I'm Taking the Mommy Makeover Plunge!! Tulsa, OK

I have decided to take the Mommy Makeover plunge! ...

I have decided to take the Mommy Makeover plunge! I, like so many others, have been on this site scouring everyone's stories, pictures, and journeys to their new bodies for the past month. It's amazing to see all the support from everyone on here...a family of sorts. Anyway, a little about me...I'm 34, mother to two great kids (6 yrs. & 18 mos.) and wife to the sweetest man. I originally started looking at Breast Augmentation and soon came across the Mommy Makeover. I, also, have more than one area that needs the hands of time to turn back...so I really began to seek out these reviews. Not only have I had two children, but I have lost some weight a couple of times and know that has contributed to some of my problem areas too. A year or so before having my daughter, I had lost 75 lbs. Of course, getting Pg changed that...and then a year or so after that I lost 65 lbs. and was at my smallest (weighing about 150 lbs.). I was able to keep that off for a few years and then got Pg with my son. I gained more weight with him too. It has been harder to loose the weight this time around. Right now I'm at 180...my goal is to loose maybe 10 lbs. by my surgery date.
I had my consultation Monday and was very comfortable and knew right away that this was the Dr. I wanted. He was very knowledgeable and did not put any kind of pressure on me and my husband. Answered all my questions. His wife is the RN and she is wonderful! I was concerned that I was going to need a Breast lift with the Augmentation...which he confirmed that I did...and he explained how that was done and why I needed it. We also discussed a tummy tuck and that I would need an extended tummy tuck, but since that was going to take a little longer in surgery he did not feel that we should do them together with the BL/BA because I would be under too long. So, my MM will be in stages...first the BL/BA and then the TT, which is fine with me b/c I'm such a pain wimp. After my husband and I discussed the $$ aspect I called today and scheduled the BL/BA for July 31st!! I'm so excited and a little nervous! I wanted to share my journey with all of you since I have been so engrossed with all of yours. Plus, I haven't told many people...I just told my dad and his wife this evening and that's about it so far. It went really well too, and they were happy for me...so yay! My husband is very supportive...in fact he is the one that said to start looking into it if I really wanted to do it. I'll post some before pics soon. Now the "hurry up and wait" begins. This will probably be the longest month ever!!

I've got my Pre-op scheduled!!

So I have my Pre-Op appt. scheduled!! I still can't hardly believe I'm doing this yet. I'm so ready though. I've finally mustard up the courage to put some before pics up. You will see that, not only are my boobs saggy, they have asymmetry issues too. Sooo not cool!

Vacation from work is Approved!

Yay! My vacation from work is approved! Things are getting real! Ahhh!!! I haven't told anyone at my work about the surgery...I feel it's none of their business. I have told my family and they are all supportive, and that makes me feel good. Plus, I work with mostly men and I really don't feel confident enough to tell them "Hey, I'm getting a boob job!" If they notice (which is possible and probable) and ask I don't plan on denying it. Anyway, I feel like July is going to sooo slow, but then in a way like it will fly by too and I'll be leaving my house for the surgical center. I'm going to try and take some more before pics so I'll something to compare to after it's over. I really want to be able to compare the difference of what I look like in some of my tops! Ladies, what kinds of things should I be getting for after the BL/BA is over? I'm so glad I have somewhere to talk about this, with so many women. Thank you all for being there for me and each other!

More before pics...

So, I decided to take some before pics of myself in a couple tops. Now I'll have something to compare after the BA/BL. I try not to think about the up coming surgery too much, but when I do I get butterflies in my stomach. This next week I am planning to start some deep cleaning so I can come back home to a clean house. The time is starting to go by quickly now! I've been trying to record movies and tv shows that I can watch after the surgery too...plus getting a few books to read as well! I hope all the ladies that have recently gone through surgery are healing well!

5 days to go!!

Yep, that's right, 5 days!! I didn't get any sleep last night...I kept thinking about all the things I need to get done before surgery. So, to relax my mind I went and had a mani/pedi today...and boy did it feel good! I'm all ready for Thursday! Let's do this!!
Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

Wow i totally get how your feeling, I'm on day 11 post op & man did I have nervousness, sleepless nights & I never really told anyone so this site has been so helpful for me! Good luck with the rest of your journey! It will go just fine:)
Thank you! This site has really been helpful in this process. It's good to actually speak to women that have experienced what I'm going through at this point. You look fabulous for 11 days PO too!
My BA is July 31st as well!! Good luck with your surgery. Also, I visited Tulsa back in May and it's a beautiful place!
Yay! Surgery buddies! Can you believe it's only a week away!! This time next week we'll be in surgery...it's getting real! Where you here for business or pleasure?
Pleasure. A band that I have loved since I was 10 is from Tulsa and they have a weekend long event for their fans in May. It was an amazing place and I can't wait to go back next year!
Sounds awesome! So glad you enjoyed Tulsa!
How exciting! These 4 weeks are going to fly by! I have to do my labs one week and then schedule my pre op so that's already 2 weeks of stuff I gotta do which is already making me feel cramped for time. It's so close c'mon July 30th & 31st woowoo! ;)
I just called and scheduled a consult with Dr. Rubis. I was wondering which procedures the price you listed includes? I know you said you were doing it in stages. I am planning on getting a mommy makeover as well, and I am curious about how much it is going to cost. Good luck to you on your surgery next month and keep us updated!
The $7700 is for a Breast Lift/Breast Aug. That's what I have scheduled for July 31st. Dr. Rubis was concerned that the surgery would be too long to have me under to add the TT as well...especially b/c I need and extended TT. He does offer a discount if you pay cash. The TT that was quoted for me was around $8000 and that will be my 2nd stage. I will definitely keep updating...I have to talk to someone and I think my hubby sometimes gets tired of me talking about it. Lol! Anywhoo...let us know how your consult goes!
Thanks for the info! My consult isn't for another month but I will let you know how it goes. I understand about needing someone to talk to...my husband is supportive but doesn't really want to talk about it.
When I scheduled my consult it was about a month out and it took forever it seemed for it to get here! It was all I could think about and I was on RS every chance I could get. My husband teased me about it...and I told him that I just wanted to prepare myself for whatever might happen. I can talk to him, but it's not like talking to women that have experienced this or are going to. We need our girlfriends!
I have a friend who knows people who went to Dr Ratliff but I read some good and bad reviews on him. Dr. Rubis has excellent reviews.
I've had implants before and have to have a capsuleectomy. I m thinking that why the $5,000 extra than quoted? His work looks amazing but I'm pretty sure I'm set on his work. I've never had a dr charge me extra for financing though. I'm trying to just pay cash than pay them a $1,000 on top of my surgery loan interest ya know. I believe he's worth the price but it's just a big difference than first quoted.
She did say it could be extra if he had to do the capsulectomy but that extra $5000 has swayed me away from the implants. I will for sure have him to the tummy tuck. His scars are almost perfect. Any idea what he charges for the TT?
Interesting. I agree, he does excellent work and is very concerned with patient health. I was thinking of going to Dr. Ratliff, but after speaking with a nurse friend of mine, who recommended 2 other drs. (One being Dr. Rubis...and I'm so glad!). I don't remember the exact quote I got for the TT, but I think was around $8000.
I'm glad you posted this. They are charging me close to $11000 for a lift and implants. I'm having them exchanged so not sure why it's so much:( it's $10,000 if I pay cash and $11,000 for financing. I'm just forgetting the implants and during the lift. I didn't plan on $11,000. They quoted me $6500 over the phone. Not sure what happened. Good luck!!
Wow! That does seem high. You may want to go to a different surgeon...get another opinion or two? I'd even ask them to explain why the cost is so high. Good luck to you too!
I'm glad you have some supportive people around you. And I'm also so happy that you decided to share your story here on RealSelf. Welcome to the community!
Thank you!
Congratulations to you! I am a mommy of 2 little girls and am getting BA July 30th. AAAh the anticipation!
I know, right?!!! Some of the time it doesn't seem quite real that going to have this done...and then others I get the butterflies in my stomach b/c I can't wait!
Yep that's how I feel. I just wanna wake up and look at my gauze wrapped boobies already! The wait is killer! Well I can't wait to see the final results!
I agree completely!