Scared - Pip Removal - Tyneside, UK

Hi. Just need to chat to someone regarding pip...

Hi. Just need to chat to someone regarding pip silicone implant removal, as at the moment I'm feeling a little scared. I had implants 15 years ago aged 25 as at the time I had low self esteem. Friends and even strangers used to joke about me not having any breasts so I was determined to have breast implants. I’m 5 feet 7 inches tall and 147lbs so not thin but I was 38 AA cup. I have to admit that I was overjoyed with my new C cup. It has brought me confidence and I felt feminine and in proportion and overall I have had no problems. Now that has changed. I received PIP silicone implants and as you probably know, these implants are faulty and have to be removed. I realise how stupid and vain I have been just to look “in proportion”. I want to live a long healthy life for my young daughter and family and want my implants removed as soon as possible. I have contacted the hospital and they are arranging an appointment to see the cosmetic consultant who will remove and replace the implants, if I do so wish, free. However reading your stories has given me the confidence to not replace the implants. However, I’m feeling scared. What will happen to my breasts without implants? I have seen your photographs and they look fantastic but what will mine look like? I had little breast tissue before and they have stretched with the implants. What will happen to me? Will I go back to that shy person who never took her big baggy jumper off and always stood at the back? It’s a comfort to read your experiences and to know that I am not the only one going through this.