Revision Tummy Tuck with Flankplasty and Lipo - Tupelo, MS

I am now 51 years old and have finally gotten up...

I am now 51 years old and have finally gotten up enough courage to go in for a revision TT and even though I will be having lipo and a flankplasty I will be so happy to be able to look at myself again. Seven years ago I worked for a plastic surgeon who by all accounts did great work, I wanted a tummy tuck so bad so he said he would do it for me. I was scared but hey, free tummy tuck was awesome and I went for it. I was in surgery for over four hours because I had a hernia that he decided to fix, I woke up during surgery which was horrible but I don't remember much but I did remember it when I came to in the recovery room and he got really mad at me and said I was crazy but the nurses said I did wake up, That was just the beginning of my nightmare. The next day my lower stomach turned black and started going out away from my stitch line, I had skin necrosis, turned out to be a year long battle and two surgeries later finally fixed but I have a rather large scar. This doctor fired me two weeks after my surgery because he said I would be a detriment to his practice but he did pay me until I was able to find another job. Guess it could have been worse but I just want to say, I have found a wonderful PS and he has been a true blessing to myself and my family. He will be finishing up on my tummy on March 7, 2012 and I cannot wait, so far it looks great and I am proud. Search your PS out really good, if I had I would have found out that I was not the only one that ended up like this and yes, I did work for him but only for a few months before all of this. Just goes to show you never just place your trust in just anyone..

Tupelo Plastic Surgeon

Hey there, so sorry to hear you went through that. I cannot imagine. You are truly a soldier. I am considering TT revision too. Do you have any pics you can post to show your journey?

How are you feeling now NanaG?

I am just wonderful and thank you for asking. I am very proud of the way I look and scaring is very small. I am so glad that I had this done and think highly of my surgeon. He and his staff are WONDERFUL.
OMG girl I wish you all the best, unbelievable that someone you work for could turn out to be like that, but you know what hang in there, things will get better, I am sure you already know that.
Ladies, I am now two weeks post op for my tummy tuck revision and flankplasty. Everything went extremely well and my new belly scar is minimal and I have no more muffin tops. I am having some burning under a small part of my scar but no infections and PS said it is nerve endings but it would go away. God, gave me a angel when he put me in touch with the BEST dang PS around. Thank everyone for their support and I will keep everyone updated.
How are you? I am thinking of having a Flankplasty. I had my TT on March 15, 2013, since then my flanks look HUGE. I love my new belly, but the FLANKS are huge (to me). Was that procedure painful? My PS told me that he may put drains in after the surgery. The drains were they worst part for me. Thanks
I am doing very very good some slight pain now and again but no complain,love my results, will have to take some pics. been very busy with the holidays and all. I did have drains put in but nothing like when I had the TT it was not to bad.
Thank you. Can't wait to see your results. Take care.