Inner Medial Thigh Lift - Scar Panic 3 months update

Ok so I decided to go and have my inner thigh lift...

Ok so I decided to go and have my inner thigh lift surgery after losing weight the gym just did not work and elastisity had gone.

I spent some time on searching the net for my consultant, i think its not the case of consultant, but I never found anything on the actual scars healing and what to expect on the results .

I am into my 7th day post op have taken the bandages of and am in a panic, I am a huge sufferer of keliod/hyper scaring, and really think there starting to go this way already. They are so thick,, I am already on stand by for silicone gel prescription, I asked to have thin nice lines inside my bikini crease as I model now and again,, I just feel butchered could this have been stiched any neater?? Can anybody help with experiences of there scars especially Medial thigh?? How it heals, what should the actual surgery result be like or am i just panicking for no reason and these will settle down to nothing

I am still awaiting come back from the surgeon, he...

I am still awaiting come back from the surgeon, he says he has never seen keloids/hyper in that area??
I have got to say I do feel quiet sick looking at them?? and im a strong surgery person.
I am now using high strength silicone gel and sheets religiously if theres anything else on the market please let me know....
P.s how quickly can I have a scar revision?? will it be under local??

So I'm now into my 3 months post op... And just...

So I'm now into my 3 months post op... And just thought I'd let you know how it's going with these scars !! I'm still treating them twice daily with silicone gel and wearing gel sheets 24-7 its time consuming but getting on with it ...ive also heard that lemon juice directly helps lighten so I'm giving that a go too. I've seen my surgeon who was quiet hesitant not to provide cortisone injections due to the fear of the scars opening up or keloid risk. He states that I can have I scar review in 1 yr.... This I'm not happy with as clearly these scars are not in the groin crease. He also explained the stitching is done in a special way due to common openings of the wound. I did find his in house manner and post op consultant quiet 'of hand'
I personally feel fobbed off and butchered. I personally spent time with him pre op saying please do nice scars and inside my bikini area. I now go to see him in June and will push for a review with no fees!! This should have been done correctly first time round. My advice to those thinking about this op is seriously please consider , this is no op for a young woman who likes the smaller side of bikini or underwear !! The results now the skin is getting softer in the inside thigh aint great either I haven't got the wow factor... In fact I wish is never had it done !!! I have put up some pics to you decide ....

Inner Medial Thigh Lift - 7 months post op

Ok as promised here are my 7 month results ....
I have uploaded my pictures and see for yourself if this surgery is worth it,,
I'm still using silicone scar gel daily, and wearing my lipo garment in the hope a miracle works,,and of course massage, I'm seeing my surgeon this week and do think I have will have a lot to say, my thigh lift as you will see is still rubbing together, the lipo very lumpy and my scars are not in my groin crease.....

Anybody had Endermologie treatment for lumpy lipo???

Can anybody advise me on this treatment,, I have lumpy lipo on the thighs and have been told by my surgeon to try this treatment over massage,, is it worth it or should I await a few more months to have a thin cannula lipo remove it??

Outcome post op 7 months - Do I get a second opinion ???

I've seen my surgeon and will need the lift redoing with scar revision,, I'm very depressed about this, and so wished I'd left myself alone first time round as I'm always in trousers and hide myself away totally the opposite from what I was expecting after surgery The healing time is such a long time to go through again,,, should I really get a second opinion or seek legal advice?? I'm just so confused

9 months lipo result

Here's my lipo result ... 9 months on,,, not for the faint hearted !!!!
Private Consultant

I have had previous surgery with the Dr and hes a great doctor, its not a case of my results as I know theres swelling there plus maximum lipo

Hi guys I just had this done next to know pain a little burning scaring is red and lumpy but I've been told that's expected I'm 2 weeks post op didn't have any drainage tubes and finding that in my right leg I keep leaking fluid nurses and doc say its fine that it's swelling fluid but I just want it to stop it's only when I'm up and about too much have any of you had this problem and how long did it last
Hi I just had a combination arm lift and thigh lift at the same time (Dec 04, 2013). My arms are healing well so the doctor removed my stitches at 12 days. My thighs are slower he was able to remove stitches at the front bikini line and a few in the groin but he said I need to leave the overs until week 4 for removal. I guess he did not use the dissolving kind. I have lots of stinging and burning especially in the groin. It looks like a few of the stitches have broke loose and there is oozing. The rest of the area is pretty dry. I hope I don't go through what you are explaining. Luckly, my legs don't rub but they did not rub before the surgery either. The stitches are pokey and bother me a little. Stiffness is light and I am able to walk fine slowly. Sitting is not too comfortable after awhile. I actually have been pretty active beginning at about one week. Hope you see improvement soon.
Missmoneypenny, so sad for you and for me. I am 3 months post op thigh lift in groin. My scars have flattenend and healed and still very red. My inner thighs still rub when I walk too. i spent ALOT of $$$ and I just don't think this is what I expected in my mind when I had this done. iI thought my legs would be flat at the top but instead I have a smaller fat roll there. I know my PS will say I have to redo for the result I want but I am NOT willing to go through all that again. I am keeping my fingers crossed and praying that because there is still tenderness and numbness there hopefully its swelling. What do you think? do you know how long it takes for the swelling to COMPLETELY be gone? I put a picture on another post. My legs look like yours - actually - yours look better!
Well sorry to hear yours hasn't worked out, I went to see my PS and the thigh lift, scars and lipo will need to be redone !! I've booked again in March , but it's like you say I've put myself on hold for 9months and have gotto do this all over again !! I'm praying this works this time round but for those wanting this surgery please rethink ,,,,,, it's not as simple as a breast enhancement,,, .
I go back in January, so I guess I'll have to wait and see. Never thought I'd have to go through this twice. Its definitely not for lightwieghts that's for sure! wishing you good luck for your second go round!
I think this will be a very long discussion lol as the never ending thigh lift !!! Can definitely agree its hardcore surgery for zero results and round 2 here I come,,, at least I give my PS the thumbs up for agreeing its not gone right, he could have fobbed me off and the good news is it will b a local anesthesia ,, I think for me I'm dreading that horrible stiching technique and really desperately want my lumpy lipo smoothed out !! Fingers very much crossed!!!!!
Missmoneypenny, I am so swollen that I can't see any results either. i Keep praying that im not going through all this for nothing. My legs still rub when I walk. Its been 3 weeks since my surgery. the most bothersome thing at this point is the scar on the left side. It is raised and puckered and meaty looking and when I walk, it rubs and get irritated. Have you had any problem like?this
What surgery did you have ?? Just medial thigh lift??lipo ?? Are the scars rubbing in the groin crease? ? Where's the swelling ??
I had medial thigh lift with groin incision and lipo. The scars are rubbing in the groin crease, but only on the left side. It is more raised and swollen for some reason on that side. The swelling is almost all in my thighs, but the scar on the left side is swollen also. On the right is a thin straight flat line.
I had a medial thigh lift, lipo on flanks and inner thighs and fatt grafting to buttocks. My left leg and back are very tender from the aggressive lipo. My scar on the left is taking longer to heal. The left side is also stinging and burning like crazy it feels weird and it hurts. Pain meds don't realky hekp with the stinging and burning sensation. I am not satisfied with the incisions from behind they are ugly and uneven.
may i suggest to you endermology? i have had 3 treatments so far and it really does help with the swelling and the redistribution of the tissue. it helps to take away the lumps and bumps and the cellulite too. i have 2-4 more treatments to do. sorry about the pain and burning. maybe cortisone cream can help with that? im not sure. i still have percoset and i take it at night. i just want the scars to lay flat so i can wear underwear again. i been commando for almost a month now...uugh
The swelling will take a upto 2 months or more to settle down wear your garment and get yourself betadine anti bacterial liquid and use this 2-3 daily with gauzes placed on the top with tape to stop the rubbing directly,,I don't want to alarm you but as u can see I did everything possible with my scars day in day out and I got 2 labia infections which was extremely painful ,,, so please keep this areas as clean as u can,, no matter how clean u are the bugs still get in.. Don't try and rush around , slow down with your lifestyle a little to help and lots of water ,,, when brushing has gone completely u can start massaging , results my surgeon says upto a year ??? Not sure to believe him as others say different but they are the ones that performed the surgery ! ,
Have a look at my reply above ,, this should help you out...
Try not to wear normal knickers that lay in the groin I found that French knicker style was perfect ,, also the silicone scar pads was another barrier from rubbing ,, I still today find my scars delicate and have to b careful which underwear but my scars are not in the crease !
Is that a cosmetic procedure?
What are french knickers where do I get those from. I have a spanx type of garment and I thought it pressing on the scars with the tightness would make it go down.
i have spanx also. i tried to put the cloth gauze in my creases so i may not "chap" when i walk but it did not help. i wear crotchless capri style compressions at night so air can get to the area. Can I find betadine anti bacterial liquid at the drug store or is that a prescription?
Endermologie is done in my plastic surgeons office. It is a massage and suction procedure and takes about 35 minutes for $100 per session. im not gonna lie its alittle painful, but it is helping the swelIing and i can feel a difference
Thanks I've been outting gauze in panty creases it's been working out so far. You can find it at any drug store antiseptic.
Ok maybe my ps will suggest that
Missmoneypenny, went to Dr. Today and unfortunately, you were right. I have an infection on the left side groin and that's why its so swollen. He gave me antibiotics and betadine to use 3 times a day. I am so ready for this to be over. AlI can do is lay around pantiless and take a million showers a day. i Am ready to get back to life again but have the swelling to deal with too. I sure hope its all worth it in the end because right now am wondering if I made a bad choice. Discouraged
My left side sit up and is swollen as well. The doctor told me the incisions heal in different phases and its completely normal for one side to heal faster than the other. Look at my pics did your incision look like mine? The stinging and burning has stopped. I am just curious as to how ling its going to take the left side to go down? Let me know if your incision starts to go down after taking your antibiotics.
i had the stinging and burning too but it has passed and sometimes it would feel like a knife stabbing me in the top of my right thigh, but that has stopped also. i looked at your pics and they are exactly like mine. my right side is all healed up and already flattening but the left is a different story. even my incision lines look different. on the right is thin and straight and the left is kinda chunky looking. probably from the swelling. he put me on pretty strong antibiotics 3x a day so i should have some news for you in the next 2-3 days. until then, we will hang in this together ;-)
ok what is the name and dosage of the antibiotics he prescribed you. This is so upsetting because I feels like this doctor isn't listening to me. He keeps saying how great I look and I don't feel like that. The left side is just pretty much chunky looking it's not bothering me as far as pain and he keeps saying oh one side heals faster than the other it's normal. I keep wondering if I should take the garment off, will that make a difference becuase I am ready for this to heal and go down. Can you post some pics, I'm curious to see your scars. Did your doctor cut you in the back of your legs as well. Look at how I got butchered I posted some more pics. It's closing but I still didn't want them to hang outside of my panty line and be so uneven(not pretty at all).