I'm a 36 year old mother of 2 boys. I am 5'3" and...

I'm a 36 year old mother of 2 boys. I am 5'3" and 122 lbs. I have been wanting to get a BA after weaning my second childy7. No one tells you that your boobies will deflate! It was worth it and instead of regretting nursing my baby, I decided to just get new boobs. Shoot! I color my hair, whiten my teeth, and go to the gym to shape up and feel healthy...why not help the girls out?

I wear a 34C Bra but measured as a B at the PS's office. I initially chose a Moderate Profile, 350cc Saline Implant filled to 360cc. However, I made some rice sizers yesterday and decided that I wanted a 400cc implant filled to 425.

I will add some pictures after my 2yo goes down for a nap.

Before Pictures!

Here are my before pictures. I feel very uncomfortable about posting these, but I feel that it is necessary to get good feedback and to help other women considering a BA. I did not take a side view last night but instead, decided to upload the pictures taken by a doctor.

My measurements are:
Bust- 34.75 (inches)
Waist- 28
Hips- 37

Here goes!

Making Rice Sizers!

I decided to make rice sizers so that I could play around at home with different potential implant sizes. This was a really fun project and helpful. It's not completely accurate but it has helped to reduce my stress level as I wait for my PreOp re-sizing appointment.

Here are two videos i found that are very helpful. The first video recommends using dry measuring cups to measure your rice and the other video maker shows a large liquid measuring cup. After my experience... I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING DRY MEASURING CUPS! It will give you a more accurate measurement.

I love in the second video how she used a tall pilsner glass to hold the pantyhose! Very smart and handy! I also recommend getting the knee highs...at Walmart 33 CENTS a pair!

I used a food scale in addition to the other items to ensure the accurate weight to the ounce. That way I didn't have lopsided sizers. Considering that a teaspoon of rice can change the implant weight by .25 ounces, I thought it was worth it.

Video #1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9tHqhH4bow

Video #2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN1MkfWnT4Y

I have also uploaded pictures of me using the rice sizers. I could use a bit of feedback.

My doctor suggested I go with no bigger than a 350cc Saline Implant filled to 360cc for my body frame. However, I do like the 400cc look. I'm going for a youthful natural look. I don't want people to look at me and think "She has a boobjob." But I want to go as big as possible without drawing negative attention.

What do you all think? 360cc or 400cc?

PreOp Appointment Today! New Size Choice!

I had my PreOp appointment today and after careful consideration, I decided to go a bit smaller. I have a small frame and though I would love big-big boobs, I really didn't want the attention they would bring. I wanted something natural looking. I read a dozen reviews here on RealSelf.com and one in particular helped me to make my decision. "Found the Perfect Size" I believe is the title written by CAsummergirl Please go check out their review. Very very helpful!

I chose a Round Saline Moderate Profile, 330cc Implant filled to 350cc+.

I was surprised how accurate my Rice Sizers were. While the sports bra showed me what the implants would look like on me (in the end without a bra), my office had me try sizers on with an underwire bra. That showed me how the implants would look on me with an underwire bra which pushes your breast up and out. When I tried the 330 cc implant sizer, my breasts looked HUGE with the underwire bra on. So, I felt smaller was better. Also, most women my size find that their breasts end up much larger than they expected bc of dropping and fluffing. I tried on one of their sizers and one of my rice sizers and was surprised how close they were. So making your own rice sizers is not completely accurate, but the rice sizers do help give you an idea how big you want to go.

The only thing I would add to my Making Rice Sizers advice, is to buy an unpadded sports bra (as recommended) but also an unlined/unpadded underwire bra. It will show you what your boobs will look like when scrunched up and out in a cute bra. I'm glad I went smaller!

I signed all my paperwork/consent forms and received the PreOp instructions! It's really happening! Yay!

Resources!

I thought I should post about my most helpful resources!

#1: The Boob Job Bible by Grace Gold... FIVE out of FIVE STARS

This is an Ebook that you can purchase through Grace's website and is a MUST if you have just started your journey www.theboobjobbible.com Because of this book I was able to stand up for what was right for me. My first consultation was done with a doctor that I really clashed with. I almost made a hugely bad decision for myself and all the while I was thinking "GRACE SAID THESE ARE RED FLAGS!!!" I made another appointment with a doctor with whom I fell in love with, figuratively. He is so amazing. His work spoke for itself and his credentials reassured me. Education is your greatest weapon against problems and disappointment and this book will teach you what you need to do!

#2: www.loveyourlook.com 4 out of 5 STARS

RealSelf.com is the best resource for personal stories I've come across. If you would like to see more images than this site has, try loveyourlook.com. It was not a great resource for anything other than pictures. Although! It was great for explaining the different types of profiles and even had a detailed guide on the BA procedure. They are a published by Mentor Worldwide LLC so they will only show you Mentor options.

#3: www.natrelle.com... 3 out of 5 STARS

This company offers a Pre-Consultation Kit for $39.99. It comes with a DVD, booklet, a profile bra, and sample implants (filled with saline/water). I just received mine, though I've already had my consultation and I've booked my appointment. The nicest part about the kit, is that it comes with a $50 rebate if you choose Natrelle Gel Implants for your surgery... thus reimbursing you for the kit you purchased. (I just wanted to review the kit to see if it would help others. I will have a video up tomorrow on the kit itself.)

#4: www.ratemds.com FIVE out of FIVE STARS!!!

This site is what finalized my decision which Doctor to choose for my BA procedure. After I came back from my first consultation with Doctor #1, my friend, who is a nurse, asked me if I had read any reviews. I cant believe I hadn't done that!!! So I found this website and found dozens and dozens and DOZENS of reviews that were awful for Doctor #1. Her biggest criticism is her pride and lousy bedside manner. I experienced her awful personality first hand, but I thought because she was so skilled I could deal with it. A lot of people said that when she messed up their surgeries Doctor #1 would belittle them about being picky. Even for hematomas!!! RED FLAG!

So I looked at reviews for my current doctor, Dr. Peter Kay, and found dozens of reviews. Not a single negative review!!! My doctor isn't about money, he's about Perfection. So he doesn't spend a lot of money on websites, pictures, fancy stuff. He relies on referrals and because he's so amazing, he is doing well. He is a compassionate listening man. Not the typical egocentric PS mentality. He does reconstructions also and has impacted the Tucson community greatly with his talent. What a gem!

#5: www.realself.com FIVE out of FIVE STARS!!!

You're already on this site so you know! But if you were thinking it is less helpful than you'd like, please reconsider. Search more reviews! Start your own! I've had so much positive feedback and encouragement. Reading about others journeys has helped me immensely.

#6: My Hair Stylist!

It is because of my openness with my stylist that I found out about Dr Peter Kay. My stylist, who had her BA done a couple years ago, shared her experience with me after I talked about my Post-Breastfeeding Boobs Blues. Oddly enough, that was mentioned in The Boob Job Bible! I just hadn't read it yet! LOL

These are my top resources and I've spent hours and hours on them! Hope this helps!

Video Review of the Natrelle Pre-Consultation Kit

I just posted an anonymous video review on YouTube for the Natrelle Breast Implant Pre-Consultation Kit.

I came upon the kit purely by accident and chose to do a review of the product to help other women who are struggling to find their perfect size.

I apologized for the length, but I anticipated as many questions as I could and tried to answer all of them in the video.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. If you don't want to post a question publicly on YouTube, ask them here on RealSelf!

The Natrelle Profile Bra

Here are some pictures of the Natrelle Profile Bra.

If you haven't gone on your consultation yet, I strongly suggest you bring a white, black and brightly colored shirt. Each will give the Sizers a different look.

I'm surprised how big these look with a white shirt and how small they look with a black shirt. Something to consider.

If you do get this kit, make sure you bring this bra with you to your consultation. I would also bring a sports bra and an un-lined underwire bra. That way you can see what the sizers will look like with no bra (the profile bra is supposed to replicate this) and with your boobs pushed up.

A Kids Perspective On Boobs

Last night I decided to wear my Profile Bra with the 375cc Rice Sizers in them. I wanted to wear them for a long time to see if I liked the size, which I felt, after 5 hours, were too big. Glad I chose 330cc!

Side Note: Rice is food and Cats like food. Cats will destroy your Rice Sizers to eat the food. LOL!

Anyway, my 5yo son has been fascinated with my 'nipples' since breastfeeding his baby brother. He really is referring to the entire breast, but because HE only has 'nipples' he doesn't quite get the difference. Last night, he was reclining on my Ricey Rack watching The Aquabats with me and said, "MOM! Your nipples are soft!" With lightening speed he put both hands on them and began to push them. I asked him, calmly, to remove his hands from my chest and reminded him that he was in my personal space. I told him that "Mommy put on a special bra with bean bags in them to see what size I like. In a couple of weeks, I'm going to get my breasts fixed and they are going to be round and soft for a long time." He began to laugh hysterically. Fast forward to lunch today. At the kitchen table my son asks, "Mom, did you take your soft nipples off?" We all laughed. Then I explained one more time that they are not called nipples.

My philosophy on talking to my kids about my breast augmentation:
It has been a strong conviction of mine that the over-sexualization of the breast has been one of the greatest tragedies of modern society. So I try to teach my boys that I'm not ashamed of my breasts. They are simply an organ to feed babies with. And now that I'm done feeding babies, I'm going to get them fixed.

I understand that the breast is a very attractive organ. It represents the power of childbirth and the power of our creation to nurture. That can be appealing. But I don't want my boys to grow up feeling like they are something for sex. I want them to feel nothing when they see a breastfeeding woman in public but respect and pride. So I remind my boys that my breasts are my personal space and aren't to be touched. But I don't treat them like a sexual object because they aren't.

What kind of stories do you ladies have in regards to your kids and this process?

Hanes Bandinis (2pk) on sale $9.99

At $5 a bra...that's a screaming deal! Check out this sale

Free Shipping Code For Hanes

Free Shipping on all orders over $40 at www.Hanes.com

Promo Code: HANES40 (case sensitive)

Second PreOp Today!

Hi ladies! I had my second PreOp with my Dr today and it went beautifully. It was scheduled for Monday, but I wanted a sooner appointment in case I changed my mind about the size...again. I'm glad I did, because I couldn't remember what his professional opinion was. I mainly worked with his staff the first and second visits. He is such a caring and wonderful doctor. He took time to listen to my concerns, feelings and questions. He recommended that I go with my original choice of 360cc. He said that it would be perfect for me and would give me a great look and shape. That's what I'm going to do. I realize I've been all over the place with size, but he said that was normal and advised me to go with my gut feeling.

I cant wait! I was scared before, but listening to him talk and share his mission really put me at ease. I cant believe there are only 5-6 days left!

3 Days To Go!

I really started to feel guilty about spending so much money on this surgery. I kept thinking, there are people I could just give this money to and there are things I can use this money for to help our family. I was just about to tell my husband that I thought we should cancel the surgery and donate the money or pay off some or debts (school loans, etc). He interrupted me and said that there wasn't any reason to feel guilty. There will always be people in need and there will always be bills to pay. "Whats the point of saving money if you can never do anything nice for yourself." He reminded me that he loves me and he doesn't want me to feel bad. He supports my decision and says that I've earned a treat for myself. He's such a great man... I'm so blessed.

I'm very excited about Thursday's surgery. My Dr is so amazing and I feel like I'm in good hands. Have a new video tutorial I'm working on. Hopefully I'll get it up by this afternoon!

Here's my New Tutorial: How To Make Rice Sizers!

I made an incredibly amazing discovery! If you use HIGH QUALITY knee high stockings, you'll get a HIGH PROFILE sizer! If you use a LOW QUALITY knee high stockings, you'll get a MODERATE PROFILE sizer! Now you CAN have an accurate sizer... I took mine into a PO appointment and my sizers were almost identical in size to the gel sizers. The staff was really impressed. Who says I cant have my cake and eat it too?! ;)

Natrelle Profile Bra Review Direct Link

My First Mammogram!

Hi ladies! Today I had my very first mammogram in preparation for my surgery on Thursday. I wasn't terribly nervous bc I'm not normally nervous about stuff like that, but the idea of having my small boobs SMOOSHED between two metal plates was not exciting. Turns out the machine they used was one of the latest with plastic plates which have "give" in them. Whew! They tech did a great job and my insurance covered 80% of the cost. So it only ends up being around $35 dollars for me. w00t! I'm feeling so confident about my decision and really looking forward to Thursday's surgery. Hope you all are having a great day.

Everything was going fine until I got on the internet...

There should be a webpage dedicated to good days being challenged by the internet. I was doing great and really excited about my operation but then the internet happened. Also, I told my best friend about the procedure and all she said was..."wow." Then she wouldn't reply to my texts. So, I'm hoping that its just because she's busy with the kids and cant get back to me. Her disapproval and not having her support in prayer for my safety would definitely make it difficult to salvage the day. I don't expect people to agree with my decision, but I would hope that when I ask them to pray for my safety they would still be supportive. Most of my friends and family have been. SO! Here's hoping that I'm just being overly sensitive! I've still holding onto the strings of my good day!

BOOBIES!!! I cant believe I did it! Best Day EVAR!

I went into this surgery not feeling at all nervous. I even ran into old acquaintances in the waiting room that I have not seen in 14 years. That was so much fun! My nurses were amazing and even caressed my arms gently and lovingly while I was drifting in to sleep. Before the surgery, my doctor came in all smiles and my anesthesiologist was joking with me and having a good time. I woke up with no pain, I've had no nausea and I've been very comfortable. For any of you who are PostOp and experiencing nausea, I found a trick that has worked for me. I make sure that I always have something in my tummy. (Kinda like when your pregnant.) I bought a bunch of applesauce pouches and I'm sipping on those. I also mixed Sprite with Welch's ApplePineaplleOrange juice. Delicious! That's what working for me. Also, for those of you who are still going to consultations to find a Doctor, ask them if they do a pain pump. I received a pain pump that will be removed tomorrow. I think that is why I'm not having to take a lot of my pain meds and thusly, avoiding nausea. Bye for now! :D

Shoutout to Smalltots!

Smalltots had her surgery today, peeps! The customer service has been lousy and has taken a lot of joy out of this special day for her... would you please head over to her review and send her some love in the comment section. I'd love to help salvage this special day!!! Thanks everyone, BIG HUGS! (you can find a direct link to her review in my comments section below)

Post Op Appointment

Everyone was so please with how I was doing! My appointment went great and I was thankful they wanted me to keep the pain pump in. There's still a ton of medication left and I wanted to use it all. I must have misunderstood them yesterday when I stated they were going to remove it today. I blame the drugs! I have had ZERO nausea, ZERO pain, and ZERO negativity. My breasts look phenomenal and the Dr Kay was so surprised at how soft my breast are already. I told them that I have a high pain tolerance and I pray and meditate a lot. I wasn't even nervous going into the surgery. I was totally at peace. I slept like a baby last night... Here's a tip. Use a Neck Pillow! I havent slept that good in ages! Anyhow Here are some Pictures of my post op Boobies! Thank you to all who have been an amazing support system for me. I don't know what I would have done without you! :D *heart*

Over Did It Yesterday!

Yesterday I was putting dishes in the dishwasher and folding some light laundry. NOT GOOD. I started to feel my breasts harden and become sore! I didn't feel like I was exerting myself at all, but I quickly iced my boobs on and off for the rest of the day and took my muscle relaxers close together according to the prescription. Everything is fine, but I learned my lesson. No matter how good you feel, don't do any unnecessary work. My breasts are really starting to soften and the bruising is nearly gone. I have one small hematoma that is still there, but my pain pump is out and my stitches are healing nicely. I still have no pain and no nausea.

My first thought, my boobs are gorgeous. My second thought, they aren't as big as I thought they would be. My third thought, they still have to drop and fluff. My fourth thought, my boobs are gorgeous. LOL!

Post Operative Bloat????

So, did any of you ladies experience a huge bloating after surgery? I feel like my belly looks like I'm 6 months pregnant! I imagine it could be from the fluids they give you and because of the constipating effect of the narcotics. Here I was thinking my boobs would make my 'donut' look smaller but...Hahahaha!

I would have to say the best part of looking down at my chest is seeing how far away the 'donut' is from my breasts. I've never had to look so far to see it! Still, the bloating part is weird. I cant wait to get back to the gym!

Side By Side

Side By Side

Lets try this photo upload again!

Another Before and After with BLOATING! Good Grief!!!wes

Loving my new boobs!

The bloating is so bad that I can barely squeeze into my pants.... but the bright side is that I CAN BARELY SQUEEZE INTO MY OLD TOPS!

Strange Week Emotionally

I've been so happy about my surgery and my experience and I've tried to keep everyone posted. But Wednesday morning we received some terrible news so my posts have been short. I'll try to post another update about my Post Op appt. but everything is going well. I'm healing well, feeling great, and slowly losing the bloat. Whew!

What happened to last week?!

Well, last week was, for sure, a blur! I had a PO appt last Friday, on the 6th, and my PS told me that everything was going exactly as it should. He gave me some very non-aggressive massages to do until next month when I'll get the new techniques. I can tell that I have pushed myself too hard over the last 3 days because I noticed my right breast is settling nicely but my left breast is still high and tight. I was a bit worried about this but I'm icing her and massaging her a bit more than the other one. I will be resting today and not doing anything, but move one load of laundry from the washer to the dryer. I promised myself I wouldn't even fold the clothes!!! :P

I talked to my PS prior to the surgery about receiving regular sutures as apposed to dissolvable ones. In my long history of stitches, the dissolvable ones NEVER dissolve! I can still feel my stitches from my hernia repair (performed 5 years ago) poking around in my belly button! I did have to have the dissolvable stitches for the deep tissue closure (standard) but for the dermal stitching I used the the other kind and I have to say that I prefer them. These stitches are much more comfortable and I cant believe how little my scarring is. I have to return to the office this Friday to get them removed and I will post more pics of the incision area to show you all what a great job he did ;)

I feel like I'm all over the place today with this post!!! I'm not even on my meds anymore.

Thank you all for your kind words. I didn't want to divulge the nature of the bad news bc I didn't want to sensationalize the event or appear to be selfish. I just didn't want to make it about me, but I really did need a little kindness and being able to reach out a bit here on RealSelf was just what I needed. Thanks so much! *hugs*

My Fave PO Bras!

The Fruit of The Loom Bra is a great bra but extremely hard to find. If you come across them at Walmart grab a couple!

The Hanes Bandini is awesome! Love Love Love! I wear it under everything when I go out :D

DOH! *Forehead Slap*

I just took some pictures with my nice camera and the tripod because I'm incredibly Meticulous and wanted to figure out what the heck is going on with my right breast.

Yes, I have too much time on my hands...but I swear I've done mommy stuff too today... Built towers, played dozens of puzzles and made snacks, soooooo * bites lip, shifty eyes*

Anyway! I took some pictures a realized the problem! Its not that my left breast is tighter, it's actually dropped a bit. The right breast is higher and tighter, so when I look down there's the optical illusion of it being smaller. Which means, I've been massaging the WRONG BOOBY!

sigh... sometimes I wonder about myself.

Also, I'm right handed, so it makes perfect sense that the right breast is tighter from those muscles not relaxing enough. I don't know why that didn't occur to me until now.

Dissolvable Stitches

Dissolvable Stitches:

I just want to be really clear that they ARE supposed to dissolve and how it works, just in case someone reads my update and gets a little scared or confused....

When dissolvable stitches are placed internally, the body recognizes it as a foreign object and works to break it down. They start to break down in 1-2 weeks, then fully by three months. I'm the only person any of my doctors (about a dozen of them who have given me stitches/removed stitches) they have met whose internal and external dissolvable stitches didn't dissolve. So i'm kind of a freak ;) LOL

When the dissolvable stitches are on the skin, the part of the stitch that touches the inside of your body is dissolved and the part outside remains intact. So when you remove the steri-strips (surgical tape) covering the incision, the stitches that didn't dissolve come off with the tape effortlessly leaving smooth skin.

Soooo... "Its not you, Dissolvable Stitches, its me." Sorry if I confused anyone!

Shout Out to Mermaid_Dancing!

Hey Everyone! Please stop by this amazing woman's Review and show her some love! She just had her surgery yesterday!

Favorite Bandini! 12 Days PO

I never get tired of looking at my two new BFF's! I just cant wait til they even out. Must...Be...Patient...

I told another reviewer that its like "your boobs are in a race against each other."

My Favorite Tank Top! 19 PO

I love this tank top because it looks normal on me now. I look like a normal woman! I love that. Im very pleased with my size :D

Essential Oils & A Conversation With My Brain "Shut up, Brain!"

I cant even believe how time is flying by and I'm sorry I haven't been able to pop on and give an update. I really wanted to talk about my incisions and my right breast breast today to address the key things that are on my mind.

Firstly, my incisions. I had my stitches removed last Friday, the 13th. It was such a relief! They were beginning to feel super tight and very uncomfortable. As I posted earlier, I had normal stitches, not the dissolvable ones. (Normally, a week after your surgery, your stitches come free when the tape is removed, so most of you will not be able to relate.) Removing the stitches made the incisions feel more relaxed and the tightness was relieved. The feeling afterward was an extreme sensitivity of the nipples. I had been covering my nipples with gauze this whole time to try and keep them from being rubbed. But even that didn't seem to help.

So here's what I did. I had ordered some Essential Oils from my close friend to prevent scarring and to help her out. I've never used anything like this before, not even Bio Oil. So I don't have anything to compare it too, but WOW! These oils are amazing. In the picture of my incisions (12 Days PO vs. 19 Days PO) you can see the scabbing and the dry skin vs the pink healthy skin. Ewww! Sorry, I know its gross. The amazing thing is that I put a concentrated version of the oil combination on my nipples by accident, then put the gauze over them. I began reading the directions more closely and realized that I was supposed to dilute it. Oops! So I went back to the mirror and removed the gauze and all of the scabbing and dead skin WIPED off, leaving this beautiful pink tissue showing! This was just 5 minutes after I applied it! I've been using the diluted oil all over my entire breast because it promotes good breast health and it makes them look amazing ;)

I am amazed that nature provides us with such an amazing array of things to heal our bodies. I purchased Lavender, Lemongrass, and Geranium...I diluted it with a refined Coconut Oil from the same company. Concentrated, I could barely stand the smell. But diluted, its very relaxing and my husband loves it. He never comments on my perfumes... probably bc he doesn't care for them. But he told me that whatever I put on, he really liked it. I've been using it for three days now and the left incision looks great. The right incision still looks swollen and red but I have been over using my arm. Thus causing irritation and tightness.

Which brings me to my next obsession! The right breast! Here's a conversation I had with my Brain today.

Me: Their lopsided!
Brain: It's your dominant side and you are Over-doing-it. Your muscles are tighter on that side and swollen. Just relax and rest.
Me: The right side's incision looks awful!
Brain: You're irritating it by moving your arm so much, Dummy.
Me: The right side is smaller!!!
Brain: Stop worrying! You talked to your PS about it. Be patient...do you need me to look the word up for you?
Me: Shut up, Brain! If you're so smart, why did you just tell me to pee my pants.
Brain: You DO realize that you just typed that on RealSelf.
Me: Its a joke, moron.
Brain: Shut up.
Me: You, shut up.

All joking aside:
I realize that this obsession is probably another case of my overly critical nature towards my body. I am not experiencing anything unusual or uncommon. It must be that part of me that questions myself. Did I communicate my concern clearly enough to the nurse? Yes. I told her about my right side being smaller and she told me that would be corrected in surgery. I have to trust my PS and I'm going to have to put all of that worry away for several months until we can truly see the final results.

I'm sure one of you ladies can give me a good Virtual-Slap and say "You're fine. It WILL drop and fluff like the other one. Snap out of it, sister!"

I absolutely love you all in a way that I never thought I could love complete strangers. Thank you for all of your kind words, your humor and your support! Hope you all are doing well today! *Hugs & Hearts*

The Dreaded Tender Boobs

So at the 2 week mark I started having The Dreaded Tender Boobs. After reading D is for Daphne's post, my suspicions about my menses making it worse were confirmed. "Stupid reproductive organ. How dare you keep my hormones regulated and keep from menopause..." LOL! It was awful being crampy, bloated from surgery, then bloated from Aunt Flow, back aches, boob soreness, tenderness and backaches. That's when I took a couple more pain killers. I hadn't taken them since the first 24 hours after surgery, but my menses kicked my @$$. Anyway, I could barely touch them. They were sensitive from the nipple, down and wearing the Bandini's felt like wearing Sand Paper. CAsummergirl mentioned this in her review so I was prepared...but what I wasn't prepared for was the shower. What had felt like bliss the week before, now felt like tiny fingers flicking the heck out of my tender milk makers. I cursed every tiny stream of water pouring from our $300 Rainforest Shower Head and longed for the $20 Hand Held Shower Head with the gentle trickle setting. My nipples felt like they were being tenderized! It didn't help that my husband had (and has) been all over me too. Well, actually it does help...a little...he loves me and them and that makes me feel good. BUT one night as I sat on the couch topless enjoying the feeling of NOTHING touching my aching skin, he reached over to touch one. Wrong move. Without turning away from the TV, I replied "If you touch my breasts....I will kill you." There was a moment of silence between us, then fits of laughter. Which made my boobs hurt again. Stupid happiness. Anyway, its getting better. If you haven't invested in a $20 Hand Held Shower head with that cool 5 settings feature, please consider it! You'll thank me later ;)

My favorite is from Walmart and it had a trickle setting, a soft shower (bliss) setting and an aerated stream which feels like bubbles. Pollenex Microban Handheld for $24. Awesome.

Has it been a month already?!

Sorry I haven't updated in a week, but I've been pretty busy getting the kids healthy. In Arizona, you would think that we couldn't have a cold season because, as of last week, it was still 90 degrees. However, the kids got some nasty colds and were not sleeping well. Poor babies.

I have been struggling with disappointment because as the weeks go by I'm starting to notice that the stupid right breast is smaller and it has dropped and fluffed a bit. They still have a month or more to go, but here's why I'm concerned...

Two weeks prior to surgery, I told the nurse that I wanted to make sure that my size difference was corrected. She responded "You don't need to worry about that. Because you are getting saline, the doctor will fix both breasts to match during surgery." I told her how important it was to me and she said "the Doctor will take care of it." She smiled and I thought "Great! I don't have to bring it up or pester them with my insecurity because it will be 'taken care of'." So I didn't mention it again.

Then a week before the surgery I called the nurse in charge of ordering the implants and asked her when the cut off date was for ordering the implants. I told her that I really needed to talk to the Doctor one more time and I was most likely going to change my size so I needed to get in before the cut off date. She got me in the friday before my surgery and I talked to the doctor who recommended I change my size just as my intuition had guided me to. So we decided from a 330 to 360. It was settled.

I had the surgery done and a week later I got my implant cards. (I was already starting to notice that the right breast was smaller.) I decided to be patient and wait, but the implant card said that they were 330's filled to 360. She ordered the wrong size! I know what she was probably thinking, "Well, the 330 can be filled to 360. That means I don't have to cancel the order and reorder the new ones." But what she didn't bother doing was talking to the other nurse who would have reminded her about the size difference and correction.

I would not be upset at all if the implants were a 360, bc they could go in and add more to the right breast. No problem. But bc the implants are the wrong size and filled to the maximum recommendation the only solution is to withdrawal fluid from the left breast WHICH IS PERFECT AND I DON'T WANT TO CUT IT OPEN AGAIN. The left breast is almost completely healed, the scars are perfection and it looks fabulous!

Anyway, I know it's not a big deal, but I was really looking forward to the size correction. Its about a half cup size difference right now which means I'll have to use a chicken cutlet on the right size to fill whatever bra I purchase. Not looking forward to that. My doctor and nurses are amazing. I know it's just a simple mistake, but I feel extremely disappointed. With myself, for not bugging them all about it and with the nurse who ordered the wrong size. Here's to hoping I can GET OVER IT! ;) I still look great and they were like this before so I shouldn't be upset about it now, right? In a way, They make me look more natural, right? Right?! *tentative smile* LMBO!

Hope you all are well! Love and Hugs!

Bigger Pics!

Heres are the pictures individually so you girls using your smart phones and tablets can see them better!
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

My consultation was wonderful! Dr Peter Kay spent quite a bit of time talking to me. He was professional, kind, thorough and is a perfectionist. I am very excited about my upcoming BA procedure! Now that my procedure is over, I'm feeling sad. BECAUSE I WON'T GET TO SEE MY DOCTOR AS OFTEN ANYMORE! Dr Kay is one of the the kindest and most talented surgeons Ive met. I come from a family of medical professionals and can spot the good ones. He has a compassionate bedside manner and listens to every question. He answers them thoughtfully and takes your desires into his professional opinion. I never had to wait for my appointments, I never had to hold to speak to someone and I was allowed to take the time I needed trying on sizers. The staff was kind and extremely knowledgable. My results are perfection! I'm looking forward to all my follow up appointments just so I can see my doctor again. He is truly a wonderful man!

Hey Girly!! I hope your doing well! Was just thinking about you and wanted to stop by and say HI! :)

Hope your family is feeling better after being sick. Try not to be so hard on yourself about the implant size issue. It really wasn't your fault. You look great in your photos, although we'd love an update when you have time. Take care and thinking of you!

So how are the boobies looking/feeling now? I have my BA scheduled for Dec. 5th. So scared and excited!!!
Update! I've missed ya on here friend. More pics!
WOW! You. are. amazing. Loved reading and laughing with your posts. You are a fun writer to follow, thank you for sharing your experiences. I thought it was adorable how you approached your kiddos about breasts and how you would like them to respect them. It is so refreshing to hear such a respectful view of the female anatomy. I saw that you mentioned that you meditate regularly. I, too, enjoy meditation and calming the mind with deep breathing. It seems you were really able to keep your cool and understand why your body was doing what it was after your surgery. I think the more in tune we are with our bodies and the better we understand how it heals- the more peaceful the evolution will be. I will keep checking back for more informative and fun posts! You look amazing, by the way. You are healing beautifully! Xo
Hi PinkLotus!  I'm so glad I could make you smile and laugh.  I'm so sorry that I didn't get back to you in a timely fashion.  My kiddos have been sick now for over two weeks and I have bronchitis now.  So, I've been resting a lot and not on the internet as much.  :(  Which makes me sad bc I love my RS girls!  I do meditate and pray a lot.  I spend time calming my mind.  I am a very emotional and reactive person, so I have dedicated the last 13 years of my life developing self control.  Sure, inside my head I'm freaking out a lot, but I try to keep level headed.  I cant wait to check out your review!  Thanks again, its reassuring to hear your kind words <3
I loved reading your journey. You are funny, informative, and caring. I also appreciate you sharing how you discuss your breasts with your sons. I have been wondering how to approach the subject of my BA with my own kids. I hate that you aren't 100% satisfied with your result. :( keep us posted.
That's very sweet  of you!  Thank you for your encouragement.  I may not be 100% satisfied with my end result right now, but I'm only 5 wks PO.  Which is like saying i'm a toddler wanting to drive.  It really isn't until the 6 month mark that you are going to see the final results, so there is still a chance that my breast could drop and fluff more! *fingers crossed*  I'm more upset with myself because I didn't listen to my gut.  I should have really pushed for clarity and I didn't.  So! Make sure your final decisions are in writing.  Also, no BA is going to be perfect because our bodies aren't perfect and our doctors aren't perfect.  The goal is to find one that strives for perfection because that will get you close to your goal.  I'm pretty sure that I need to get over the size difference <3 You results are going to be fantastic!  I cant wait to hear what your PS says! :D
Very nice for you too!
Thank you! <3
U are soooooo right :)
LOL! So thank you, Complete Stranger. <3 <3 <3
I always look at pictures before I read the updates. I didn't even notice the size difference until pointed out. I think you look amazing. I truly do. But here's my thoughts and questions. And maybe I feel irritated after reading your review because we have the same Dr and I too felt some of my concerns were brushed off from time to time. I know they do this all the time but it's the first time for us. My questions, have you expressed your concerns to the Dr or the staff? Also, did you sign paper work with the size of the implants you were getting? When I was signing my final paperwork on my pre op I noticed my paper work said I was getting saline when I had requested silicone. When I asked for this to be checked on is when I was kind of brushed off..... They checked and confirmed and I got silicone. Either way, it sounds like you don't want to get a revision and are trying to "get over this" and I can truly understand that but I think you are letting the Dr.'s office off the hook to easily. They need to have checks and balances in place so things like this do not happen. AND I think you need/deserve some sort of compensation. Again, I think your results are looking amazing and I'm happy that you posted pics with out your hearts because it does give the whole picture. :)
Thank you, Mermaid!  I was reluctant to post anything at all because I didn't want to freak anyone out. I just need a little support.  Plus I want others to learn from my mistake.   I DO plan on talking to the office about it.  I wanted to make sure everyone was back from vacation first, because I know I will have a better response when everyone is well rested.  I also wanted to wait until the 6 week mark so that no one could accuse me of not waiting long enough to see them drop.  I debated this for days because I also didn't want too much time to go by and get the "why didn't you say something sooner response."  But I decided that I could just tell them I wanted to wait until they dropped.  Our PS is so wonderful and I love his staff, but I let that keep me from doing what was right.  Pushing the issue.  Communicating clearly.  Most of the time I feel like I'm a burden on people so I struggle with being, what I think might be, overbearing and too trusting.  I also want a little distance so that I don't come across as emotional.  I want to use the facts to support my case and not my feelings.  The evidence speaks for itself and I feel that my argument is pretty convincing.  You are so right about the fact that they do this all the time and that its easy for them to say "oh, you don't need to worry about that.  That will be taken care of in surgery." It's difficult for us to trust that it will get done.  In fact, we shouldnt trust them to remember everything.  They are limited human being like myself LOL .  It's up to us to be clear and double triple quadruple check everything.  I did sign my paperwork which had my implant type and size on it.  When I came in to change my size, I didn't get new paperwork.  This should have concerned me.  I should have been clear and asked for it in writing.  sigh... oh well.  For them, this is what they do every monday and thursday but this is a once in ten years thing for us.  I really appreciate your kind words.  Its nice to have someone who knows my PS and can bounce some truth on me :D  Hope you're healing well!  <3 You've been in my thoughts frequently! *big hugs*
I think you look so awesome!! And I love all the pics!
Thanks for the feedback!  You ladies have made me feel so much better <3
I agree..... I don't see a difference at all! BUT I went through all of that myself...... And that's frustrating.... Give it some time. Once you heel and strt to wear regular bras and tops u will strt to feel good and comfortable I'm thinkin .... And if not.... Call your dr and go from there. But I truly think they look great and can not see the difference Take care. Can't wait to hear and see more pics :))
Thanks Yaya4!  I really appreciate everyone's perspective on this.  Sometimes you just need a complete stranger to tell you that everything is okay.  That shouldn't make sense but it does.  Strangers don't have anything to lose by telling you the truth.  Thanks and big hugs!
Honestly OLC I had not noticed that one was different from the other till you pointed it out. I would be bummed too especially since it sounds like you tried your best to make sure that it would be known that 1 needed a little more saline than the other. I have one slightly smaller breast myself and will have to make sure The PS is reminded to adjust accordingly. Your review is so thorough and I love all the pics-especially the "brave" ones. :)
LOL!  I felt like I was doing them an injustice by covering up how good they looked.  So I posted a few with no hearts ;)  I'm glad to hear the difference is only noticeable when pointed out.  I was commenting on Boobooboo's review about how I think my dissatisfaction with how I look comes from the disappointment in myself.  I was so thorough and I let that area slip.  But, even if I cant change it, they still look great! *hugs*
Your stars are very similar to mine. I have a consultation in a few weeks with my second Dr. But still undecided about saline or silicone. Why did you pick saline? Thanks
Hi Jasel311!  Good luck on your upcoming consultation. :D  I decided to go with Saline because...  #1. They were what I could afford 'now'.  I didn't want to wait any longer and I didn't want to be paying off my boobs LOL #2. MRI's for Gels.... Even though the PS will tell you an MRI is not necessary until three years after the procedure, they are still too expensive to afford in my future.  I'm in my late 30's and soon I'll have to get an exam every year.  A mammogram costs me $35 and an MRI is close to $1000 for me.  #3. I wanted to know right away if the integrity of the implant was compromised.  With saline, the implant will slowly deflate.  If a Highly Cohesive Gel implant is ruptured you wont know about it until your next MRI.  This is not a health concern for me but a financial concern.  #4.  I didn't expect this, but it's a plus, my saline implants give me a firmer look.  Being 36 that's becoming more important to me ;)  What I hope to encourage all ladies to do is find out what is more important to them.  No one answer is right or wrong!!! Saline is not better than Gel and Gel is not better than Saline.  They are equal.  If money is more of a concern then don't let anyone tell you that it is an invalid factor for determining which implant you go with.  No one should have to be in financial jeopardy because they want better boobies :D  If look and feel is more important to you, then go with whatever you PS recommends.  (MOST prefer gels, but some still recommend saline first.) It's better to be completely certain before going through with this.  We cant be perfect but we should be well informed so we can get as close to it as possible.  I'm just learning to be thankful and stop picking on myself so much :)  I'm my own worst critic.  Good luck and keep us posted!
Well said OLC!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. :)
Thanks Iris34! <3
Thank you for such a thorough review! It helps so much to read other peoples honest reviews. To know what is expected and normal and to know others are having the same issues as you makes you a little less paranoid and feel a littlt less crazy, lol! You look wonderful and I hope to heal as beautifully as you did. Happy healing & big hugs!