Thought the Downtime Would Be Less - Tucson, AZ

After researching fraxel, I thought I'd only be...

After researching fraxel, I thought I'd only be red 2-3 days. I wasn't only red, but looked burned. I had the laser marks all over my face 4 days after the procedure. I realized I got the ABLATIVE fraxel laser, not the NON ABLATIVE fraxel laser. Big difference. The benefit is one treatment is all I'll need. I just was expecting the downtime. Today is day 5 and I'm only now able to go out in public with mineral powder make up all over my face. The lasering hurt MUCH more than I expected. I took 2 Vicodin tabs plus they put on the numbing gel and I could barely stand it in certain areas! I'm surprised because I had a c-section a year ago and thought it was a walk in the park. If there's a next time, I'll take the Vicodin a little earlier.

Tucson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Listens to the patient. Errors on the side of caution. Hasn't lost perspective, people don't walk out of his office with over sized lips for example. The doctor and staff do whatever it takes to make the patient happy. I HIGLY recommend him.

Hi I am so depressed & cry all the time because of the wrinkles above my lip, Then I read about Fraxel, & finally seeing some hope in getting rid of these aweful wrinkles, I can travel to Tucson. Just wanted to know if it does work for up to 5 years.???