Freedom at Last! Four Year Post-Op - Tucson, AZ

Most of siblings had gotten this done, and while I...

Most of siblings had gotten this done, and while I loved wearing cute glasses, I really got tired of the limitations eyewear put on me as far as rock climbing, softball, and running. I had tired of misplacing glasses, dealing with contact dryness, scheduling eye appointments, shoving loose glasses up my nose. I also had anxiety at night that someone would come in and I wouldn't be able to see.

My colleague got it done at Hodges a few months before I was planning to get it done. She highly recommended them. I scheduled an appointment with my regular optometrist the following week and he referred me to Hodges as well!

The whole process was exceptional. They explained what would happen and took their time checking and rechecking my information. I never felt rushed. I always felt like they were treating me as though it were their own eyes they would be operating on.

The procedure itself was a snap. My eyes were extremely watery, so my partner helped me to the car and tucked me in. I slept for a long time. The watering and light glows lasted for some time, which was annoying but worth it.

The hardest part were the light rings, or glowing, especially while driving or playing softball at night. These go away over time, but expect the annoyance for a while.

It's been four years and I highly recommend getting LASIK to anyone I have the chance to speak to about it. I love the freedom. Glasses, contacts, and poor eyesight in general were such a hassle and were holding me back from enjoying a lot of things in life. Oh, and I would recommend Hodges 100%!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Hodges Eye Care & Surgical Center

Absolutely fantastic on all fronts. My colleague and optometrist both recommended Hodges, and I'm so glad they did. They were perfect.