Breast Reconstruction - Tyler, TX

I was diagnosed with breast ca in April 2013 and...

I was diagnosed with breast ca in April 2013 and had a bilateral masectomy in June 2013. I swore I would not put myself through reconstruction after going through a masectomy. The pain was terrible and all my doctors told me that having reconstruction would be like having a masectomy all over again. Well, as time past the pain became a distant memory so I found myself wanting to get reconstruction done. One thing was I hated wearing my prothesis and found myself not wearing nothing at all. I was getting tired of looking like a man. Dr. Motlagh and his staff have gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable. I was very apprehensive and they made feel so at ease. I am not finished yet with the final result, right now I have my expanders in and they are filled with 540 cc of saline. I think what made me pick Dr. Motlagh is that he is using just me. No cadaver skin, no back muscle. Nothing foreign, just myself. I am excited to see the final outcome and I have no doubt in my mind that he will do a wonderful job. I work with a lady that had her breast reduction done from him and she is very pleased with her outcome also. If you need to talk personally, just call his office and get my number...I have no problem with answering any questions you may have.

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

My dad found him in the phone book

I did not have reconstruction, bu I had saline implants many years ago.  Technology has changed so much since then.  I have heard that other women have had your same dilemma.  Here are some links with additional information that might help you with your decision.

Saline Implants + Breast Reconstruction

Saline Vs Silicone Breast Implants for a More Natural Look?

Silicone Vs. Saline - Which Breast Implant is Safer?

I can imagine you will feel comfortable with your new C cup!  Keep us posted!

How exciting to hear about your decision to move forward with reconstruction.

How many cc's will you have in your expanders in the end?

The final is 540 cc. I was a DDD before my mast., I do not want to go big...I will end up being a C cup in the end
I am thinking I will...My delima right now is saline or silicone. Have you had reconstruction done? And if so, what did you go with?