Grateful for Sculptra! - Tucson, AZ

I'm a 42 year old female After a traumatic...

I'm a 42 year old female

After a traumatic experience several years ago, I lost a lot of weight and it robbed me of a lot of things, one being my physical appearance. Having read all the mixed reviews on this site about Sculptra, I initially decided against it. Upon seeing Dr. Lo here in Tucson and discussing my desire for filler ( I'd mentally decided on Juvederm, after reading all the positive reviews.) I was thoroughly educated about Sculptra and encouraged to do further research. Dr. Lo himself has used the product as well as a member of his family. His personal use of the product was encouraging. He said that if i elected to have the procedure done, he recommended that I return in two weeks, which during that time I was asked to avoid all blood thinning products including any supplements that had blood thinning effects. He also recommended Arnica a few days prior to injection.

After cleansing my body of all things that have the potential to cause any type of bruising, I returned for my first injection of Sculptra. It was quick, but I'd be lying if I said it was painless, however, it was manageable. Dr. Lo was quick, but took his time assessing the correct sites to inject, even taking note of the side of my face that had more volume loss and compensating for that loss as needed. The way the product works is, you are able to see a brief preview of what the product will do for you further down the line. This temporary swelling Dissipates in a few days. I did bruise, but very little under my chin, which is an area that has always been sensitive on me. The amazing thing is, Dr. Lo injected me at the temples, ( be prepared the temples make a creepy crunching sound.) the nasal labial folds, the sides of my chin, and my cheeks, and the only place that I bruised, was under my chin. Wow! Just amazed by that alone, especially after reading how most people have fairly extensive bruising. This goes to show, selecting the right Dr. and following their advice is key. I've no doubt some bruise much worse regardless, but my personal experience was impressive.

When I returned for my second injection, I had just finished working an overnight shift and was exhausted! I will say, I recognized that my second injection was significantly more painful, but through no fault of Dr. Lo. I feel I need to mention this, as looking back I should've chosen my appointment time more wisely. In fact, I'd suggest to anyone having this done, to be sure you're well rested and hydrated. After my second round, I decided to ask Dr. Lo about Botox. I had Botox done twice in my lifetime and though I loved the effect of erasing my very deep smile lines, my husband made me promise not to continue getting Botox, for the simple reason that it heavily distorted my smile in such a way that I didn't look like myself. I was really struggling with how badly I'd aged, as it was a constant reminder of the circumstances that had caused my premature aging. On a whim, I asked Dr. Lo if there were more natural ways of injecting Botox around the eyes and forehead? Of course being as experienced as he is, in particular with the eye area, Dr. Lo replied, "absolutely!" That was all I needed to hear and so i decided on the Botox. I had the Botox on my forehead and around the eye's. I cant tell you enough how pleased I am with the very natural results. As requested, he injected me so that the deep smile lines are now gone, but he left me some natural creasing, his Technique is so good, that my husband noticed that my skin looked great, but was very much impressed that the skin smoothing effects were produced by Botox injections, which prior he'd been so put off by in the past.

I'm currently two and a half weeks out from my second injection of Sculptra and my husband has noticed the improvement, which I did not expect to be noticeable so soon. I'm feeling better each day I wake up. I'm seeing such positive results, that I may not even need the third injection. I look forward to seeing Dr. Lo again to find out. I also plan to look into under eye filer, and to fix my sagging neck. I'd like a no surgical approach and feel Confident that Dr. Lo will have the best suggestion for me.

If you live in Arizona and are interested in cosmetic procedures please don't hesitate to look into Dr. Lo., he's a positive and accomplished physician, who's understanding of what I was looking to achieve has exceeded my expectations. Dr. Lo is a true professional, personable and easy to talk to.

I will post before and after photos when my procedures are complete. Thanks for reading. I hope this review is helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

That is interesting about the crunching sound when your temples were injected. I'm curious if it was just a bit of air in the syringe or something else?

I know its still somewhat early in your Sculptra treatments, but are you able to see any changes in your facial volume?

Also, is the $800 for a single treatment of Sculptra, or what did that cost include?

The crunching sound is normal around the temples, due to how the skin and muscle react in that area. I did start to see volume, but have noticed if I allow myself to become Dehydrated that seems to affect things a great deal. I'm hopefully that this third injection will show even further improvement. It's actually $750 per each vile if you're doing all three treatments, and $800 for each if you're only doing a set of two. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much for this clarification & info - so helpful!! I'll be interested to hear how your 3rd treatment goes, hoping great!!

I've finished my series of three injections,...

I've finished my series of three injections, things are moving along nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing continuing results. I would recommend Dr Lo and his staff. Total cost of my procedure was 750. 00 per injection Well worth it.
Tucson Oculoplastic Surgeon

I found Dr. Lo on the Internet, but I had visited other's for consults. I decided on Dr. Lo and am grateful that I did. I look forward to having Dr. Lo help me maintain a more youthful look in the future. Thank you Dr. Lo! Oh! I can't forget, his staff is exceptional as well!