Complete!!! Step 2 to a New Me - Tupelo, MS

In September I had Vaser liposuction on my upper...

In September I had Vaser liposuction on my upper and lower abs and inner theighs with skin removal on my lower stomach. I knew before I even did that that I wanted and needed a breast lift. I just wasn't sure if I needed a reduction or a implant or what!

So today I was set up for a consultation. This was a totally different experience from my Vaser consultation. It was a different facility, different doctor. The reason I went to a different doctor is the doctor I used for Vaser does not do breast. The doctor I chose for my breast was chosen because of the great job he did on my next door neighbor and 2 of her family members.

I seriously hope no one ever looks at my browsing history, they will probably think I'm gay! Nothing wrong with that, but I'm a happily married woman! I have obsessed over Tummys and breasts for over a year.

So back to the point.... I have a lot of breast tissue, so I will be doing a mastoplexy. I will get a lift, remove some tissue and do a small low profile under the muscle implant. The implant is to round me out and give me more fullness.

I'm currently trying to decide on the date. My work slows down over the holidays so I am thinking that will be my chance to get this done. Most people don't want to be "down" over the holidays but my mother in law always does the cooking and cooks enough for the whole town so we won't miss the holiday.

The doctor I met today was awesome, he seemed to really like his job. He wanted to know why I didn't want to go bigger! But he said it in a joking way. We visited for a good while and devised my plan.

I'll come back and write more when I have. More details!!! Until then.... Have a great day!!

Welcome to the community, and if your search history makes you look gay, then we all look gay - lol! It's so totally normal to obsess over body parts when you're planning a surgery. The good news is that before long you'll have yourself to ogle, which is really what it's all about. Best of luck on your journey and I'm looking forward to following along!

Hello! I finally have time to update. On Monday I...

Hello! I finally have time to update. On Monday I went for my pre-op and paid my fees. Since then I've been running a marathon. We had to make a trip out of town for a family event and we just returned home. The next few days are going to be crazy. My surgery is set up for December 18th, 2012. I do not have a time yet. Ie never used the surgical center I am having my procedure at so the set up is different than what I am accustomed to.

I first seen the nurse at the PS's office. There I paid his fees then was sent to a surgical center just down the road from there. There I was given a buzzer like the ones you get when there is a wait for a table at a eating establishment. Once it buzzed I was given the standard forms to fill out, I took them back, waited for the buzzer again, then they took my ID, waited for the buzzer again, and seen a lady to pay my fees and submit more information, then I was once again waiting on the buzzer. The last timemthenbuzzer went off I seen a nurse who recorded more questions, took vitals, gave pre-op instruction answered questions and we were on our way. The total experience at the surgical center sounds long, but I fact only took a little over a hour to complete. It was a different but very neat experience.

So here's what will happen, on Monday I will call the surgical center between certain hours in the afternoon. They will then tell me my appointment time to arrive. On Tuesday I will arrive at the set time, check in, and be admitted. I would call the center a sorts of a mini day hospital. There are 8 surgical suites, and 24 private suites for pre and post op.

Once we arrive and are checked in, I will go to prep. I MUST have my helper with me, and my helper is NOT to leave the center. It has been explained that my helper is to stay in my suite once I am prepped and headed to surgery. He will have a TV and comfortable furniture to relax on while I am in theater. There is a phone in the room and they will call him and keep him informed of my progress from sleepy time to the end of my procedure.

I have chosen saline low pro implants. I am a D cup, I have requested for some to be removed, and more or less my implants will be what they took out in size. I will be lifted, my nipple reduced, and in the end I am shooting for a nice firm, cartoon round large C or smaller D cup. All mylife I have had long breast. I've never been comfortable with them. I not only want some stand up happy girls, but round! So we shall see what I come out with!

My meds were called in to the pharmacy and have been picked up, so that is out of the way. I have completed my shopping list I was given for the exception of my sports bra, which I will get today. Walmart, here we come.... And I'm not excited about going there at all. Especially this time of year! However, it must be done. While I'm there I will get some post op groceries.

I still had supplies from my last surgery (lipo and tuck) so I'm good there. We just need some soups and jello, things like that in the house and naturally my bottled water! Last time I drank copious amounts of water post op and I plan to do so this time as well. I'm praying I do not get sick from the sleepy meds this time. This time I will be put to sleep, last time I had a epidural, local, and some stuff in my IV. So hopefully coming back to the real world will go smoother this time.

So I messed up... I watched some videos the other night ofmwhatnimhaving done and it was scary! I shouldn't have done that. Because of that I asked my nurse if it would be ok for me to Xanax the night before. I've been given the ok! Thank goodness!

So it seems I'm pretty much set up. I can't promise a update the daynofnsurgery, but I will if I feel up to it.

Yesterday was my surgery! I was told to be at the...

Yesterday was my surgery! I was told to be at the surgery center at 10:45 to check in. I only waited a couple of minutes to be shown to my suite where things would get started. That was the fastest part of the ordeal.

I got settled into my surgical down and got into bed. The nurse came back to ask questions, start blood work, do vitals and start my IV. My DH and I watched TV for what seemed like forever. Then a nurse from anistisia came in to talk with us, the we waited some more.

Them my doctor came in to play pictionary on my body ans get our final plan together. That took a bit of time because he was very thorough and took his time talking with us as well. We decided on reduction, lift, and small implants leaving me a nice big C instead of the D I went in with. D's were just too big for my short frame.

After that 2 more nurses came in to get me, out some sleepy meds in my iv and wheeled me away. I remember going through the hall, and nothing more!

The next thing I know my husband and nurse were dressing me and I was back asleep again. I don't remember the drive home except a few times when my DH turned too sharp or hit a bump. I wasn't feeling like eating, I was thirsty and got lots of water in me and 3 bites at a time of apple sauce.

Today I am sore, but not in pain. My appetite is back and I was able to get some eggs ans more apple sauce down for breakfast.

So far so good. Today I bath and we are to send a picture to my PS on his phone. Tomorrow I am having mymhairwashed and set. I will do that every other day until I can do it myself. Ill wear a wig if it gets too bad lol.

Nt sure why my day 1 pictures are upside down.

Nt sure why my day 1 pictures are upside down.
I'm starting to feel a little pain now. Not too bad, but bad enough for me to want to take my meds a little earlier. My nurse just called to check on me and she was tickled, my doctor called her as soon as he released me and talked to my husband yesterday to tell her hour proud he was of what he did. He said they are perfect!!! Se also said I could take my ace bandaging off and just wear my support bra! In the morning I get my hair done so I'm a little nervous about the wash chair but I WANT my hair done, its in a clip right now and I hate it and I look terrible, I'm so pale. I'm going to have them do my makeup too lol

Its been a while since I updated. I am now 18 days...

Its been a while since I updated. I am now 18 days out. I WAY OVER DID things that first week. I was not resting and I was up and doing too much, and now I am paying the price. Plus the nasty flu bug is rampant all over the place and I am having to take extra precaustions to NOT get sick.

I was hoping to get the OK this week to return to work, but that did not happen because I am healing too slow, so my next appointment is the 14th and I will see what that date brings.

Today had has been a pretty bad day, I think we got some form of virus in our house somehow even though we have been very careful not allowing anyone to come over and visit, onlt the housekeeper to help me out with the chores. But I have gone to the pharmacy a few times and could have gotten something from someone there.

My appetite is crap, I dont feel like eating much at all and I have lost 10 pounds, not that I couldnt afford to loose those pounds, but loosing them when your trying to recover from surgury is not a god thing.

I have had a lot of pain, and I am very blessed to have a doctor and nurse who are always asking if I need more meds to control the pain and spasms. I try NOT to take the meds, but I have just more or less given in now and pretty much take them so I dont feel the pain at all. The medication has been an issue.....

My initial perscriptions were an antibiotic, Lortab and Vallium. I had these filled at a Walgreens just down the street from the hospital we use. The cost was $18, My husband picked up my refill of the L and V and the cost was $12.

A couple of days into my recovery I was NOT resting, I was waking up in the middle of the night just screaming in pain, so I called my PS office and I asked for something to help me sleep. The PS initally said Ambian, but the nurse called in Soma because the doc had already left by the time I had called her back and told her what pharmacy to call it in to.and I think he forgot to tell her what it was he wanted me to have. No big deal, I just wanted something to SLEEP through the night instead of every two hours waking up crying and scraming in pain. (I am good with pain tollerance so this isnt just me whining) I used my insurance at a Freds here in town for the soma. She called in 24 pills. When I get to the Freds the pills were not ready, this was 4 hours after she called them in. Then she tells me with my insurance my copay is $72 for 24 pills! I went home and got on my insurance website, those pills should have been $25 not $72, so I have my insurance company contacting the Freds to try and get my money back.

Then a couple of days later I need more pain pills....

BUT the next time I had a script filled, this time was it was antibiotic again, and the L and V I had them filled at a Walmart (The same set of scripts I had gotten at Walgreens at the start of this afventure) because I had to go there to get some stuff and some more bras, I am changing bras a couple of times a day so I wanted some more of those front snap bras the PS told me to get. So I figured instead of two stops I would do it all in one stop so I fill the scripts at Walmart and I was charged $45. WHY the difference? THEN I get home and the lortab shows no refill, but the V does. BOTH had a refill on them on the orders, because this time she gave my scripts to me on paper. So I was an hour away back at the house when I discovered this mistake and I called the store and they looked it up and admited they had made a mistake and had corrected it.

So a few days later I had to go back to the same town and decided I would go online the night before and pre-order the RX because that town is an hour from my house and I would not be back in that town for a few days, so I wanted refills for the V and L. The V would allow me to request online, but the L would not. So I wrote this long letter to the pharmacy, as well as corporate. I NEVER heard a word from either email I sent.

So the next day I went to get my stitches out and my nurse asked me if I needed some more meds called in, I explained my issues with the pharmacy and asked her if I could talk to my mother who is a nurse and have her advice me somewhere closer to home to get my meds filled at and when I had that information I would call her and have her to call them in for me. That was NOT a problem at all. And I go to the Walmart to try and sort all this out with the meds.

I went to the pharmacy first to sort things out because I knew once the order was in it would take a little while to fill the order because everyone and their grandmother is sick right now with some kind of flu or crud. The lines at the pharmacy's are horrid right now. So I go over my entire story and the lady tells me they suddenly found my RX for the Lortab, that it was given an new RX # when I had called in the mistake, yet they failed to tell me this. THEN they tell me something about my doctor not having something updated, I still have no idea what the hell they were talking about and they had to sort that out before my meds could be filled.

So here I am in walmart, I am in pain for two reasons, I had to drive myself the hour to the appointment because my driver suddenly comes down with the flu the morning of my appointment and I refuse to let her take me because I dont want her germs, so I did not take ANY meds that morning other than antibiotic, and second of all because I had the stitches removed, and I felt like I was nipped a little with the sutures, and I may not have been, but I just felt really sore there in my stitch areas. So I was NOT in a good mood at all. So I had to push a buggy around to get the things I need while they fill my meds because I was so upset that day I wasnt thinking I just needed to get one of those electric chairs. Finally they text me to tell me my medications are ready and this time for the SAME 3 MEDS my co=pay is only $25... It was $45 just a few days before. WELL needless to say I have quit using Walmart and I drove home tired, in pain because I refuse to take L and V and drive because it does make me loopy and I was so upset that I forgot to get myself something to eat while in town. By the time I got home I just wanted to take my pills and go to bed and cry myself to sleep.

The next day was no better. My husband decides he is coming home and he is putting his truck in the shop and someone has to come and get him, at 930AM! Hello... everyone is at work, so here I go again, I get in my car and I drive 90 miles one way to get him, and again without meds. By the time I got to him I was READY to take my pills and let him drive.

I called my short term disability insurance company and explained the problems I was having. My regular ins will not help me with anything and my GAP is trying to help me out too. I have lost more work than I was told I would loose, I am having issues healing and issues getting help, so I am waiting to hear back from my insurance companies about possibly getting the GAP to help pay for the extra expenses I am having from the complications because BCBS refuses to help me at all with that and waiting to hear that because my loosing work situation went from cosmetic to medical I may be able to receive some pay while I am off which will help me out I am sure. It would come in handy to have it to pay my housekeeper to come more than once a week while I am down to help me out.

In the meantime, all my medication information has been moved. Today we went to the pharmacy my mother told me would be best for my needs and insurance company and we set up with them so that my nurse can just call in what I need. This is not a large pharmacy like I am used to where I can use an app or website and reorder my RX, but they WILL let me call them and say I am coming in and to please fill such and such RX.

About my healing, I have 3 spots that do not want to heal, they are being REALLY slow and I have the yellowish ooze, but it does not stink, its not green or indicate to me that there is any infection, just that is is healing really slow. I just keep cleaning wounds, and re-dressing them twice a day and in between I a am trying to load up on all the protein I can and vitamins like crazy. My appetite has not been that great but I do force myself to eat a spoon of peanut butter, or a package of tuna or a boiled egg for snacks. Then there are other days where I eat everything in sight!

So that is my update for now. I return to my next appointment on the 14th and I hope and pray that I will be released to go back to work. I miss work and I miss my paychecks rolling in! ( I have a shopping addiction )

I Am still experiencing some pain and the healing...

I Am still experiencing some pain and the healing is still not going as well as it should.
I got a ride to the store the other day because I told my husband I did not think I needed a car this week and cold get a ride wherever I wanted to go. WELL WAS I EVER WRONG!

I am not going to get into about how I have been promised to be taken somewhere and then the same person not show up and this has gone on for a few days.

But anyway, the other day the pharmacy I went to did not have the tape I have been using and I was forced to purchase a different brand and I had a complete allergic reaction to it. I was in pain, itching and miserable. It takes me a fair amount of time to dress my wounds myself anyway, so I had to not only redress my wounds, I had to scrub to get all the tape residue from my body, then scrub up with the hibaclense. I took some meds and it still took a good while for the pain to go away, but the itching is still a little bit of a problem and I do not have any benadryl here and no way to go get any because I chose to be without a car this week to keep myself from going places becauseI was bored.

I cant keep my days straight. I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday and thinking my husband would come home, only to look at my phone and discover it was only Friday! LOL Then my husband calls and says he has gotten some extra work so he will not be home this weekend. So I have made arrangements to get our sons car so I can have a way to the store, it needs a few things done to it anyway so while I have it out I am going to take it by the service station and have it fixed.

Not much to really update, just healing is still going slow, I still have a lot of pain and they have stopped writing me pain meds, which I need to talk to them about Monday. Maybe they can give me something different that I dont have to take so much of and so often to deal with the pain. I think the pain is from the infection more than anything.

I Am still experiencing some pain and the healing...