Tummy Tuck is 100% Worth It!

1 week post op!! After my second son I decided...

1 week post op!!

After my second son I decided to have a tummy tuck. I have two beautiful boys but gained 70 pounds with both leaving me with unwanted skin. I worked out 3-5 days a week, Pilates, strengthening etc but nothing seemed to get rid of the loose skin around by naval. I decided to have a tummy tuck to get my body back where I remembered it.

A few weeks prior to my surgery I was a nervous wreck. I cried several times of the thought of something going wrong. Not some much with the results, more with going under the knife and something drastically happening causing me to leave my husband and sons. I actually got so nervous I was considering cancelling the procedure. I know it is a terrible thought but it entered my mind. It is crazy because I had two other cosmetic surgeries before but that was pre kids and I guess that changes everything.

If you are considering a tummy tuck, go for it. Do not listen to anyone about the pain or recovery because it really is dependent on how you as an individual handle pain. I had 2 c-sections and would compare the pain comparable to them. After my tt I was sent home and laid in bed for the rest of the day. My husband drained my tubes and watched over me for 24 hours. Day 2, I was up (doctor’s orders) and from there each day got better and better. I am now 1 week post surgery and making great progress.
I watched my son’s baseball game last night and able to drive. I am still slightly hunched over but am confident that I will be standing straight very soon.

My advice to you is, "It is normal to be nervous", “do not listen to anyone negative about plastic surgery horror stories (their jealous)", “find a board certified doctor that you have no doubts about”, and GO FOR IT. You deserve to have the body you want!

Gemini