Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, and Lipo 10 Days out

I'm 42 years old. I have 4 kids, and I lost 65...

I'm 42 years old. I have 4 kids, and I lost 65 pounds about 7 years ago. I workout faithfully and as a reward for my hard work, my sweet husband sold his Corvette so I could have some work done.

I'm 10 days out now from having a tummy tuck, breast reconstruction and augmentation and lipo on my inner/outer thighs, flanks, hips, back, sides. Had I written a few days ago, I would have yelled at everyone not to do so much at once. The first week was really, REALLY hard. Even with the pain pills, I was in constant pain. And even now I can't really get comfortable. I have been sleeping in a recliner and still don't know when I will get back to my Tempurpedic bed.

The pain is definitely more tolerable now although the swelling is still terrible, especially in my thighs and pubic area. I wasn't expecting how swollen and hard the tissue would be. My doctor said people usually get swollen the first few days , but I really didn't even start getting swollen until 3 or 4 days out. And now at 10 days out, I haven't noticed much of the swelling going down, although my husband says it has. I'm wearing the compression garment too which doesn't help with comfort.

My doctor said my drains should hopefully come out at my 2 week appointment. I get the massage then as well. I can see that I am going to really enjoy the results, but the pain we women put ourselves through for beauty is ridiculouos! I'll post some pics soon.

Hopemary Would you be willing to tell me the cost of the Mommy Makeover? I have gone to another Dr. and his price was around 16,500. I'm wondering if it's worth a consult from Dr Crofts. It's hard for me to take extra time off work for consults, is the cost of yours much different?
I would love to see pics since I will be getting a tummy tuck within a month. I am also in Utah County.
Hey KrissyK, The first week was.. and Im not gonna lie.. but pure hell. Every time I got up to go to the bathroom, i felt like my body was sliding off of me. The drains were pinned on my shirt and the pain pump was in a purse that i had to carry around. So many people told me that the first couple of days are the worst. They were so right!! I am almost 3 weeks post op and beyond thrilled with the results. they are a lot better then I thought. the scar from my tummy tuck is low and my breasts look real. i have gotten so many compliments on them. I went to 3 consultations. the first PS seemed like he was in a rush. the second was kind of rude and told me that he wouldn't perform a tummy tuck on a smoker and how smoking is bad.. blah blah. (I use to be a smoker). The third PS was the one!! His bedside manner was above and beyond and the staff were so welcoming and helpful. He is a true artist and i am so happy that i chose him. i would recommend him to anyone and everyone. I will try and post pictures as soon as i can!!
Orem Plastic Surgeon