Question About Pain 2 Weeks out

My abdominoplasty was done May 2nd and I was in...

My abdominoplasty was done May 2nd and I was in pain for the first week, mainly due to the drain tubes poking around my insides. After the drains were removed (6 days out), I felt much better and was off pain medication within a few days.

I am now 2-1/2 weeks out and I have terrible pain again to the point where I have to go back on Darvocet. It is not my incision which is sore and swollen but very manageable. It is up higher over my belly button where I assume the higher internal sutures are located.

Is this normal? Has anyone else had their pain subside and then reappear? Will it eventually just go away on its own?

Otherwise, I am thrilled that my stomach is fairly flat (after having a protruding stomach since childhood, even though I've always been in a normal weight range). My belly button is a little bit off-center and flat, so that's not great. But in clothes I look tons better.

Dr. H

That is your MR (muscle repair) That will take a while to heal completely. You could have turned over in bed wrong and wrenched it or something. I wish my drains are out! I have to keep them 2 weeks I get them out wed. I so can't wait.