Tummy Tuck W/lipo - Yakima

I had a Tummy Tuck w/lipo on Jan. 28, 2009. ...

I had a Tummy Tuck w/lipo on Jan. 28, 2009.  I have had 3 children, 2 when in my 20's and 1 six months ago when I was 35.  I was in the best shape of my life prior to my last pregnancy, but still carried any additional weight in my abdomen.

The MD said that he removed about six inches of skin and fat and liposuctioned an additional 1000cc's.  I am thrilled with the results though I still have a large amount of swelling.  I am hoping to have the drains removed tomorrow which will be 5 days post-op and will hopefully be able to return to my job as a nurse by Wednesday (my job is mainly administrative or the physical restrictions would prevent such a quick return).

My pain was well managed with Vicodin for the first 72 hours and then tylenol.  I would definately recommend medicating with anit-nausea medication proactively if you have any nausea associated with narcotics or anesthesia.  Had I not used the anti-nausea med and had any vomiting that would have been incredibly painful.

I had orignally planned to have this surgery out of town and I am glad I opted to stay locally as the recovery in a hotel room would not have been comfortable to me and the surgeon and his staff was excellent.

Yakima Plastic Surgeon

I've heard some positive about Dr. Hauge and a friend of mine is a nurse for him. Do you highly recommend him? I'm wanting a tummy tuck with lipo so I'm also wondering how long was your recovery time and you could get back to work? I'm an office manager so I sit at a desk all day. Thanks!
would you recommend this Dr for a tummy tuck? And how long were you in the hospital? Did the Insurance help cover the cost in any wa? Thank you
Dr. Hague did a great job and I am still thrilled with the results. The procedure was done at a surgery center and I was home within 5 hours. My insurance would not cover any of the cost, but I did get financing assistance through the Dr's office. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for your help!! Do you mind if I ask what all did you have done and what was the cost?
Just a tummy tuck. $8800.
I was unable to pick him up for the first few days. It was to difficult to do to much for him until the drains came out on day 5. Luckily my husband and mom were a great help. After 1 week I was able to provide for all his needs.
You said you had a 6 month old at the time of your surgery, how hard has it been caring for your baby while recovering now adn early on in the recovery process?
I don't remember the first 2 hours post op, but my husband tells me that I only complained of pain if they wanted me to move. I was up and able to walk without pain as long as I walked a little bent 5 hours post op.
thanks for the info! one last thing, are you in pain as soon as you wake up from the anesthesia?
I felt sore and a kind of burning after I woke up from post op which was only 6min after they took out the breathing tube. My doctor gave me Dilaudid and had me take 2mg every 2 hours, it has worked miracles, I'm in no pain.
I wasn't in pain immediately after but about 30 minutes later it was a great deal of pain. However, after they hit me with a shot of demarol I was fine. Didn't have pain as long as I took the pain medication on time. Don't wait til it's unbearable to take your meds because it takes 30 minutes for it to kick in. I hardly had pain but I did vomit a couple of days later and felt like my stomach ripped (not painful but pressure) but the doctor said it was normal but wouldn't effect the results (it hasn't) but to put a pillow over your stomach whenever you cough, vomit, or sneeze.
No, I did not get a pain pump and definately didn't need one. My pain was well managed with the vicodin. The phenergan that was prescribed for nausea probably helped the vicodin work better as it does have some sedative effects. Definatley speak with your PS about a prescription for nausea if you ever have any nausea when taking narcotics. Vomiting would have caused extreme pain. Good luck.
did you get a pain pump? or was your pain managed by vicodin only?i went for my consultation yesterday, and was told the PS i want doesn't offer pain pumps. just wondering. thanks.
My doctor told me that it is a common misconception that you will lose weight from this surgery. He said that fat is very light and the scales would not reflect the amount taken out. I too had this surgery and he was right, there was no difference on the scale afterwards. It has been three weeks since my surgery. originally I weighed more post surgery from the swelling and fluid accumulation after surgery. Now the fluid is gone and the swelling is minimal.
I have not weighed or measured myself yet, though my understanding is that the 1000cc's removed by lipo is approx 2.2 lbs and I estimate that the amount that was cut off is probably 2-3 lbs. Hope that is helpful.
How much weight and inches in total did you lose?