Breast reduction

I was a flat chested fifth grader and by the time...

I was a flat chested fifth grader and by the time I started middle school I was a D cup. At 38 years old and size 38G I finally had a breast reduction, and just like I've heard many others say, I should have done it sooner! What finally got me motivated and out of being too shy to even get a consultation was when my 14yo son was referred to Dr.Rubis for removal of a cyst next to his eye. He was awesome! My son was scared and Dr. Rubis explained everything in a soft calm voice and after even made him laugh. With the pamphlet's on breast reduction all over the office and seeing his bedside manner first hand I finally had enough courage to call. I'm not even two weeks out from surgery and my neck and shoulder pain is already gone! I am so happy with the results and can't wait to go out and buy those pretty bra and pantie sets. They just don't exist in size 38G!
Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

Don't know if this will make you feel better or worse... Or, you may already know about it. But, I just found the Q&A menu on the main BR page. Scroll down and on the right side of the page is a list in gray with key words. http://www.realself.com/breast-reduction/answers
I've looked at some of the pictures and it helps me realize it could be much worse!
How are you doing now? I see it's been a few weeks since you posted anything. Hope all is well.
I'm bummed right now. After many weeks the separation finally closed completely and I was so happy! A few days later my lower breast became painful, red, and hot to the touch. Then it popped open and pus just shot out. Nasty! A new area opened up and its raw and painful. I'm on antibiotics and pain medicine....again! So darn frustrating:/
Oh, Sweetie (I'm Southern, hope you don't mind), I am so sorry you are feeling bad right now. But, you have every right to be bummed. Bad deal you got going at this point. I am sure it will get better. Wish the RS site had a way to log, or keep, reviews we've read. Because, I just read a review during the last few days from a lady who had several spots open. She had the same yukky crap you're going through. She checked with her doc.....treated them as directed by the doc...and they healed, actually pretty quick. Hoping for the same for you. It will get better. And I'll be thinking of you.
So sorry you are going through this. I have had the same situation and it took me 6 weeks to heal. Hang in there. It will get better.
Wow.happy for u I am a 34 ff myself n hope I can have one oneday.
I hope you can too. It is totally worth the effort put out in making it happen. Good luck in your pursuit!
Thanks
Congrats
Welcome to the Other Side !
you are doing great, enjoy your new body.
Thanks:)
So glad your recovery has been good! I am 8 days post op and feel well considering I'm bruised and swollen. And I still have drainages. Did you have drainages?
Luckily my doctor said he very rarely uses drains anymore! Today makes two weeks out. Have one area at the areola incision that has split open a bit. Other than that lookin good:)