Tummy Tuck W/lipo - Yakima

I had a Tummy Tuck w/lipo on Jan. 28, 2009. ...

I had a Tummy Tuck w/lipo on Jan. 28, 2009.  I have had 3 children, 2 when in my 20's and 1 six months ago when I was 35.  I was in the best shape of my life prior to my last pregnancy, but still carried any additional weight in my abdomen.

The MD said that he removed about six inches of skin and fat and liposuctioned an additional 1000cc's.  I am thrilled with the results though I still have a large amount of swelling.  I am hoping to have the drains removed tomorrow which will be 5 days post-op and will hopefully be able to return to my job as a nurse by Wednesday (my job is mainly administrative or the physical restrictions would prevent such a quick return).

My pain was well managed with Vicodin for the first 72 hours and then tylenol.  I would definately recommend medicating with anit-nausea medication proactively if you have any nausea associated with narcotics or anesthesia.  Had I not used the anti-nausea med and had any vomiting that would have been incredibly painful.

I had orignally planned to have this surgery out of town and I am glad I opted to stay locally as the recovery in a hotel room would not have been comfortable to me and the surgeon and his staff was excellent.

Yakima Plastic Surgeon