Outstanding Procedure - Tucson, AZ

I have been doing Exilis for quite some time now,...

I have been doing Exilis for quite some time now, in MA, CA, Phoenix and now Tucson. Specialists in Dermatology is the only office where Exilis is performed in Tucson, and the experience there has been superior. The reason being that Specialists has introduced their own treatment protocol, researched and tested by trained technicians and their supervisor, Dr. Hu, MD, PhD, a board certified dermatologist. Compared to my other experiences Specialists treats a larger area of the body for a longer time, charging a similar amount that other facilities charge who treat a smaller area for less time. The results are amazing! Rebecca is my certified lazer specialist who performs the Exilis on me and she is bright, competent and devoted to helping her patients achieve meaningful results. And that I have! I have dropped an entire jean size from a 27 to a 26, my arms are toned, and she has even managed to tighten the skin above my butt in order to lift it. Hard to believe! When my oldest daughter and I go shopping together, people think we're sisters. I walk repeatedly with an "elderly" woman 16 years my senior, and the other day while I was wearing a tank top retrieved from my giveaway pile, someone thought I was her granddaughter! Of course, I exercise, keep my weight down, eat well, dink fluids, and try to maintain my "youthful" appearance with other aesthetic interventions (IPLs, injectables, etc.). It's fun to look younger because it makes me feel younger! People perceive me as youthful and healthful and so that is how I feel. It's no fun getting older but Exilis at Specialists in Dermatology helps me prolong the inevitable.

Does it hurt?
Exilis at Specialists in Dermatology does NOT hurt because they treat a larger area. When it gets warm to hot, the technician can revert to another part of the treatment area, and then return to the original area when it has had a chance to cool down. When I did Exilis in other places it did hurt, it was hot, and in occasion I was burned a bit. There are no residual scars or redness but I won't overlook the fact that it was hot! I am a firm believer in no pain no gain, and a certain amount of discomfort is always inevitable. A lot depends on the individual person and their pain threshold as well as the desire to improve. Many women in my age group choose to grow old gracefully. I enjoy prolonging the inevitable and focus on that when I am in the midst of a treatment.

An Exilis Devotee

One Year Later I Remain Devoted To Exilis. Rebecca At Specialists In Dermatology Continues To Use Superb Aesthetic Judgment Insofar As How To Reach My Goals. My Body Is More Proportioned And I Continue To Wear Older Clothes In My Wardrobe Because They Still Fit Me. People Still Think I Am 15 -20 Years Younger (I Still Take Care Of My Face) And As An Older Woman People Don't Just Look Through Me. One Of The Best Parts Of Exilis Is That My Husband Can't Keep His Hands Off Me!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Rebecca is the certified lazer technician who performs my Exilis treatments. She is competent, bright and incredibly professional. If the Exilis gets warm, and it does, she has ways of going to other areas to minimize the heat, and then come back to the area that was warm. Because this office treats a larger area for a longer time, more progress is made after each treatment. Plus Rebecca always throws in something "extra". Exilis is not inexpensive, but the results afford me the ability to wear old clothes over and over again. (I just shop at TJ Maxx and eat at home!)