Tummy Tuck with Devastating Complications

I chose to have a tummy tuck after having 2...

I chose to have a tummy tuck after having 2 children left my stomach with a lot of lose skin and stretch marks as well as a 2" seperation in my stomach muscles.
The procedure was extremely painful, which was not unexpected, but very soon, within a week, I began complaining to my Dr. that I was having a burning sensation in the lower part of my stomach. Every complaint was excused or ignored.

After no satisfaction with my surgeon I began getting other opinions from another surgeon in another town and a pain management doctor in my town. These doctors were pretty certain that I had some sort of nerve damage. I had lidocain injected into my stomach at various points twice with no relief. I am in constant horrible pain. My lower stomach burns like it is on fire all of the time, but the skin is still numb to the touch. I am taking 2 lortabs a day to help with the pain, I have tried lyrica, neurontin, elevil and am now on keppra. all these medications have terrible side effects for me and still have not touched my pain. I am so desperate for help, I would gladly let a surgeon open the incision back up if I could get some resolution, but concensus is that it may make the pain worse or spread to a larger area.

I am 42 years old and Cannot imagine having to live with this for the rest of my life. It has been 19 months of pain and misery and I regret the day that I chose to do this. Yes, my stomach is flat and looks so much better, but I would not trade it for this pain.

Ashland Plastic Surgeon

As it became evident that there was a complication from the surgery, my surgeon simply dismissed my complaints and never tried to help me with any resolution to the problem. Also, my scar is wide, and not straight and much longer than he and I agreed to before the surgery.