One Month out from Cellulaze - Tuscaloosa, AL

I chose to get Cellulaze because I've been wearing...

I chose to get Cellulaze because I've been wearing coverups, capris and long skirts in the summer since puberty. Even when things were covered up I felt uncomfortable, like people could still see my cottage cheese thighs through my clothes. Being naked was even worse. How could I feel confident with all the dimples?

I had Cellulaze done on the backs of my thighs and two places on my butt on May 4 under local anesthesia. We did the procedure in the doctor's office. After I got to the office, I was taken to an exam room where my doctor marked all the bumps and bulges he was going to treat. Then I took a prescribed xanax and some pain medicine before they prepped me for the procedure.

My doctor has an on-site operating room so he did my procedure there. The nurses were incredibly nice and did everything they could to make sure I was comfortable and not nervous. (Even with the xanax I was nervous, but they helped a lot.) Because we were doing the backs of my legs I laid on my stomach the whole time, they started by injecting numbing solution in the areas the doctor was treating. To be honest, this was the most painful part of the whole thing! (Even then, I would rate it a quick 7)

Once I was numb he started doing the Cellulaze. I couldn't feel a thing and by the time he started the Xanax had really kicked in, so for the next hour I rested and tried to stay still. Once he was finished they sewed me up (two tiny incisions on each leg and one each on my butt) and put on padding and a Spanx-like garment on me. My boyfriend was there to pick me up and take me home. The whole procedure took about 3 hours from start to finish.

I took some pain medicine when I got home and passed out. That night I noticed a little leaking from my sites, which my doctor said would happen. It was slightly pink, but not bloody and nothing like having liposuction (at least that's what my friends say). I had to wear the Spanx for two weeks and take it easy, but I went back to work the following Monday after my procedure and didn't have any problems.

Now I'm about a month out and I can already see a difference! I didn't have much pain after the first day or two, although it was really uncomfortable being in the Spanx that long. The two things they told me to expect after the surgery was bruising and itching. The bruising wasn't a big surprise and by the two week mark had mostly cleared up. The itching, however. My gosh! I still itch sometimes. I think it's the feeling coming back into the area but it can be maddening.

I am so happy with the results. I can already see a decrease in my cellulite and knowing that my results are going to keep getting better makes me so happy. The surgery itself gave me confidence too. I did something for myself to better my appearance and it jump started a whole new outlook on the way I look. Just over Memorial Day, I wore a bathing suit for the first time in years! I haven't gone back to get my post op pictures taken, but as soon as I do I will post them for y'all to see.

Hey Bama Girl....I hope all is well n u received maximum results... Please update us....n if possible can u post before n after pictures....thanx

Bama girl!  I too wore a bikini on Memorial Day!   I am six weeks out today, I got mine on  May 2.   I see lots of improvement- I go in next week for my 7 week check up.   I am too excited for months to pass and see hopefully more improvement!    I can't wait to see your pix!

I loved reading that you wore a bathing suit over Memorial day for the first time in years! That makes me sooo happy for you!!

I can't wait to see your pictures!

I hope the itchiness goes away soon, please keep us updated on how you are doing.

Tuscaloosa Plastic Surgeon