Full TT with Lipo - Bangkok, Thailand

On Sept 20th I traveled to Thailand to get a tummy...

On Sept 20th I traveled to Thailand to get a tummy tuck, lipo of flanks and lipo of middle back.... i know alot of you are saying why Thailand?

well for one I work in Afghanistan so Thailand is close enough for me to go when I go on vacation. Alot of people I know were telling me how many of their friends were going to Thailand to get cosmetic and dental surgery done for cheaper than going to the states, at first the thought of that made me nervous and i thought these people were crazy. I started to do some research on different hospitals and Docs and decided i should be as nervous as I was.

The main reason I am posting is because I did go over seas to get this procedure an when I was doing research it was hard to find alot of "real" reviews from people who have actually went to Thailand so Im posting to let people who are thinking about going to Thailand for cosmetic surgery know my experience.

The key to me having a great experience was doing the research 1st. When i narrowed down all the hospitals that do cosmetic surgery in Bangkok down to one then I searched for a doctor. As I was searching for a Doc on the hospitals website I was surprised that the majority that worked at this hospital were trained in the U.S. an some had even had practices in the states for many years. this put me more at ease with going out of the states.

When I found one who I liked his credentials I requested a appointment and mini online "consultation" with him. I sent him several detailed pictures of the areas I was interested in getting surgery on. And he emailed me back and told me what he thought based off the pictures and asked if I would like to set up and actual appointment and when I would be in Bangkok.

I scheduled for Sept 20th. My appointment was at 7am for all my blood work and to meet the doctor so he could eval my areas in person and answer any questions I had. The doctor was very polite and professional and he made me feel comfortable as well as the hospital setting which was more clean and modern than most hospitals in the states that ive been in.

After all the lab work and meeting with the doc were completed if was off to surgery..... yup just that fast I was in surgery by 10am. everything went really well all the prep nurses were very helpful, as well as the anesthesiologist they were all friendly and made me feel comfortable. I was wheeled into the O.R. and next thing you know Im finished.

My complete fees were inclusive of the procedures, anesthesiology fees and 3 complete days in the hospital. The only thing is you must stay in Thailand a certain amount of time to make all your follow up appointments and to ensure that no problems will occur. My doc removed a little over 2 Lbs of skin and fat as well as a liter of fat from lipo in my flanks and back. I feel the doctor did a excellent job and feel I made the right decision coming to Thailand to have these procedures done.

I am only 1 week post op and go back this wed for my stitches to be removed..........the pictures below are the day I got out of the hospital so 3 days post op I am swollen but they still look great. I cut alot of details out because my story would have been real long had I added them all in there so if anyone has any questions feel free to contact me........

Dr. Preeyaphas Nilubol

Dr P was very polite and professional. I could tell from speaking to him that he had alot of experience in his field. He explained everything and made sure I understood. He did a wonderful job as you can see.......... Dr works at Bumrangrad International Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand