the fullness in my cheeks as I felt that I was starting to look drawn and a big haggard.

Downside is that I have two indented scars, one on my forehead and one on my neck. I haven't heard of anyone else who has had this side effect so it's obviously not common. I still think it was worth it despite this.