New Birthday! (23 Stone to 10st 4 Lb)

I had the bypass done 22nd Sept 2007, and have...

I had the bypass done 22nd Sept 2007, and have never looked back. I have gone from 23 stone to 10st 4 lb. I feel amazing. Although the 1st year was more mentaly difficult, ( to get used to eating properly) the 2nd year I think was the hardest th keep on track.

this is not a miricle, you do have to work with it and not against it. I attend a suport group and a few mwmbers in there 2nd year have started to gain weight as they have started to slip into there old way of living. As I said it is not a miricale it's a tool to help you.

As a result of loosing so much weight so fast I ended up with Gall stones, and had to have my gall bladder removed, I became extreemly aneemic and had to have a iron drip as i couldnt tolarate the tablets.

Listen to the doctors and nurses, they know what is best.

I was back at work after 2 weeks and felt ok, i didnt rush into eating, 4 weeks liquid and 2 weeks pureed worked really well but was hard mentaly as i just wanted to chew... i missed it. I am now waiting to have a tummy tuck and upper arm lift done, Not looking forward to the recovery!!

good luck everyone who is going to go through this...

Mr Amorie

Congrats on your weight loss! If you don't mind me asking, is the NHS covering your tummy tuck and arm lift?