Tummy Tuck Was Painful but Made a Big Difference!

I had my tummy tuck with lipo on the flanks...

I had my tummy tuck with lipo on the flanks 1/23/09. Almost 3 weeks ago. I am 5 ft 5 inches and 125lbs. I am a stay home mom with 2 children, 3 & 18 months.

I always had a belly since I was a teenager and after having kids I looked like I was 5 months pregnant even though I eat healthy and work out 6 days a week. I was very embarrassed and self conscious about it and would wear baggy clothes all the time to hide it.

The first few days after the surgery were very painful which I expected. However, I caught the cold my children had and was coughing the day after surgery. Every time I would cough it felt like I was being stabbed from the inside and then it would burn. The Doctor recommended Robitussin which worked very well.

I couldn't sleep in my bed because lying down made me cough and it was too difficult to get up to use the bathroom so I slept on a love seat in my room. My husband had to take off a week to take care of me and the children and then my mother came for a few days. After they were gone caring for the children was difficult but manageable. I am only lifting my 13 month old to take him in and out of his crib. I can sit on the floor with him to hold him though.

I tried on a bikini yesterday and saw a big difference even though I am still very swollen and bruised from the lipo. I think it is worth it. My only concerns are that my belly button seems very high up but that may because I am still healing and the big scar that goes across my lower abs. I am going to ask the doctor about using Maderma on it to make it less noticeable.

Dr Sharf at Center for Plastic Surgery in Williamsville

I went to 5 different doctors. Some did not have before and after photos so I didn't use them and some only performed the procedure on very large people. Some pics looked the same after the surgery. Even though this doctor was the most expensive of all the ones I had consultations with($1,000-$2,000 more), he had pics with people who looked to be my size and had a noticeable difference afterward.

I would definitely do it again. I went down from a 6 to a 2 or 4 depending on the brand. I lost about 6lbs.
Full tummy tuck. I don't have any recent photos but I will post some soon. It still takes work and diet to stay thin.
The only thing I am not happy about is my belly button. It has a scar around it and looks like a target so I can't wear a bikini.
Was it worth it? Big difference? Would you do it again? Did you lose any weight or go down a size?
You look great, your scar does not seem that bad. was this a full tummy tuck or mini? Any recent updated pics?
Depends on your doctor. I had to pay $50 for the one I used but but others I checked out didn't charge anything.
Did you have a full or mini TT? I would need a full TT and wonder if the cost would be higher. What Dr did you see?
I had mine done for pretty expensive but it's an different type of abdominal plasty. My incision is mostly hidden bk2 it's btw my thighs and pubic area. But the recovery time is longer3-6 weeks. 1st week was painful, but it gets better week 2. I Aldo had lipo on my flanks and lower back. I'm on my 3 week plus and am walking a bit straighter. Let me know if u want a recommendation, he also did my friends and mom's breast aug as well.
Hi just wondering if a there is any payment involved in a consultation??
Absolutely not! You can rip your stitches. I did not lift my baby at all for 2 weeks and then only to put him in his crib for another 2. Let your older kids do it.
were you able to lift and care for your baby? I am planning this and have a 2 month old as well as a 19 month old...i have 4 older children ages 5-13 that are self-sufficient and eager to help as much as possible. Do you think I will be able to lift and hold and carry the youngest baby after a few days? And lift my 19 moth old in and out the crib after a few days?
Editor's Note: We've added your provider information to the top of the review. Thanks!
Who did the surgery?
your surgery turned out great! i'm going to be scheduling mine in a few weeks and i live in lockport so i was wondering who did your surgery?
I plan to have a tt on 3/2/09 with california surgical inst. has anyone used then b4
No, But since you mention California surgical institute, I take it you are in CA. I went to Dr.Alex Kim in Beverly Hills. He has an office on Wilshire Blvd, but I went to one that is on Robertson, paid $4500.00 and my results are amazing.
who operated on you?
oh, you look wonderful! I am scheduled to go in this coming tuesday for a TT and a breast reduction and am very nervous. thank you for sharing your experience--it has really helped me. I am going to keep my focus on the end results and hope to look like you after 2 weeks! :)