A Little Younger - Tucson, AZ

I had my blephoroplasty done by Dr. Robert Dryden...

I had my blephoroplasty done by Dr. Robert Dryden a year ago and it came out beautifully. The thing I liked so much about him was that he has been doing surgery for somewhere around 43 years- and he teaches. Dr. Dryden stays up with all the trends and knows what works and what is fleeting. He is a pioneer in bio-identical hormones, and is keeping up with stem cell research. I like that he doesn't stop learning and utilizing current techniques. He isn't "set in his ways". That having been said-

When my daughter noticed my neck beginning to sag and my jowls making their debut- I decided, I didn't want to be the oldest looking mom at my childs school. I went back to Dr Dryden, I am five days post op- things are going great. A little more swelling has occurred than I would like but that is my body reacting, not the docs work. I think it's going to be beautiful- it already looks great. Dr. Dryden was very honest with me regarding longevity of the procedure- being anywhere from 2 to 7 years depending on my genes, and how I care for myself.

Dr Dryden was also very realistic about the recovery time and let me know it really does depend on "you and your own personal healing time". Most ads say "back to work in a couple days"... perhaps for some but expect at least a week.

I would say Dr. Dryden was very informative. He listened to my concerns and addressed each one thoroughly.

Dr. Dryden and his staff went above and beyond the call of duty. I was an out of town patient and he, along with his fellow Dr. Bloomfield (I hope I am spelling that correctly), drove me to my hotel personally and made sure I had everything I needed to be comfortable and safe.

I was given Dr. Dryden's home, his cell and his pager number in the event of any questions or concerns. There was no need. In fact he called me and checked in on me.

Everything has gone smoothly and I am already pleased. I am 43 and I look 34...just five days out. I couldn't ask for better than that. I will post before and afters when I can. My advice is to have realistic expectations based on yourself- and if you are 43, you don't need to look 25 to age gracefully... the windtunnel look is very unattractive and sad and even a little desperate looking. Be beautiful from the inside- and the out will take care of itself (with a little help).

Hi JXX -- Thanks for writing such a helpful review. I'm glad your surgery went so well. Sorry our rating system doesn't offer 6 stars. ;)

I am 10 days post op today and got my stitches out. It felt a little weird and pinched a little but the docs were very good with me. Everything looks great. I have a little swelling and a bruise that is being a little stubborn but I am still very happy. I noticed on the doc's office door- I did spell Dr. Blumfield's name incorrectly in my original post. I hope this helps anyone interested in a mini facelift. It was worth it-

Thanks for the update. It sounds like you're progressing well! :)

Tucson Oculoplastic Surgeon

If I could give him six stars- I would. He is truly magnificent.