DDD to C - Tulsa, OK

I am 4'11" 110lbs and I had a 34DDD. It....

I am 4'11" 110lbs and I had a 34DDD. It. Was. Awful. I always had back and neck pain, which resulted in vicious migraines since the age of 13. When I had my children I grew even bigger with breast milk, I was adamant about breast feeding, so I just let myself suffer through the pain. While laying down they would fall into my armpits, so I was actually more comfortable sleeping with a bra on. When I was jogging or exercising, I'd wear a regular bra, with a sports bra over that, because neither one was enough by itself. It was very uncomfortable, and I found myself becoming less and less active.

I finally had enough, I went for my consultation AS SOON as I stopped breast feeding my second child at 9mos old. He instructed me to call and schedule 6mos after breastfeeding stopped. I did exactly that, and had my breast reduction 9/14/11.

I do not have one regret. The relief was instant, the process was comfortable, and Im only 4wks post op and they look great! I wouldn't even call my recovery painful, it would be better described as uncomfortable. I am now a 34C and clothes and bras fit beautifully. I cant wait to fully recover so I can get back to active life I love.

Congratulations! I'm glad that everything went so smoothly for you! Can I be nosey and asky why you went to Tulsa for a doctor? I'm just curious. Seems like us mid-westerners always seem to think we should go to one of the coasts to get top-notch care. Though I've been quite pleased with my doctor!

Welcome to RealSelf and thank you for sharing your journey.  You are a tiny little lady so I know that was hard carrying the load around.   Been there and done that:(

Your doctor sounds amazing and so quick to respond via skype and phone.  That is so nice!

It sounds like you have done really well and healing up quickly.  I love reading journeys like this.  Do keep us up to date and feel free to share any tips for recovery.  The ladies here love it when they can talk to someone who has gone through the process issue free.

The 34 C is a perfect size.  You should have some fun shopping soon!

Dr. James Koehler

I don't have any complaints in any area. I actually live in CA and my surgeon is in Tulsa, OK. His staff scheduled everything perfectly to suit my flight schedules. I stayed in town with family for 10days and he released me to go home. Now I email pictures, have appointments with him on Skype, and I'll go in to see him next time I'm in town. Because he is so far away I got a little paranoid when I noticed a little redness. I emailed pictures, and within 15min he was calling me to discuss it. It turned out to be a little allergic reaction to the tape he used, and it has already subsided after a little hydrocortisone cream.