I've Been Waiting for Sooo Long, and Finally TT and Breast Lift - New Jersey

After gaining 50+lbs during pregnancy I have felt...

After gaining 50+lbs during pregnancy I have felt extremely unhappy and sad about the way that my body looked post pregnancy. I was 105 prepregnancy 158 post, and am now 142lbs. After waiting 8 years to be able finally afford my TT and breast life, my heart is overjoyed with the idea that my TT is only weeks away. I am here to meet new friends who are going through similar trials and to ask as many questions as possible about recovery etc. Wish me luck!

I was wondering if anyone has ever not had someone...

I was wondering if anyone has ever not had someone there while they were recovering. I have a ride home but for the most part will be going this solo. Does anyone have any tips or advice? I am really scared my surgery is tomorrow :( and I won't be having any help.

So i am currently IN LOVE with my breasts but...

so i am currently IN LOVE with my breasts but really so so on the tummy tuck. mostly because my belly button looks GRRROSS. and i know i won't be able to cover that with underwear :(. I hop this gets better over time...also, when does this compression garment go away?! im already tired of it touching my skin...i think i will put an under shirt on UNDER my compression garment.

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

AWESOME bedside manner extremely helpful with any and all questions. not at all dismissive about concerns.

You look awesome, I'm 8 days post op and am still going thru swell hell. UGGGHHH
you look great Christina i saw your pics, thanks for the encouragement i hope that things will only get better :D
They will, we just have to learn to be patient and yes I know, easier said then done :)
I think you look great Goldengirl. Swelling is probably the worst thing to deal with. I still have a little love handle going on but according to everything I have read and what has been said on these boards, that too will tighten. Hang in there, you look fabulous darling :)
thanks Gracey I sure hope I look as good as people are saying i've been a little sad about it i am trying to decided if i should say something to my PS but am not really sure what he can do at this point which just makes me angrier and sadder.
BTW, your photo looks great! And everyone keeps telling me that alot of what we see PO, for several months, is swelling.
After complaining about it for 2 weeks, I find that I am now addicted to my "garment". I tried a flexee to sleep in for one night, thinking it would help me sleep better without the irritation of the hooks and zippers. For me, I was wrong. I experienced so much more discomfort when I did not have my garment on. I did put a long cotton tank under my garment and that has really helped, especially at night. Can't believe I am saying this but I am now glad to wear my garment. (LOL)

That should give you a little relief.

You know I have always fretted about my butt, thighs and hips but I now know I am my own worst enemy.  I think we look at ourselves and see things others don't.

You still have swelling and what you will notice is that you will smooth out a little more each month.  I think you look great and shouldn't't worry.

We all have this picture or idea in our heads of the 18 year old bodies we once had and can be a bit unrealistic with ourselves.  Women huh :)

You look great!
Thank you Kimmers!

Try wearing a soft cotton tank top under the torture garment.  That will give you a little relief from the skin.  Check with your doctor on how long he wants you to wear this.

I ditched mine on day three post OP.
thanks kimmers, i put on a cotton shirt and do feel much better! do you think i was overly ambitious with my love handle expectations? my tummy itslef is flat but those handles are unchanged. i can't tell if its just in my head.
Awesome results!!!!! You look fantastic!

You look wonderful!   Nice flat tummy and perky breasts...
aww thanks Kimmers your support has been extraordinary and i am extremely grateful for your support. just nervous about this fat over my hips lol...im so happy with my tuck scar it is way smaller than i thought! just unusre about lipo, did you get lipo or does that little bit (very little bit now ;)) of chub just go away with exercise...?

I did get the lipo but the swelling from that took a while to go down.   It will smooth out in a few weeks.  The exercise will also help.  I have been fine tuning my body now with the exercise and that has helped greatly.

The biggest part for me is keeping strict on the diet..hard as hell but worth it!
yes the good old fashioned way is what my doctor suggested today. he said that the minimal amount of fat over my hips was not worth increasing the scar and that most of it was just my actual hip bone lol. i think like u said staying on my diet and really starting to work out in 2 weeks will be great.

Yep you will do great!
today is day 4 i am feel much better now, i too was in a bit of a coma and am finally waking up to reenter the world we established a better pain med schedule. i have to get SO to post the pic...
Hi Goldengirl. I am 13 days PO and I stayed pretty drugged with oxycodone,valium, & phengran for the first week or so. I remember only segments of those days. My DH got me up and walked me around every hour or so, fed me, etc.... I really don't like taking drugs but obviously they helped. I am feeling great now! Hard to not go full speed ahead but I am following my PS orders completely. How are you doing today?
Great Photo! Can see why you are so pleased! : )
im doing much better today a lack of sleep 2 days ago had me feeling quite horrible on Christmas day but am much better now. thanks for giving me hope that in 13 days i may be feeling that well. i cant wait!
Hi goldengirl I'm taking generic for norco 5MG. I take them every 4-6 hours but even with the 6hr window the pain has been tolerable.

Glad you're happy with your results can't wait to see ur after pic, posted mine earlier today!
hey all!

I have been in a lot of pain...my SO is very stingy with the painkillers because he is afraid i will get a dependence :-\ but i have percaset (sp?) i am so happy with the results and am so happy but i must say im in a lot more pain than some of the other ladies. wat are the pain meds that some of u guys are on? how often are u taking them? im gettin 1 percaset every 4 hrs...i took a pic today and can't wait to send it to everyone!

Goldengirl - I was on Vicodin and took (2) every 6 hours.  I pretty much kept myself in a narcotic coma for the first 4- days.  I then tapered down to (1) every 4-6 hours for a few days.

If your pain meds are not giving you relief call your doctor and let them know you need more or something different.  It is a proven medical fact that patients who have controlled pain relief heal faster.

Give the doc a call....
Hope all is going well Goldengirl! We are waiting anxiously for an update!!