36 Years Old. UK 34H and Making Me Miserable. - United Kingdom, GB

I was a late developer..I didn't develop until I...

I was a late developer..I didn't develop until I was 14 years old and was never big until I has the depo provera a injection (contraceptive) after being on that go a number of years I quickly developed rather large boobs....I went from a B cup to an enormous H cup. In 2001 I went to doctor complaining if back ache and after a bone density scan I was diagnosed with 'Osteopenia' this does not help with the massive boobs I got to carry around and also causes me to have bad posture as well. Not to add it's making me depressed as can't get pretty bras and clothing to fit properly, I always feel exposed! I went to doctor last week to request a breast reduction on the nhs as can't afford private. He said he will refer me and it's upto the panel to agree but with my history they should do in theory. I await to see outcome of weather they agree - do hope so but I will admit I'm nervous to be put to sleep!

git appointment to see surgeon

I went to doctor in may. Got refereed to the panel team to see if I'm eligible for nhs funding for surgery. Went to doctor 23.7.14 and found out they've accepted me for funding on the nhs. Yay. I booked my appointment to see the surgeon on the 5th August 2014....so excited!

I too had 2 c sections whilst I was awake but I've had half a dozen ops under a general as well. There honestly isn't anything to worry about. Just relax and think about what your boobs will look like when you wake up and things you'll be able to do when they've gone. My BR is next week and I can't wait. Sure I'm scared as well but excited too. You'll find the staff lovely I'm sure and they will put you at ease. You are not pathetic at all, it is after all a trip into the "unknown" . Don't let this spoil what will give you a new life x
That is a fear shared by almost everyone here but we have all survived it! Keep posting and reading other's reviews, there is great information and support to be found. Good luck!
Thankyou. My biggest fear is being put to sleep.
That part happens so fast you dont even realise its happening, and next thing is, they are waking you up. They monitor you very closely.
I'm just pathetic I really am. Wish I was brave. I really hope I will be because I so need this.
Its not pathetic at all, its very normal. But the more you arm yourself with information the less scary it is.