Abdominoplasty and Liposuction - Ellicott City, MD

I finally have a flat stomach that I was never...

I finally have a flat stomach that I was never able to acheive with exercise and diet. Even before having children I never had a flat stomach--it's just not in my genes. I wish I would have done it in my 20's and saved myself years of hating my body and starving myself.

You're pics look great! Thanks for sharing them!

Yes. I am preparing for summer!!! My email is {Edited}. Thanks!

{Edited by Kirsty: Please do not put personal contact information into public forums. This information can be divulged via private message}

Hi - I live in the Northern Virginia area and have been searching for the best plastic surgeon in the area. I have been visiting the realself.com website more frequently and have come across your post. I would love to see your pictures of your tummy tuck experience with Dr. M if you wouldn't mind sharing - as I also am considering using him. As you know this is a huge step and you never want to trust your body to just anyone. Thanks so much for your time - and I look forward to hearing from you. If you could email me back at {Edited}

P.S. - I have also left this same msg. on a post for 8106anon - as you both used the same doc. Thanks again!

Washington 5,
I used Dr. M too. U are welcome to look at the pics on my page and ask me questions also. I just had surge on 2/28 so I'm about 17 days out. Have u met with Dr M?? Viewed his sight??
I have not met with him yet? Still doing my homework on just the right physician. How long out once you meet with the dr does the scheduling for the surgery take place? Congratulations on your TT!
You look great - how do you feel? I know I won't have the money until May but don't really want to recover in the dead of Summer either. So I'm not for sure if I should wait until after summer. I'm open to any suggestions you may have.
Thank you! I am making it. Feel like i washiy bu a semi truck at first. I have to take more pics.
To be honest Iet with 2 and had looked into a total of 4. I am a visual person and I actually found Dr M before I even found real self. I knew no one that went to him and his pictures confirmed ( before&afters) for it for me before I ever even met him.
Once Iet him I was like okay- I'm feeling him. I recc meeting him and his staff and having a consultation. He listens to you and u a genuine with his recommendations!
Scheduling depends on you honey- and your deposit and whether ur financing or pay g cash. I pAid cash. My consult was in December mademy deposit right around Christmas and was scheduled. I could have done earlier than 2/28 but I am getting my masters and I chose the period where I had a one week break!
In no way would I paint a fancy pic for you- I would not do this in the mid of summer. I had a breast reduction a frw years over the summer and it was hurredous! Realistically complete swelling tongpndpwn tales about 3-4 months. U want to show off during the summer not in sweats because of swelling. I would wait until fall- winter if I were you.
Darn - I figured you would advise me to wait - I have been wanting this for so long. But I guess a few more months won't hurt. I see that he is a little more expensive than the average - but I guess you get what you pay for essentially. Do you remember the other doctors you looked into - I saw another one in Baltimore named Samir Shureih - did you happen to look into him?
I don't wanna clutter her page! Come over to mine;)
Wow! This is Great! Anon, if seems like your experience turned out great. I am scheduled with Dr. M in a month and I am soooo excited, yet nervous at the same time! I am having an extended mini tummy tuck and lipo. I didn't want to do through the healing process over the summer, that's horrible, I had a breast reduction on august 2003 and it was horrible- with the weather being so hot and sticky. Do you have any pics?
A New Me--How exciting! My husband and I were talking today how much the surgery has changed our lives/relationship for the better. It's going to be awesome! I would be happy to email you some pics if you send your email address. I was only nervous the day of surgery, but since you've already done a breast reduction, you've already lived through those jitters. Northwest hospital nurses were the nicest and Dr. M is so nice and calm. You really will have a great experience. I hope you are putting away a little extra money for some new summer clothes! It is so much more fun to go shopping post surgery--a little too much fun :)
Hi - I live in the Northern Virginia area and have been searching for the best plastic surgeon in the area. I have been visiting the realself.com website more frequently and have come across your post. I would love to see your pictures of your tummy tuck experience with Dr. M if you wouldn't mind sharing - as I also am considering using him. As you know this is a huge step and you never want to trust your body to just anyone. Thanks so much for your time - and I look forward to hearing from you. If you could email me back at heather.carey76@gmail.com

thanks,
Heather
No problem, I'll send you my before and after pics. Good luck with your decision. They are terrific there. You'll see by my results that they do a great job!
Awesome - cant wait to see.
Hi, I know it probably seems high, but sometimes you get what you pay for and if anything, your health is worth it. I actually spent $20,000, but had lipo of several other areas at the same time, so I didn't know what to put down for cost as far as just the abdominoplasty, so I just estimated it (taking $2K off per site). I am using a credit co. (thru their office) which offered no interest for a year. They did general anethesia. The recovery was what I expected after talking to a friend who had a tummy tuck (and I've had 2 c-sections). If you've had a c-section I think it's easier than if you've never had any abdominal surgery (then it's probably more of a shock to you). It hurts to get up and move the first few days but then it gets easier. The first day was the only day it really hurt (and that was only when you got up to move around which was crutial) and after that the drugs were fine. I had a pain pump too. It all seems so long ago (even though it hasn't even been 6 months). But I can tell you it is definitely worth it. I have had so many people tell me how great I look and I'm just not one of those people who really cares about that type of thing all that much. But who doesn't want a compliment? :) You just feel a lot better about yourself and I feel alot like my old self--before I had kids. Good luck!
thank you, I love your insight. It really makes me feel good about choosing to go ahead with the tummy tuck. before seeing dr. M, I had a dr tell me I could just use some lipo and I would be happy enough. then I went to a female dr in Jersey and she really realed me in, I had decided to go with just lipo. I left a deposit and all, but when I really thought about how I would still have the stretch marks and there was no guarantee of the skin retracting enough. I think i'm going with the tummy tuck. I'll just have to get over the fear and the small deposit I lost.
No problem. Any ?'s just ask. Dr. M's office has a list of other patients that are happy to answer your questions too. He really treats you like family--giving you his cell phone # to call after your surgery with any questions you may have! Northwest hospital has all private rooms which is nice too and all those stretch marks will be history. Make sure you schedule it in enough time so you can enjoy next summer! I did it in late spring and cut it too close :). As far as the money lost, you should consider it would be a lot more lost if you went ahead with just lipo and it didn't turn out the way you wanted. It might be good, but you would still have stretch marks. I can tell you the areas I had lipo'd look ok--definitely better--this is 6 mo afterwards- but nothing like where the tummy tuck was done. Nowhere near as tight. Dr. M does an awesome tummy tuck. I had an extended tummy tuck, so the scar is from hip to hip, but there is no muffin top either. You just have to be prepared to suck it up for a good 2 weeks and the 3rd is pretty easy. And be able to pay for it. Then the rest of your life is great :)
hi, great! I'm so happy for you and so happy you posted because I went to see Dr. M in the summer, he is very nice. the only thing was his pricing was a little high. I was quoted almost $17,000 for mine. a little out of budget for me. how was your recovery experience as far as pain and what kind of anesthesia he you use?
Well no more hating your body. You will now enjoy your tight flat tummy; it is a wonderful feeling and so much fun to buy clothes. Glad to hear you are feeling so well and happy with your results.