Smart Lipo on Thighs, Abs, Flanks

Pros: Outpatient, awake during procedureFaster...

Pros: Outpatient, awake during procedure
Faster recovery time

Why i did it: lifelong battle with something i couldn't "fix"

My procedure was April 1 (yes, April Fools Day)...

My procedure was April 1 (yes, April Fools Day) 2010. It is now April 3. This was no April fools day prank or joke. I couldn't be happier. Didn't expect to see these results this soon.

I had realistic expectations to begin with. I'm 5'6 and 145 pounds. I've had two children, they are 4 and 7. One was a C-section, so this pain was not unfamiliar. Very similar, but so worth it!

I've had this family curse of being bottom heavy, or pear shaped. Yes the hour glass curves are ok, but a little much for me. I'm totally unhappy and obsessed with worrying about what to wear to cover up my hips and thighs while trying to show off my decent waistline. I had realistic expectations going in to this. I've never been a stick thin swimsuit model, nor do i ever want to be. I've always been athletic and accepted my "thick" lower half. It just comes to a point when it's so frustrating wearing such dramatically different sizes of clothing for the top and bottom half of my body! I only want to be able to throw something on without having to overthink how it will make my lower half appear. I also had cellulite before and if there is any improvement in it post operatively, well, that's just bonus in my book. Just the huge difference in size and shape at this point has been miraculous to me!

I would definitely have someone with you the first day, especially the following morning for showering and changing bandages. Getting that garment back on the first time is challenging! I truly feel the arnica gel and tablets have helped reduce bruising and swelling tremendously.

I did take before pictures the night before and will post them along with my after pictures. I plan to take some after pictures later today (it's only 4 am now, i couldn't sleep becuase i'm really excited!).

Dr. William Guthrie

The Dr. and his staff are professional yet personable. They take plenty of time from consultation, through the procedure, and post operatively. I appreciate the fact that they won't just take anyone on as a patient just because they walk through the door with money in hand. He wants them to be realistic and I appreciate that! He knows exactly what to recommend and how to get the best outcome.

I dont mean to be negative, but you had a great figure before the procedure. I am disappointed a doctor allowed you to have the surgery because you were not fat at all. Just so you know, guys like a woman to have curves...small waist to wider hips is the hour glass figure that guys prefer. The after pictures do not look bad, but a much more boyish figure. Again, I am not trying to be negative, but you had great curves before...disappointing now.
Sad that for some reason you felt this wasnt 'normal.'
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? YOu had an amazing body before you had curves ass y would you do that to yourself your body was a gift. There nothing i would change in that body. Dam but now your butt looks small. I bet you are latin because a body so beautiful can only come from latin blood. YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
how many areas did you have treated?
I had 3 sets of holes. He treated my outer thighs, abs, and hips (that little bit of muffin top that would have been more obvious if he had only done the outer thighs.
You look amazing and your shape is that of a swimsuit model! Amazing results, most people don't see much after a few days... You're results are truly unbelievable and I imagine it will keep getting better! Good for you and thank you so much for posting your results and pics! I'm in SoCal and would consider traveling for a Doc that can deliver these kinds of results. Would you mind sending me your Doc's info? I tried googling but a few different names came up. Thanks again and good luck with rest of recovery!
I'm very impressed. I've been active all my adult life and hoped my saddle bags & cellulite would decreas by exercising but, it has yet to happen. I'm 51. Do you bruise easily? Is the bruising going away pretty good now? Tell me about this garment.
Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile...been so busy at work. I would say I'm average concerning bruising. Honestly, the pain and recovery was a little more than I expected, but nothing I couldn't handle. I'm just over 2 weeks post op now and I'm still sore but getting better everyday. Like I said, I've been extremely busy at work and keeping up w/2 young kids' activities! Bruising is nearly gone now. The garment! It's a love/hate relationship. It feels so good to get it off, but it's not too long before I want it back on. It's been the biggest hassle of all!! You have to build in extra time to accommodate getting it on and off each day, sometimes multiple times a day. I still say it's been well worth any pain, inconvenience, and price to get rid of the "untouchable" areas! I may or may not see cellulite improvement in the end, but just to feel better about my appearance and be able to look great in my clothes is priceless to me. I'm a mom not a swimsuit model and my doctor has just surpassed my expectations. Still happy! Good luck with your decision!
you look truly amazing!!! I had my consultation yesterday but im not sure to go ahead with it but after seeing you, i think i will!!! xx
Not sure where you are from, or who your consultation was with, but I got what i thought were great results. I didn't expect perfection, but for my body type I almost feel perfect!! Good luck with your decision!
Thank you! So far I couldn't be happier. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking it's a dream...it kind of is. A dream come true!
ME TOO! I'm glad I did it as well. =) I keep looking back at my pics and am in awe on how I look now and it's only been 3 days!
I am considering the exact procedures that you had. I am "thick" on the bottom too. What is the doctor's name that did your surgery and do they have a website? You look great!

Hi Salsa,

The doctor's name is shown at the top of the review. You must be signed in to your RealSelf account and then it will appear automatically for you. Hope this helps!

Thank you. I used {edited} from Brookside Cosmetic Surgery in Tulsa. I was very nervous going into it, seeing thousands of before and after pictures on the internet sites...some good and some not so good. I was put at ease from the beginning. He could be a stand up comedian, he is so funny and personable, but most importantly he does great work. He knows what he's doing and how to advise someone. I originally thought i only needed smart lipo on the saddlebags, but he helped me understand that once those were gone, my hips and belly (although not terrrible) would look much larger. He knew what he was talking about! I'm still ecstatic. The soreness and pain is totally worth it. I would do it all over again. Good luck with your decision.

Edited by Sharon: We've added your provider info to the review. Thanks!
oh, yes their website is www.brooksidecosmeticsurgery.com Although i never saw any before and after pictures on their site, which was what i wanted, they advertise the Smart Lipo procedure as one of their specialties on tv often. That's how i learned of them first. then during the consultation i was able to see his patients' before and afters...which all look great. Everything just felt right and i went for it. Wish i had done this sooner!
WOW! You look fantastic! Hope you have a speedy recovery! =)