I'm In the Process of Getting the Sleeve Done I'm 28 Yrs. Old Diabetic & Mother of 2 & Wife :) - Tucson, AZ

I'm currently in the process of getting the spider...

I'm currently in the process of getting the spider sleeve in a few months. I'm 5'7'' currently weight 230lbs. and my goal weight is 140 I miss doing karate, kick boxing and playing softball. I love weight lifting too! I can't' wait to get back to doing the sports i love and grew up doing....my body change sooo much, both kids were c-section, ive had a tubal so no more kids for us! I'm SOOOO EXCITED and motivated i just get super impatient but reading and seeing everyone's results keep me going. I'm enjoying everyone's stories and tips they have been soo helpful! Thanks for that :) I will keep a journal through here and post pics and I progress :) Happy Healing to all!!!!

Hi there, welcome! Have you set a surgery date yet?

I've never heard of the spider sleeve, is this different to a normal VSG?
Congratulations on the decision to reclaim your life and health! Can you please give a little more information on the "spider sleeve" please?
Yes it is new, my doctor currently performs this only on women because men have too much fat in the chest area, and device he uses opens inside u like a spider! :) he makes one incision through the belly button and does the gastric sleeve. The difference is in the entrance only one hole! I'm very excited once I have surgery done I will put pictures up !

Excited for my Nutritionist appt on Thursday Feb. 20th 2014

I'm very excited and wonder what I will be learning. I know we will be talking about eating habits, how much I currently eat & what I eat. My husband will be taking me it's a 2 hr. drive from where we live, My mom will be watching my kids we have a 3yr. old daughter and 1 yr. old son. They are quiet the handful! My doc hasn't scheduled surgery yet. I need to complete my insurance requirements which include, 3 months of dieting with my pcp, a visit with a RD (registered dietitian) an EGD which is scheduled March 4th..

I'm feeling very depressed, can't seem to get anything done around the house whatsoever, Cant wait to get this show on the road!

I'd like to hear what any of you have gone through playing the waiting game like I am....Thanks again for taking time to read my story and follow me I really need all the support I can get! Or if you have been through anyone of these weight loss surgeries I'd love to hear from u and your story :) HAPPY HEALING EVERYONE!

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Your nutritionist appointment is coming up soon. Good luck with that. Safe travels. Once you get started on the weight loss process, time will pass more quickly.
Thanks for the extra info, very interesting!

Good luck with your nutritionist appointment, I hope it goes well! The waiting game can be tough, but don't get too down on yourself. You have an end goal, work towards that, spend the pre-op weeks rying to change your eating habits, exercise habits and researching everything you can.
aww thank uuuu sooo much !!! cant wait!

u can follow me at mommyof2

i accidentally did two different bogs or reviews..... not sure but ill be on the other one so u can follow me at 28 year old mother of 2 in need of a mommy makeover! sorry about that ladies!!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Tucson Bariatric Surgeon

This is who I will be having surgery with :)