28 Yrs Old, 2 Kids, Breast Augmentation and Liposuction on Abdomen and Flanks. Tulsa, OK

I decided to have liposuction done on my abdomen...

I decided to have liposuction done on my abdomen and flanks and get some bigger boobs while I was at it. :) I had 500 cc saline high profile implants under the muscle. I just wanted to share my experience as it seems everybody on here has had a pretty easy go of things. When I woke up from surgery, I was in pain and my pectoral muscles felt sooo tight, it was so uncomfortable. I was freaking out a little bit. They gave me a pain pill and got me ready to go home. I live an hour and a half from where I had surgery so I stayed in a hotel so I could go to my post op appointment the next morning. My mom and boyfriend got me settled in at the hotel and I was still in a lot of pain. My pectoral muscles were just so tight and I wanted to take a muscle relaxer but they said I couldn't take one for 24 hours after surgery. I ended up calling the doctor's office because the pain meds were not working and he said I could double up on them. So I did and that didn't seem to work so that evening my mom paged the doctor and he called in something else. That worked ok. My arms also felt tingly like they were about to go to sleep which was very annoying. The next day I went to my post op appointment. The nurse put a band around the top of my boobs to help push the muscles down. I had bruises under my armpits, and my thighs and butt were very very bruised. We went home and I continued to double up on the pain pills for the next 2 days so I was pretty much passed out the whole time. On the 4th day post op I started to come out of my drugged up stupor. Day 4 and 5 were filled with crying and wishing I hadn't done it. I didn't like being uncomfortable, I didn't like not being able to take care of my children, I just wanted to feel back to normal and get a good night's sleep. My arms were still feeling tingly and it was driving me insane!!! I had taken so many pain meds that I was having a hard time getting out of the haze that they cause. But my mom made me feel better and by the end of day 5 I was feeling ok. I put some make-up on and we got out of the house for a bit. Now it is day 6 post op and I'm feeling ok. Still not completely convinced that I made the right decision yet but I feel like the haze from the pain pills has lifted. I woke up feeling pretty sore because I can only sleep on my back. My problem is now I have sharp pains down in the fatty area above my vagina and it hurts! Not sure why as it is Sunday so I can't call the doctor's office. I will continue to update as I heal!
Tulsa Plastic Surgeon

I love Dr Miller and have no complaints!

Hi jen198555! I had the same combo of procedures 17 days ago. I had lipo on my abdomen,flanks,and bra roll along with breast implants. It has been quite the roller coaster! Some days I'm happy and feel good about my results, and some days I'm crying and questioning my decision. I think it happens to most of us and is all part of the recovery process. Try to hang in there! I hope your recovery eases up on you and your results make it all worth it!
Congrats&Happy Healing!
This happens to a lot of patients . It depends upon person to person. Your body will take time to settle down. Once it does I am sure you will feel thats it was worth while.
Sounds like u have had a tough go of it do far. Hope things improve drastically in the next couple of days. Good luck.
Thank you!