Tummy Tuck Surgery for Men

I am a man, 54 years old who had attained a weight...

I am a man, 54 years old who had attained a weight of over 300 pounds.

Over the course of about 2 or 3 years of dieting and daily exercise I reduced my weight to 155lbs (I lost over 150 pounds). This left me with a lot of excess skin around my belly and midsection. Since I didn't want to live with this for the rest of my life, I decided to look into a Tummy Tuck operation.

I did my research and found a qualified plastic surgeon in my area. Then I made an appointment for a consultation. On my drive to the consultation I was thinking:
- will I be naked for the "before" photo?
- all the horror stories that you read about Tummy Tucks going wrong.
- is this guy really a good plastic surgeon?
- will I need liposuction as well?
- have I lost enough weight?
- cosmetic surgery is not covered by insurance.
- "Tummy Tuck" is a foolish name to say out loud and abdominoplasty is too hard to remember

The surgeon told me that a Tummy Tuck would be appropriate for as well as a Lateral Thigh Lift. Tummy Tuck is where they cut away and stitch "tight" the sagging skin in be belly area. The Lateral Thigh Lift is where they continue along the sides of the waist and back area and do the same thing to lift the hips and the butt.

Well I proceeded with the surgery, and I am happy that I did. Everything went fine from surgery through recovery. There were no complications. Surprisingly there was no pain involved, only numbness. My only complaint is that I think my belly button is too narrow.

Now I just have to keep the weight off. To keep myself motivated I put my Tummy Tuck experiences on my blog. I also put lots of before and after pictures to help remind me.