12 Years of Botox - Turkey, TR

I think botox is great in the right hands..I have...

I think botox is great in the right hands..I have always been very careful of who is the doctor and what they are injecting. I ask lots of questions and never go for a good offer. I have only ever changed my doctor because I changed country and I research everything I have ever had done. I have had BOTOX, Dysport, BOTOX Vistabel and would never have anything else I did not recognise or not FDA approved. I think there is such a great difference between a plastic surgeon and a qualified beautician in beauty clinic injecting my botox, and I have had both. Both of course know where to inject BUT I found that with the beautician there is a specific pattern they follow whereas the doctor injects what is right for the individual. All I am trying to say really is botox is a fabulous products and it is not the fault of the product but the injector. There are many many fantastic plastic surgeons out there who are a credit to their profession and there are many that are not, so choose wisely. I recently discovered that my dentist is offering botox, my first thoughts were would I let a plastic surgeon fix my teeth or give me a root canal, NO WAY.. What do you think?
Dr S Kandal

A fabulous plastic and reconstruction surgeon who is based in Istanbul.

Haha, great review! So true! Loved your dentist analogy. I would add that I personally think dermatologists are also a good choice for the injections (nor just cosmetic surgery specialists) since they really know the skin and tend to have an understanding of the aesthetics involved as well.
What areas of your face do you have botox injected?
I agree with you about going to a qualified injector for botox (and fillers).  Our worth it ratings are much higher for users who went to board certified plastic surgeons.  It isn't a guarantee of great results and there are some very skilled injectors that aren't board certified plastic surgeons, but overall there is a pretty large distinction.  Happy New Year!
Hi Jill, Happy New Year to you also. I have botox around the eye area, forehead etc, I like the natural effect rather than the deer in the headlights look. I also have juvaderm ultra in my lips normally around once a year. Yes I am sure there are many skilled injectors out there, I personally just feel more confident when a plastic surgeon does my injections as I have previously had botox by a beauty therapist and I didn't really like the effect, she injected way to close to the eyebrows and it made my eyes feel heavy and I had to use drops in the eye to relax the muscles, it was a little uncomfortable. I also had dysport botox a few years ago and liked it, but I went back to Botox again, sometimes better the devil you know! x